Murray to Palace (merged threads)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
Red'n'Blue - has Freedman done more than steadied the ship ? He came in at a good time and has imposed a bit of structure, and stopped the defence conceding. He may turn out to be a good manager - but it is a bit early to judge.

He didn't come in at a good time. Yes we had new owners, but we were in the bottom three having just lost to Millwall 3-0.

Yes has more then steadied the ship. One of the best defences in the league (stats).

Yes it is a bit early to say if he will become a good manager. I think he will turn out to be a SPL manager (Rangers).

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
Our chairman said the other day, that it is better to spend a little more on transfer fees then spend a little more on wages.

Really, then he did not follow that logic with Murray then ?, but I tend to agree with the logic, as long as you dont spend a lot on wages and transfer fees, then you are a Man City, or if you cant afford it a Pompey or dare I say it a Jordan run CP ?

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
I liked Murray - he was a classy player. But those people that said he was a bit of a twat did turn out to be correct.

No doubt Murray is a championship striker. He just doesn't fit our style. Rumours that he has fallen out with Freedman.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
He didn't come in at a good time. Yes we had new owners, but we were in the bottom three having just lost to Millwall 3-0.

Yes has more then steadied the ship. One of the best defences in the league (stats).

Yes it is a bit early to say if he will become a good manager. I think he will turn out to be a SPL manager (Rangers).

Good time as in there was money to bring in new players (we won't mention why) and also a couple of exceptional players coming through the ranks. I am not trying to do done what he has done - it just looks like he has done what you would expect from any competent manager (whilst noting there are many incompetent ones).

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
Really, then he did not follow that logic with Murray then ?, but I tend to agree with the logic, as long as you dont spend a lot on wages and transfer fees, then you are a Man City, or if you cant afford it a Pompey or dare I say it a Jordan run CP ?

TBF he and the rest of the owners are on a massive learning curve. All new to owning clubs. I think they know they have made a few mistakes.

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
Good time as in there was money to bring in new players (we won't mention why) and also a couple of exceptional players coming through the ranks. I am not trying to do done what he has done - it just looks like he has done what you would expect from any competent manager (whilst noting there are many incompetent ones).

Spent under a million which in this league is a tiny amount

Spot on. Dougie has done what i would have expected him to do. (The carling cup run was a bonus)

CPFC4Life7.

May 19, 2011
Red'n'Blue - has Freedman done more than steadied the ship ? He came in at a good time and has imposed a bit of structure, and stopped the defence conceding. He may turn out to be a good manager - but it is a bit early to judge.

Surely the first thing he needed to do was steady the ship? Think that's what this season has been. One of consolidation.

Next season, I fully believe we will push forward and give it a go.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Cant get in the team and has not scored since December.

Well worth his 200k a week wages.

:ffsparr:

I heard Glen is not happy with the training at Palace compared to the methods used by Gus at Brighton, he is a lovely bloke but very shy. I thought perhaps Gus had got the best football out of him but the few times I have seen you he has looked very good in patches.

He got an extra 2-4 grand a week with you than we were offering so nearly another 100K a year, not to be sniffed at especially at this part of his carear. He has had bad moments at all the club he has been at and it will be a test for Dougie and Palace to get him back on track. Something Gus did very well.

He is a good hard working footballer as we have all seen, just need to manage him right.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
He was the surprise player at my sons party at withdean 3 years ago, came across as a very nice bloke, was injured at the time :lol:

Can you stop posting EVIDENCE? It's ruining DKM's wild speculation about someone he's never met and knows nothing about personally.

Based on onfield persona, Carlos Tevez is a lovely, loyal, generous bloke.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Yup. That's what I've seen of him. Football is not very tolerant of quiet/thoughtful footballers.

If I'm being honest, he also comes across as rude and a bit of a twat because of this. Kind of an air of faux superiority....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports