Murray to Palace (merged threads)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
First off, why dont all you Palace fans go & pat yourselves on the back on your own forum!
Secondly i'm sure Murray is an alright bloke but he could have gont to 90 other clubs for an extra grand or two a week, didn't have to be them!
Never mind i'm sure Gus has a great replacement in mind & here's hoping Murray is a complete flop at Palace.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
having beaten cardiff , norwich and leeds with what you all say is a crap team im not to worried that with a few more added to that crap we will have much to fear from you !

Haven't said Palace have a crap team. You seem to be attributing a lot of quotes to "all" of us and an invented BOGOF ST offer but nothing actually based in fact. As for beating Cardiff, Norwich and Leeds those would appear to be atypical results from a season where you again narrowly avoided relegation wouldn't they. Anyway, we don't have to speculate, we will see who is the better club next season.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
This season will be very different as we will learn from our mistakes and have much longer to strengthen our squad with finances being made available by our owners.

Palace are now debt-free and on a much sounder financial footing and Administration has made the club much stronger with a very exciting future.

Hmm, very nice to hear that Palace have learned from this mistakes, however bearing in mind you've short changed your creditors twice now forgive us for being sceptical. The only people who've learned from your mistakes are people like the St John's Ambulance not to mention many local firms some of whom you put out of business.

35yearstop2divs

May 16, 2011
No really, what 35yearstop2divswithoutwinningasinglething omitted to say was that it's buy one get seven free at Selhurst - hence the 12k crowds they manage there.

hang about won the championship and two play off finals in that time resulting in PREMIERSHIP football something im not sure you have sampled !

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
i'd be massively disappointed for murray to leave us, as i'm sure he will, as he's a fantastic player, if not a little enigmatic as he goes about his business.

Where he goes is neither here nor there for me. He's doing a job, trying to support his young family, and wants to try and secure their collective future. If he is settled where he is living, doesn't want to move home, and another local employer offers him a far more lucrative package he'd be a fool not to take it, wouldn't he? I know i bloody well would!

If he was albion through and through - another kerry mayo or similar - then perhaps palace would not be considered. But he's not - he's had several employers (or 'football clubs' as we call them) - and palace would just be another one.

If he goes, when he goes, wherever he goes, i'll wish him well - he's done pretty well for us.

this

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
In answer to your question some Palace players must already be on good contracts as they resisted the temptation of offers from Premiership clubs and signed extended contracts with Palace instead.

Speroni signed for another 3 years and so did Ambrose and Zaha.

History repeating again...... your tinpot club should by rights be out of business.......

Administration.jpg

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Palace are planning to move to a new 40,000 capacity stadium which surely shows the ambition of our new rich owners.

Please explain why you think you need a 40,000 seat stadium. Planning a ground share with Fulham in the future maybe? Or AFC Wimbledon when they get promoted? 40,000, thanks so much for that-I was having a so-so day but that has made me smile. Are you related to 10years2administrations?

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Where do Brighton fans get the idea that Palace have no money as our club owners are very rich Palace supporting millionaires.
They will not just splash the cash for the sake of it, but that does not mean that funds will not be made available for the right players.

The main reason we struggled last season was that key players missed half of the season due to injury namely Ambrose and Danns who had scored over half of our goals the previous season.

Our Administration meant that we were not able to sign any players until the eve of the new season as we were still under a transfer embargo and we were forced to play a very in-experienced side with an average age of about 22 and many were drafted in from our outstanding Academy much earlier than could be expected under normal circumstances.

This season will be very different as we will learn from our mistakes and have much longer to strengthen our squad with finances being made available by our owners.

Palace are now debt-free and on a much sounder financial footing and Administration has made the club much stronger with a very exciting future.

Our amazing support has won plaudits from visiting fans and away from home many other clubs have sung our praises for our vociferous support and non-stop singing at matches.

We are so grateful at the way things have turned out since our CPFC 2010 Consortium saved us from extinction and now have a future to look forward to.

It is good to renew our rivalry and gives an extra spice to the new season.

Your owners are personally very rich, but they only purchased the club to save them because their were no other takers and have stated should anyone else come along they would sell.
They have also stated that the club must run within it's own means and last season must have been a disaster, because they honoured season tickets already sold, so that meant a large amount of your gates last season went in for free.
You have only sold this season in the region of 7k season tickets, so there must still be a very limited amount of money available for transfers.
Then you have either to rebuild the main stand within the next couple of years or get the new ground, either will put a further strain on the income.
So I don’t think the immediate future is all that rosy.

Hdeagle

May 17, 2011
Brighton fans are welcome to banter on our boards at Holmesdale Online and CPFC BBS as we have sections for Away Fans to post.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Brighton fans are welcome to banter on our boards at Holmesdale Online and CPFC BBS as we have sections for Away Fans to post.
Always seems a bit sad and pathetic joining another teams board to me, although obviously I'm glad some do on here.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Are you related to 10years2administrations?

thinking he'd be clever and make a few quid he even bought the domain

http://www.10years3administrations.com.....

only now does he realise the club wont have the money to buy it after they build their new white elephant........

Glimpse into the future....... Palaces new ground on a good day (double the average attendance). Shame there's no pitch or players because they're bankrupt

palace-fan-006.jpg

Hdeagle

May 17, 2011
Palace's home record was the 4th best in the Championship and there is a real belief in our future under our new owners.

There are a lot of good sides in the Championship and it is very different from League One and far more competitive as Brighton will find out.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I'd be massively disappointed for Murray to leave us, as I'm sure he will, as he's a fantastic player, if not a little enigmatic as he goes about his business.

Where he goes is neither here nor there for me. He's doing a job, trying to support his young family, and wants to try and secure their collective future. If he is settled where he is living, doesn't want to move home, and another local employer offers him a far more lucrative package he'd be a fool not to take it, wouldn't he? I know I bloody well would!

If he was Albion through and through - another Kerry Mayo or similar - then perhaps Palace would not be considered. But he's not - he's had several employers (or 'football clubs' as we call them) - and Palace would just be another one.

If he goes, when he goes, wherever he goes, I'll wish him well - he's done pretty well for us.

And you can stop with this being reasonable lark!

It may sound strange but money isn't everything and in the past I (and I'm sure many others) have turned down jobs that have offered on the face of it, immediate financial benefits. Other 'hygiene' factors include location, travel, the future potential of the role (in some cases promotion to a higher grade or future promotion potential) the new colleagues, boss, what I may learn in the role, likelihood of additional stress from the role etc etc etc

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Palace's home record was the 4th best in the Championship and there is a real belief in our future under our new owners.

There are a lot of good sides in the Championship and it is very different from League One and far more competitive as Brighton will find out.

There's real belief at the Vatican, doesn't mean they'll do sod all in the Championship.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
hang about won the championship and two play off finals in that time resulting in PREMIERSHIP football something im not sure you have sampled !

Like Pompey, Leeds and Leicester your did it with money you didn't have and stiffed a load of ordinary people. Only you stiffed them twice. Not sure I'd be quite so proud about it myself

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
having beaten cardiff , norwich and leeds with what you all say is a crap team im not to worried that with a few more added to that crap we will have much to fear from you !

Yeah! Three wins! Whoop whoop!

What about the 22 defeats? The 69 goals conceded? The season long relegation battle(again)? Yep, you're one helluva team that's for sure...

When's your next spell in administration due?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports