Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray to Palace (merged threads)

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Murray will be shit for you, he was shit for us when we had a crap team. He relies on a good team around him. He'll be the blame factor every tme you lose, you watch. It' exactly what he used to get from us when we just survived relegation. He's not a match winner he just adds that bit of extra class to teams who dominate games. You lot are going to find him very frustrating.

That's just shite, isn't it? He was the shining light of the despressing seasons we had scrapping at the bottom of league one.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I honestly think he'll do a leon knight if he moves there. His personality will piss the fans off and he'll be playing for Northampton before he knows it!

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
I thought palace were trying to get vaughan on a permanant. Anyway they dont seem to be the paupers many on here seem to think they are. I've got a palace acquaintance (who always seems to know a bit more the your average fan) that reckons survival last season was the key to the board investing next season, he says the takeover came too late for them to spend last summer but are prepared to loosen the purse strings this year & expect a reasonable season (though for them that means finishing around 15th).If Murray wants to join palace who cares, to me he'll be just another ex-brighton player that only bothers my thoughts twice a season.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Would just like to point out that if this is true then he is negotiating with Palace, the same as he is negotiating with us. Agents, by their very nature, like to have something else to go to war with. He (Bowry), has already leaked the Palace link weeks ago so this isn't a huge surprise is it? The problem they will create for themselves is that Gus has already made it clear that chucking Palace into the mix is not the wisest move in the circumstances so he may now just lose patience. As I mentioned on a previous thread on the topic to the chap who said Glenn doesn't want the attention, this is not the way to achieve that. Still hope he stays but will rely on Gus and Tony to do the right thing, either way.

I agree and for some reason this reminds me of the Calderon situation. Will we win, will they win? Who knows?

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
anyone but Palace!! Oh well he is going to make Scott McGleish look popular

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Murray will be shit for you, he was shit for us when we had a crap team. He relies on a good team around him. He'll be the blame factor every tme you lose, you watch. It' exactly what he used to get from us when we just survived relegation. He's not a match winner he just adds that bit of extra class to teams who dominate games. You lot are going to find him very frustrating.

Sorry but that's rubbish. We all know Murray hasn't been happy at BHA by handing in a couple of transfer requests and with an ongoing hernia problem. To say he needs good players around him or he looks poor is tripe.

Not a match winner? You are joking? What about the goals against Tranmere,Swindon etc? Murray is perfectly capable of pulling a goal out of the blue. There's no point in being bitter,He will be a hard player to replace with his all round game and his defending qualities.

Nov 20, 2003
hove
gus dosnt love Him

As always im not going to name my (sauce no its not daddies ect ) Here goes ,Murry want a extra 2k than what we are offering TB and board seem happy with this but Gus is in charge of players and unlike DK TB wil not interfere with what Gus wants to do ,there is not love between gus and glen as gus does not see him as a team player.Glen is just a quite lad who keeps himself to himself and is not that botherd about going out and team bonding ect.IF THAT IS HIS NATURE YOU CANT CHANGE PEOPLE TO WHAT THEY ARE NOT,all I see when he is playing in the stripes is a guy who give his all to score goals and defend well at set pieces .GUS PLEASE SORT IT WE ALL KNOW YOU ARE A GREAT MANAGER

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
He's one player and one player alone, lets not forget that.

Slightly worryingly It does now mean we have to re-new our entire forward line as for me Barnes isnt a starter, but what Poyet has achieved here in 18 months is quite remarkable, so I trust him in whatever he decides.

If Poyet and Bloom think Murray isnt worth more than X amount then I personally back them. I want success at my football club but I dont want us to turn into a club full of greedy footballers who are only here for the money and I get the impression that Murray would only be here for the money and not the fact he feels anything for us.

Maybe i'm a romantic when it comes to players and loyalty which we know there isnt any, but we shouldnt forget he's not a brighton lad, he's not worshipped by our fans and theres always been a love hate relationship and if any of us could get an extra 30% on our wages we'd proberly go.

I like Murray a lot, he brings a lot to the team and not just goals but I do have concerns over whether he could score more than 10-15 at the higher level and I do not think he will make the step up as easy as say Grant Holt but time will tell on this.

Good luck Glenn if you do go, but surely you could have gone somewhere better thats not only a step up money wise but also a step forward career wise.

Your bank balance will be healthier but your career in my mind will now drift and hopefully get loaned out to some random northern outfit in league one within 12 months due to not cutting it in a poor palace side.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
I'd be sad to see him go but i've thought from minute one when this whole Murray situation arose Gus had something up his sleeve which will be revealed if/when Glenn goes.

As for the hating him & luzzing things at him. As long as he doesn't lord it in front of us telling us to f*** off i'll have no reason to treat him any differently to any other former Brighton player.

hastings

Jan 15, 2010
Suffolk
Not often you see this. Unrelated to thread other than Palarse but...

Hull are close to pipping Wolves to the capture of Crystal Palace midfielder Neil Danns.

Wolves boss Mick McCarthy is desperate to land the 28-year-old midfielder, who is now out of contract.

But Danns is interested in taking up Hull's lucrative offer of leading them back to the Premier League next term.

Tigers manager Nigel Pearson has a sizeable war chest following the takeover by multi-millionaire businessman Assem Allam.

Championship sides Leeds and Leicester are also keen on Danns but are unable to compete with the wages on offer elsewhere.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
As always im not going to name my (sauce no its not daddies ect ) Here goes ,Murry want a extra 2k than what we are offering TB and board seem happy with this but Gus is in charge of players and unlike DK TB wil not interfere with what Gus wants to do ,there is not love between gus and glen as gus does not see him as a team player.Glen is just a quite lad who keeps himself to himself and is not that botherd about going out and team bonding ect.IF THAT IS HIS NATURE YOU CANT CHANGE PEOPLE TO WHAT THEY ARE NOT,all I see when he is playing in the stripes is a guy who give his all to score goals and defend well at set pieces .GUS PLEASE SORT IT WE ALL KNOW YOU ARE A GREAT MANAGER

My sauce, who works for the club, said that we had offered a good pay rise, but Murray wanted to quadruple his wages which the board wouldn't sanction because it went way above the wage cap. Why blame Poyet when he has already said in interviews that Murray wants lots more money?

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
That's just shite, isn't it? He was the shining light of the despressing seasons we had scrapping at the bottom of league one.

Nope! he really wasn't our shining light, I think you'll find it was when we had Owusu and Gary Hart upfront when things started to change.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I honestly think he'll do a leon knight if he moves there. His personality will piss the fans off and he'll be playing for Northampton before he knows it!

I can't think of two players more diametrically opposite in personality. Knight always thought he was bigger than the club in my view. Murray just came over on interviews I've seen as a level-headed guy who has a life outside football. also like I posted elsewhere a bit Cantona-like in his defensive skills, that is priceless. Especially when you've got Paddy McCarthy regularly bollocking things up in your backline...

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
Sorry but that's rubbish. We all know Murray hasn't been happy at BHA by handing in a couple of transfer requests and with an ongoing hernia problem. To say he needs good players around him or he looks poor is tripe.

Not a match winner? You are joking? What about the goals against Tranmere,Swindon etc? Murray is perfectly capable of pulling a goal out of the blue. There's no point in being bitter,He will be a hard player to replace with his all round game and his defending qualities.

Dont get me wrong, I've rated him very highly this season but from my memories I can't name you one game where Murray has tured a game around on his own. He dosen't have the attitude to do this, thats why Rochdale and myself labbelled him a confidence player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here