Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
Gerard Butler is Scottish but Bradley Cooper is a Yank. WTF has it got to do with you Bradley ? Do one !

Feel free to ask me the same during the Rugby World Cup when I'm watching it at the Amex (that's assuming I fail to get tickets for England matches).
Since when did you have to hail from the same nation as the competitors at a sports event?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
You really ARE a knobhead aren't you. I thought it was just an act.

No I am a knobhead. I know it, you know it, everyone knows it. Still it won't stop me saying what I think.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I don't quite understand the negativity towards Henman. He was one of the most consistent performers at Wimbledon for almost a decade and provided excellent entertainment. He also reached number four in the world for a brief period.

Apart from the fact that he was called 'Tim' I've got nothing very much against the bloke other than what he represented, the doomed dreams of middle-England tennis club society. Give Wayne Rooney or Gazza a tennis racquet at the age of three and they'd probably be monstrous mutant multiple Wimbledon winners. But while its run primarily as a social event, English tennis will need to suffer another seventy-odd years of hurt and whist drives. Still, don't matter all that much now I suppose, now that Andy Murray is officially British forevermore.

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings

I was pleased that Scotland was hardly mentioned and Murray mentioning "British" or "Britain" a couple of times when interviewed after the match. Alex Salmond is an even bigger prat than Cameron imho.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
What happened to Alex Ferguson and Sean Connery. There for the semi, did'nt see them at the final. Cant believe they were not there.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Apart from the fact that he was called 'Tim' I've got nothing very much against the bloke other than what he represented, the doomed dreams of middle-England tennis club society. Give Wayne Rooney or Gazza a tennis racquet at the age of three and they'd probably be monstrous mutant multiple Wimbledon winners. But while its run primarily as a social event, English tennis will need to suffer another seventy-odd years of hurt and whist drives. Still, don't matter all that much now I suppose, now that Andy Murray is officially British forevermore.

Tim and Andy had the same opportunities. Andy is much better.

Can you honestly imagine Wazza or Gazza having any of the traits needed to be a tennis star?

Apart from playing competitive sport, every other day, for at least two hours; ice baths, hours of training, living out of a suitcase; would they be able to hack the mental side of things?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

Can you honestly imagine Wazza or Gazza having any of the traits needed to be a tennis star?

Apart from playing competitive sport, every other day, for at least two hours; ice baths, hours of training, living out of a suitcase; would they be able to hack the mental side of things?

Gazza on the centre court wearing plastic breasts ?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

As things stand, we'll never know. Don't know what it was like at your school, but at mine, the only exposure we ever got to a tennis racquet was about an hour a term, with about twenty kids on one side of the net and twenty kids on the other side aimlessly firing tennis balls to the other side. It was beyond pathetic. The world's potential best tennis player could have been lost in that throng somewhere. Like I say, we'll never know.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
No it won't US. You need NSC don't you ?

I am a complete **** and I know it. Sometimes I disown myself. All in all a ****. That is fair. I do not deny it for a second.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
As things stand, we'll never know. Don't know what it was like at your school, but at mine, the only exposure we ever got to a tennis racquet was about an hour a term, with about twenty kids on one side of the net and twenty kids on the other side aimlessly firing tennis balls to the other side. It was beyond pathetic. The world's potential best tennis player could have been lost in that throng somewhere. Like I say, we'll never know.

On that I agree. As part of my PGCE, I spent some time at a school in Lancing. It was a great celebration when they received some rackets and balls they had mustered from a Sainsburys campaign with those silly vouchers - spend £20k and get a 'free' basketball type thing.

Apart from most of the teachers not having a single clue or the ability to physically coordinate themselves to do anything other than pouring themselves a hot drink and moan about anything and everything; the rackets and balls were played with for ten minutes with other children running to and fro between the 'match'.

A pointless waste of time and effort.

We don't produce tennis starlets (or other such sports) regularly because the school days are too short and the classes are too crammed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here