Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray to Palace (merged threads)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yes it is a bit early to say if he will become a good manager. I think he will turn out to be a SPL manager (Rangers).
Not too ambitious then. By the time he goes it might even be a step down.
Really, then he did not follow that logic with Murray then ?
Although Palace were willing to pay a couple of grand a week more than we were prepared to pay, I don't think they were breaking the bank.
No doubt Murray is a championship striker. He just doesn't fit our style. Rumours that he has fallen out with Freedman.
Oh don't say that. You'll have this board dancing for joy. Is that really what you want?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Mendoza met him at the Albion players promotion party after the daggers game and confirmed that whilst a lovely bloke is rather shy and reserved.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
No doubt Murray is a championship striker. He just doesn't fit our style. Rumours that he has fallen out with Freedman.

Unproven at Championship level when you signed him , he did start off well but has since gone off the boil. Muzza is a "confidence" player and once he is in a bad patch goes all sulky and lethargic. His best performances in his time at Brighton came last season , probably down to having the motivation to earn a new contract. If he has fallen out with gaffer he will either put in a written transfer request or take it easy in the reserves until his contract expires.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Mendoza met him at the Albion players promotion party after the daggers game and confirmed that whilst a lovely bloke is rather shy and reserved.

I don't think you need to meet him to have determined that.

He is so softly spoken, and never came across as wanting to be part of the typical football lads action (whereas the likes of Bennett, Bridcutt, Elphick and so on lap it up). I always got the impression he's one of these people who just happened to be very good at football, without ever having to work at it like some guys do, and he does it because that's what he's good at, not because he's desperate to be loved or worshipped by fans.

I don't think he's miserable: he's probably a thoroughly nice bloke, he just doesn't want to shout from the rooftops like some footballers do, and prefers to stay out of the spotlight.

It is, however, good that he's not setting the world alight at Palace.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Can you stop posting EVIDENCE? It's ruining DKM's wild speculation about someone he's never met and knows nothing about personally.

Based on onfield persona, Carlos Tevez is a lovely, loyal, generous bloke.

:lol: noted, I shall return to posting my normal rubbish then :thumbsup:

That Murray, he's a bit of a cock so I've heard :dunce:

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
1. Not too ambitious then. By the time he goes it might even be a step down.

2. Although Palace were willing to pay a couple of grand a week more than we were prepared to pay, I don't think they were breaking the bank.

3. Oh don't say that. You'll have this board dancing for joy. Is that really what you want?

1. Rangers will come calling when AM gets sacked.

2. I doubt Murray is on anything north of 8k.

3. It will happen.

kemptown kid

Apr 17, 2011
What a thoroughly civilised thread!

Murray is pure class - but needs support and understanding a) from manager and b) from crowd. Languid running style, lack of fist pumping and inexpressive face does not make him lazy or uninterested. Non celebration when scoring at Amex pushed him even higher in my estimation. Good luck to him, just not against us please...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
1. Rangers will come calling when AM gets sacked.
Really? Well I guess you know more about these things than me.
2. I doubt Murray is on anything north of 8k.
I'm sure you're right.
3. It will happen.
I've already done a little shoulder shuffle.
What a thoroughly civilised thread!
It's a bit weird isn't it. Sensible Palace posters here until we lose our next game, then the rest will be back to laugh.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Can you stop posting EVIDENCE? It's ruining DKM's wild speculation about someone he's never met and knows nothing about personally.

Based on onfield persona, Carlos Tevez is a lovely, loyal, generous bloke.

You must knowTevez personally then - otherwise it could sound like you have made a view of what he is like from his football activities.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
To be fair - it is not based on what I have heard but from what I have seen. And it was a bit of a twat. And if Murray left the Albion for Palace to cross hisnew manager over training - then I rest my case.

Tbf the line before the one you quoted said "I'll go back to posting my usual rubbish" :lolol:

Glenns agent played brinkmanship with the Albion concerning his wages and unfortunately for the player the Albion called his bluff.

Murray didn't want to go to Palace and after visiting Palace he went back to the Albion and tried to get our final offer reinstated - but it was withdrawn and he was told to go.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Glenns agent played brinkmanship with the Albion concerning his wages and unfortunately for the player the Albion called his bluff.

Murray didn't want to go to Palace and after visiting Palace he went back to the Albion and tried to get our final offer reinstated - but it was withdrawn and he was told to go.
Where did you get this from? It doesn't sound too believable.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun

My son posted a similar story to this around the time Glenn signed for Palace, and was mocked on here. He got the info from an ex-Albion player.

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
Sorry mate, don't like to disagree with Palace fans on here (show of unity!)

But, he is perfectly happy at the minute, the reason he isn't being played is because Freedman doesn't believe a striker can play more than 16 games in a row which Murray did from October through to the end of December. Other than cup games, Murray hasn't really started since then as his form dipped towards the end of the 16 game run.

The plan is for Murray to re-charge his batteries while Easter starts. Murray will then come in with 12 or 13 games to go and give Easter a break and push on once Williams returns from his injury.

Maybe, our Brighton friends should take a look at Mackail-Smith who started off like a house on fire, but has faded since the tail end of 2011.

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey

Thankyou Phallus, that will be all!

philsussex

Dec 9, 2006
Good Old Sussex By the Sea

Sounds perfectly believable to me. We know Gus won't stand being held to ransom.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here