Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray v Djokovic Official Match Thread

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The last time I checked, Scotland was part of Great Britain, which automatically means that Andy Murray is British. That will remain that way until such times that Scottish people decide in a referendum to leave the union. I would be sceptical of that happening any time soon, however much the SNP's propaganda machine tries to convince people otherwise.

The people that are throwing out the 'Murray is Scottish not British' line I trust were willing Sir Chris Hoy to lose in the Olympics last year as well, were they?

It's a joke sir. Honest. Not to be taken seriously. OK?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Goldstone Rapper - the players will be out on court at 2:00 pm for probably a 2:15 pm start.

Thank you. I'm not a big follower of tennis and yet, obviously, this is well worth watching today.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
shame the anti Murray idiots ruin these threads but i'll stick my neck out with a prediction

unfortunately i reckon Djok in 4. Vital Murray makes a good start and i'd say he needs to win the first set. If he serves the way he did in the Semi he has a real chance but Djok is a different prospect all together and he won't give Murray anywhere near as many free points as the pole did.

Djok 7-5,6-7,7-5,6-3

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Unlike your good self......

He's a tennis player. His job is to play tennis, not to tell jokes or to pull funny faces. Besides, anyone who think he is humourless should check out his response to the idiot in the press conference the other day who asked him that inane question about what would Fred Perry say to him about being in a Wimbledon final. It is because the press have stitched him up over things like that joke with Tim Henman about the World Cup that Murray is reticent about showing the more humorous side to his personality, for fear of it being twisted in a negative way.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
The last time I checked, Scotland was part of Great Britain, which automatically means that Andy Murray is British. That will remain that way until such times that Scottish people decide in a referendum to leave the union. I would be sceptical of that happening any time soon, however much the SNP's propaganda machine tries to convince people otherwise.

The people that are throwing out the 'Murray is Scottish not British' I trust were willing Sir Chris Hoy to lose in the Olympics last
year as well, were they?

Quite.
A lot of these types tend to be selective when it comes to jingoism. Rubbishing Murray because he isn't English and then supporting the British Lions. Declaring total non-interest in the England football team but avidly supporting their club team containing players of all nationalities. Watching and supporting the England cricket team, which has contained Scottish, Welsh and Irish players for years and as previously stated, going mad over the GB Olympic performances. Do they refuse to follow non-English boxers. Did they rubbish Joe Calzaghe because he wasn't English?
No they didn't. Sadly, they have allowed their ignorance and prejudice over one innocent and mis-reported remark to continue to ' punish ' Murray. Well my advice is.... go out for a long walk this afternoon....and if Murray wins and most of the country is celebrating and developing a feel-good factor, sit in a dark room, keep slagging him off and continue to wallow in your own pool of prejudice and ignorance.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
An hour to go here and the band ring out GOSBTS as their first song. Brilliant!

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
not really interested by tennis or Andy Murray but kind of hope he wins to piss off all the people who got taken in by him being stitched up by the Daily Mail.

Buckley's Mad Eye

Oct 27, 2012
Surely tennis fans would like to see the best player win? And patriots would want anyone but a Jock?

Tennis is a great game to play but its got to be the dullest sport at a professional level. Everything about it is boring even down to the people that watch it. It's the Coldplay of sports!
There's a first, I agree with you......but I have a feeling that I'm in the wrong somehow now.

Buckley's Mad Eye

Oct 27, 2012
not boring at all - same people who say golf or snooker is boring are just people who don't understand the finer points of the game
I appreciate the stamina, the power, the touch, the speed and athleticism.....and yet it just doesn't do it for me somehow. I've tried to like it, but it leaves me cold, which is strange as I'll quite happily watch any other sport. It'll be on in the background (has it started yet?) today, and I'll take notice of the result though.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Tight tennis players they didn't tip the old man who carried the bags out and he retiring today and they earn £2.400.000 for the game!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Is there something wrong with Andy's trainers?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here