Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray to Palace (merged threads)

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
You only have a medical once contract terms have been agreed, surely if that was the case it would be a done deal ?

I think they have..... or the Palace fans think they have agreed terms....... its just a case of Glenn mulling over his available options before putting his signature on one of 4 different contract offers

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
You only have a medical once contract terms have been agreed, surely if that was the case it would be a done deal ?

Why? Fail the medical and you pull out of the deal before getting bogged down in negotiations or uncover something in the medical could lead to less money or a shorter contract (Especially since Murray has pre existing injury and has previous problems)

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Why? Fail the medical and you pull out of the deal before getting bogged down in negotiations or uncover something in the medical could lead to less money or a shorter contract (Especially since Murray has pre existing injury and has previous problems)

You'd agree terms, have a medical, then sign?

Surely you wouldn't agree terms, have a medical and then go oh actually I'm going to look elsewhere ?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
mmm, fans on a message board, good sauce

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
You'd agree terms, have a medical, then sign?

Surely you wouldn't agree terms, have a medical and then go oh actually I'm going to look elsewhere ?

But results from a medical, especially when the player has a pre existing injury and previous, will effect the terms that the club are going to offer and the length of the contract. Would not be unheard of to have a medical and then finalise terms once the results are known

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Nobody really knows what's going on. If something was a done deal we should have heard by now.
I think Murray knows how we feel if he went to Palace, so may be just may be he is having second thoughts.

Unlikely that he is worried about what we feel.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Ostriches do NOT bury their heads in the sand.

This tale originates from the fact that the male ostrich will dig a large hole (up to 6 to 8 feet wide and 2 to 3 feet deep) in the sand for the nest / eggs. Predators cannot see the eggs across the countryside which gives the nest a bit of protection. The hen as well as the rooster takes turns setting on the eggs and because of the indention in the ground, usually just blend into the horizon. All birds turn their eggs (with their beak) several times a day during the incubation period. From a distance it appears as though the bird has his/her head in the sand.

since day 2 of this saga - this is the first thing I've learnt on this thread.

Thanks

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Has he gone yet?

*sigh*

I know - the last time I felt like this was when I was in Rome when the last pope died. We all knew he was going to go but it just seemed so undignified to keep hanging on with so many people watching.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
last time i felt like this was when i smashed my leg in a bike crash and was on so much morphine i didn't shit for over a week ........after the eighth day the nurses started threatening "intervention" and would pop their heads through the curtains as i hovered precariously above the bead pan trying like f*** to squeeze this annoying monkeys fist of a turd out...." IS IT OUT YET...??" they would cry. " NAAAAAAAAAAAAH" was my reply , had the whole ward in stitches , even poor old Mr .Ho who had been dead for three days with no-one realising......including his family. God i miss worthing.

Ken Newbury

Feb 6, 2006
1/2 mile from LDC country
I know - the last time I felt like this was when I was in Rome when the last pope died. We all knew he was going to go but it just seemed so undignified to keep hanging on with so many people watching.

Correct me if I'm wrong but did you not 'officially' announce the death of the pope to the Italians in the bar you were in at the time?

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach

I've not waded through all 41 pages of this thread, but it seems odd that only one geeky Journo from the Standard ran with this story. My gut feeling is that Murray will not sign anywhere until July, by which time this thread will be on about Page 350 and I won't be wading through it then either.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Correct me if I'm wrong but did you not 'officially' announce the death of the pope to the Italians in the bar you were in at the time?

Sure did - and to a load of american's too for good measure. Just goes to prove it's important to be looking at a window at just the moment when they turned the lights up and then dimmed them again, whilst supping a large vase of san giovese. Beat CNN by about 5 mins.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
I've not waded through all 41 pages of this thread, but it seems odd that only one geeky Journo from the Standard ran with this story. My gut feeling is that Murray will not sign anywhere until July, by which time this thread will be on about Page 350 and I won't be wading through it then either.

we also had it confirmed by our very own geeky journo walt jabsco

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
he's a goner....DEAL with it!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
This is dragging on a bit isn't it? Then again, he does have 'form' when it comes to protracted contract negotiations.
With any luck it's the same negotiator who's doing the Middle East problem

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here