Murray to Palace (merged threads)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Glad you started a thread on Murray - I've been searching for one for hours and couldn't find one :thumbsup:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Clearly Palace are offering silly money to be ahead of Millwall, Soton and god knows who else. Clearly not basing his decision of football

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Is it just me or is there something distasteful about footballers just wanting to play for whoever pays them the most?

I wouldn't have thought that there was a lot of difference in the amounts being offered to Murray and I am glad we are not succuming to what is in effect bribery, pitting clubs against each other to see who will pay the most. At least the Albion have principles even if Murray, or more likely his agent, doesn't.

Last season Calderon was made an offer, rejected it but eventually came back to accept it. Can't see this happening with Murray though.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Without wishing to sound bitter, I do think clubs should face some sort of embargo for a prolonged period once exiting administration. It is ridiculous that a club can write off millions and then go straight ahead and start spending again. Palace and financial prudence do not go hand in hand, so...

Good luck Glenn. Finally proved your worth over a whole season and helped us into the Championship.

Before anyone reaches for the razor blades and claims this is disastrous, let's see who we have lined up instead. Plus, remember that overextending ourselves to satisfy one player is a recipe for disaster.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
how we going to get players if we'll going to be priced out by other clubs and why would u wanna go to palace murray u mug and thanx for what youve done for us

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
how we going to get players if we'll going to be priced out by other clubs and why would u wanna go to palace murray u mug and thanx for what youve done for us

I don't think it's the fact that we can't afford what he's asked for, I think it's we WONT give him what he's asked for so therefore he's assessing other options but it looks like Palace have won the race.

Once one door shuts another opens.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What was wrong with the thread about Murray signing for Palace that is already on the board?

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
hope he gets another hernia

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
In the words of Jessie J "it ain't about the money".

Please Glenn don't go to Palace it won't help you progress your career.

Also he is of the quality of a £1m player, or that's what it would cost to replace him. Why do we not give him £500,000 as a signing on fee and keep him on sensible wages but make him sign a 4 year deal. That would be the equivalent to £2,500 extra per week. That way we have a striker and don't need to splash out on replacing him.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

We're not going to be priced out of every deal! It just so happened that the ball was firmly in Murray's court in this instance. A striker at his peak, free transfer and off the back of an excellent season. Hopefully, he will live to regret the decision, although I am sure the extra money will help him.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
In the words of Jessie J "it ain't about the money".

Please Glenn don't go to Palace it won't help you progress your career.

Also he is of the quality of a £1m player, or that's what it would cost to replace him. Why do we not give him £500,000 as a signing on fee and keep him on sensible wages but make him sign a 4 year deal. That would be the equivalent to £2,500 extra per week. That way we have a striker and don't need to splash out on replacing him.

Maybe, just maybe Gus has someone else in mind and does not feel Glenn is as good as the offer Palace are making him. Time will tell, but Poyet really doesn't appear to give a flying f*** imo, which is either a worry or a good thing. I'm not sure which at the moment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports