[Football] Murray to Forest?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
No way Murray would be let go without a replacement. That's a fact.

I still believe he picked up a knock though

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I would have thought it suggests that he is at a higher risk of injuring his knee compared to someone who hasn't significantly injured their knee before?

For the first few years yes, then no - no increased risk. 15 or 20 years ago when you took a bit of hamstring out of the leg to replace the ACL players would usually suffer a lot of injuries throughout their careers, but these days you either go artificial or more commonly with another string in the knee (which, unlike your hamstring, grows back) and you'll generally be fine.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It doesn't work like that.

Glenn would stay on 45K a week paid by Albion. Forest would make Albion a monthly payment ( as well as an overall loan fee ) which may or may not cover the 45K per week.

I was suggesting that he wouldnt want to go to Forest on a permanent move for less and wouldn't be interested in a loan which means him living away all week, even with an option to buy at the end of the loan so the answer is stay with us sit on the bench and pick up his £750k before deciding whether to hang up his boots in May.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
how would he get a work permit , Percy Tau Mk 2 ?

I’d assume the fact he’s been playing in Europe for years and is being chased by Celtic, Bournemouth & Southampton means he’d qualify... somehow. We seem to be the only club who sign players who can’t play in the country.

No thank you

Not a fan? Know he had a short spell in Sweden.

Fits the profile of what we’re after down to a tee though. Fast, tall, can play in more than one position, young, relatively cheap & tricky. 15 goals and 4 assists in 17 games this year says he’s added end product too.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Wouldn't Bournemouth be a logical alternative? I mean they recalled Surridge from Swansea because they have no strikers, but that boy is at best Championship level.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am not convinced about the injury story, but then I am a doubting Thomas, but I do believe that he wont go until we have a replacement or somebody recalled.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Wouldn't Bournemouth be a logical alternative? I mean they recalled Surridge from Swansea because they have no strikers, but that boy is at best Championship level.

Who Murray ? Already been there and didn’t get on with Howe

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Not a chance. Murray hated his last spell there, and had 'differences of opinion' with Eddie Howe.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Not sure how likely this would be. Link talks about him being a 'backup striker'. Why would he leave our bench and travel all the way up to Scotland, just to sit on their bench? Surely Murray's main consideration is game time?

In possibly his last half-season before retirement with his legs almost gone? Doubt it somehow

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Not sure how likely this would be. Link talks about him being a 'backup striker'. Why would he leave our bench and travel all the way up to Scotland, just to sit on their bench? Surely Murray's main consideration is game time?

How many other opportunities will he get to celebrate a league title before his career is over?

Celtic would be great for him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports