Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Murray to Forest?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Why would you doubt that? We cannot go the remainder of the season with maupay and an inexperienced Connolly

There will be very few strikers worth buying in the January window, and any that are will be feted by other clubs, and as such they will be priced way out of our bracket.

We will make do until the summer l think, when more options will be available to us, and at sensible prices. As others have said we will raid the Development Squad if we have to.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I can't see him wanting to go somewhere that...

a) Is not commutable from Brighton.
b) Takes him further away from London and his burgeoning media career.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I can't see the club letting Glenn go anywhere until we have at least one in as cover.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Can't see Glenn wanting to move away from Brighton he has lived here for 10 years and is well settled, so only London, clubs and possibly Reading would suit him.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
When Murray left us, he had offers from Millwall and Palace. He then went to Bournemouth. All three fairly commutable from Brighton.
I don't think Nottingham is commutable and I doubt he will move there (as in house) because of his family.

Doubt he'd move lock, stock and barrel but 4 months commuting weekly to get some football might be attractive to him.............
I can't see him figuring in Potter's plans much at all. We'll either recall or be buying someone I reckon. He's earned the right to choose to do what he wants.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
There has to be something in this.

Murray would still be one of the best (if not the best) finishers in the Championship, a chance to become a legend at a club with two European Cups by shooting them to the Premier League or a struggle to make a Premier League squad week in and week out?

He wouldn’t be the best.

Mitrovic amongst others are better players

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I never understand the notion why moving to another country (let alone another county) is made into such a big deal?

It's even more bizarre when you're as well paid as professional footballers are. It's really not such a big deal and plenty of people do it.

You don't think moving countries is a big deal? :lolol:

When did you last do it?

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
He could be thinking this is his last season and maybe he just wants to play as much as possible. For the next 5 months living part time in Nottingham isn't the end of the world and getting to London from there is an easy train ride.

He's probably looking at his situation and realising he isn't going to break the goal record here so why not one last gig somewhere else and carry on playing until the end of this season or next. Would be a shame to see him go but couldn't blame him at all.

As for us bringing in another striker, pretty sure I saw Michael Owen at Peas Pottage petrol station yesterday so is probably down having a medical.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

When did you last do it?

I've got loads of staff that do/have done it - it's pretty much routine. Like them, for a footballer things will be made very simple too - accommodation, removals, tax returns, schools etc etc all taken care of (as it is in this country anyway by 'player liaison officers'......for any that want to do it it's not that dramatic.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

When did you last do it?

Moving is a big deal - but it's a lot easier if you've got pots of money, enough for instance to rent or buy a second home without having to completely uproot from your 'main' home.
Kids at school is a big consideration though.

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
There will be very few strikers worth buying in the January window, and any that are will be feted by other clubs, and as such they will be priced way out of our bracket.

We will make do until the summer l think, when more options will be available to us, and at sensible prices. As others have said we will raid the Development Squad if we have to.

We cannot go the remainder of the season with no premier league experience mate if glen goes will need to get at least a loan giroud type but if maupay gets crocked to leave just a 19yr old to get our goals would be a grave mistake

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We cannot go the remainder of the season with no premier league experience mate if glen goes will need to get at least a loan giroud type but if maupay gets crocked to leave just a 19yr old to get our goals would be a grave mistake

We'd just have to rely on the nine others (or strictly speaking, seven, since the DJ and the psycho have departed) who have already scored for us this season to carry on chipping in, eh? Don't think we'll panic-buy a striker in the January window - we did that two years ago. That went well ...............................

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Forest have several league games still to play this season, I believe. If they want him on loan, they're seriously going to bother if he's cup tied or not? They might not even be in it by the end of January.

Yeah that's what I meant

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
He will retire at some point in the near future so may well take an opportunity for a loan stint. I myself shall wish him all the best and hope he can bring some joy to another set of supporters by scoring goals.

From a BHA point of view I would think a replacement would be sought for the remainder of the season either a new signing or a loan. I'm sure we have potential signings we are looking at that could be tempted but may come at an inflated price, there are a few loan options that could be considered.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I never understand the notion why moving to another country (let alone another county) is made into such a big deal?

It's even more bizarre when you're as well paid as professional footballers are. It's really not such a big deal and plenty of people do it.

His first marriage broke up because his northern wife didn't like living here. He then married a Brighton woman.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
He could be thinking this is his last season and maybe he just wants to play as much as possible. For the next 5 months living part time in Nottingham isn't the end of the world and getting to London from there is an easy train ride.

He's probably looking at his situation and realising he isn't going to break the goal record here so why not one last gig somewhere else and carry on playing until the end of this season or next. Would be a shame to see him go but couldn't blame him at all.

As for us bringing in another striker, pretty sure I saw Michael Owen at Peas Pottage petrol station yesterday so is probably down having a medical.

I think Glenn is at the time in his career where he is getting ready to transition to whatever is next.
He's got 2 clubs promoted from the championship and proved himself to be a top quality finisher in the Prem.
Nothing to prove to anyone by dropping down a level. IMO.

And who knows if he bags a couple of goals in the cup, and gets us on a decent run, he might get the last hurrah with us that he so richly deserves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here