Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray to Palace

Jukesy

Apr 13, 2011
*cough*cheats*cough*.

thanks for the congrats.

Just explaining how it works. Not agreeing with the principle.

Although many other clubs in the Champ are on the brink, the ten point deduction means more good money will be thrown after bad. We didn't have the option as we went becuase of one aggresive creditor who was owed £4million.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
A bit like when we went one nil down last night... I know this will work out fine... and it doesn't depend on what Murray does.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Can I just point out that this time we didn't put ourselves into administration as a way out, Agilo, whom we owed money to, put us into administration, despite the fact that Simon Jordan probably would have paid them back, they didn't want to wait. As it happens, they got less than had they waited, but it wasn't us, as it usually is with clubs in financial difficulties, who put ourselves in administration.

And it is not cheating, it is administration. We are not the only club to have done this, you know.

Simon Jordan 'probably' would have paid them back?

Probably. Oh right!

You may not be the only club to have gone into administration (most of the other clubs to have done it are dirty f***ing cheats too (Leicester especially), others just poorly run) but you have now done it twice.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Why on EARTH would he do that?

It's a sideways move at best, and quite possibly a move downwards, as the ownership and finances at Smellhurst have been rocky at best over teh last few years. They look like a team that will be scrambling around the bottom half of The Championship, while we will be sniffing around teh play-offs.

I really can't see this being true, but if it is, then good luck to you Glenn. You won't be the first to make a mistake leaving us, and you certainly won't be the last.

Sorry but this reminds me of the Swindon fans at the start of the season talking about Greer joining us

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
To be honest I wont be that bothered if Murray leaves. I would have been in previous seasons but I full trust in Poyet to find a similar if not better player. If Murray can't see the ambition this club has at the moment then he's a fool

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
If true, this would be an absolute f***ing disaster.

Strikers of Murray's all-round quality are few and far between outside The Premiership, and there are very few strikers like him about. I'd actually be happier to see Bennett go than Murray.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
You just don't do it Glenn

Millwall, Derby..... or anyone besides. No Brighton fan would begrudge you more money in your short career. The one and only exception is you do not join our sworn arch enemies Crystal Palace.

I know it is not the same for players as fans, but Glenn will know the history, the hatred, the rivalry and suggestions are, that 50 pieces of silver outweigh any considerations to our club, our fans and our shirt.

Football is tribal, players know that, you cannot wear our shirt for years and then just slip on a Palace shirt. It doesn't work that way for fans, and the same would happen if we signed Ambrose, there is no simply no escaping it. Sol Campbell did it, others have done it, so if you do Glenn I hope you enjoy the extra money and it buys you some happiness because you will be destroying every ounce of good will from us fans, destroying your bond with this club, destroying peoples memories of you. If you think thats still worth a few grand from Palace, do it. You will be zero in the eyes of many Albion fans, a Judas, hated, booed and jeered.

You could wear any other shirt except Palace in fans eyes and you will be fully aware of that Glenn, so you make your choices but don't complain when we tear you to pieces.

This club is bigger and better than you Mr Murray

Last edited:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Palace fan here.

Congrats, looking forward to next season.

This article is probably one of those ones started by his agent in an attempt to get the deal he wants at BHA - who knows.

As an aside and just so you know, the minute we came out of admin (July 10) we were debt free. That's how it works, the new owners buy the club and the deal includes a percentage to the creditors (1p in the £) who get paid immediately. Ours got the club and ground for approx £6milliion and start with no debt, no high earners hence making us one of the most financially stable clubs in the division - albeit without sugar-dady owners if you see what I mean?
As I said I was well aware of how it worked - and it's 'cheating'. But we're not going to agree so let's leave it there. And yes we're lucky to have a sugar daddy, but his largesse is part of our 'means' so consequently we're not living beyond our means and all our creditors get paid. Crap business model I agree but it's part of football - as is using Administration to make yourself a stable club.

questier

Apr 16, 2006
Cambridgeshire/Liverpool
IF this is true, then as much as I would be gutted to see a player of Glenn's calibre leave the club - if he's going for purely more money, let him go. We took a big gamble on him (300k was a hell of a lot of money for us to spend on anyone a few years ago,) and for a few seasons you could see there was quality in him, but we couldn't get enough goals out of him. It's only since Gus has come in, and turned him into a 20-goal-a-season striker. If he can do it with Murray, he can do it with Barnes/Hoskins/whoever comes in during the summer transfer window.

In Gus we trust

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here