Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Music from the Netherlands

Swegulls

Aug 29, 2023
Stockholm
Well, when it comes to sports the Netherlands is up there among the very best in every sport there is, both winter and summer. With a relatively small population. But music? I can't recall I've ever listened to any band from the Netherlands. Heard of Golden Earring or whatever the name is, and some shit from the Eurovision Song Contest. But other than that, have I missed something!?

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
Shocking Blue who did the original of Venus

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East

SURELY there's only one suitable choice of 2 unlimited track?!

1699529677710.png

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
He wasn't Belgian!? My life's a lie.

Without footballers, in Ten Famous Belgians, that's reduced me to Eddie Merkx, Herge and Plastique Bertrand.
Adolphe Sax - invented and then named a famous musical instrument after himself.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
Eddie and Alex Van Halen were born in Holland.
Might as well give that to them.
If you're doing that, Angus Young is married to a Dutchwoman and lives here part of the time. They have a house up in the east

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
He wasn't Belgian!? My life's a lie.

Without footballers, in Ten Famous Belgians, that's reduced me to Eddie Merkx, Herge and Plastique Bertrand.
Definitely Dutch and a just bit racist later in life. Rumour has it that he threw the Smurf puppets into the Rhine to avoid just being associated with them. Bit weird.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
Alquin and Kayak were both half-decent progrock contemporaries of Focus back in the 70s. Radio Caroline used to play them both a lot.

The Ex are the best of the long-standing stalwarts.

The local scene is currently as good as I can remember it in my 30+ years here. There are a growing number of decent bands around at this moment: Tramhaus, Personal Trainer, Marathon & SØWT, to name but a few...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here