Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Murray to Bournemouth?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Indeed. Just like the shouts of disappointment when he ruptured his anterior cruciate ligament.
You're letting yourself down with comments like that. When Murray went down, he claimed he'd been fouled. He didn't realise no one had touched him. As soon as we realised he was injured, the large majority of us were respectful.

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
You're letting yourself down with comments like that. When Murray went down, he claimed he'd been fouled. He didn't realise no one had touched him. As soon as we realised he was injured, the large majority of us were respectful.

On reflection, I think you are right. It really is all water under the bridge now and I shouldn't have made that jibe.

My apologies for any offence caused or bad memories stirred up.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
On reflection, I think you are right. It really is all water under the bridge now and I shouldn't have made that jibe.

My apologies for any offence caused
You're just another ****ing Palace... sorry, wait, what? :eek:

Oh, er, yeah ok, no worries,

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Palace fans. If our experience is anything to go by, he likes you so much that, when he cheats to win a penalty against you for Bournemouth, he won't celebrate the resulting goal.

I think the only reason he didn't celebrate scoring against us was because he didn't want any trouble in town.

That letter says it all for me. Describing the atmosphere up there as second to none leaves you in no doubt where his loyalties lie.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Not sure why we should be angry or pizzed off. He did his bit for us, we didn't offer him as much as Palarse did. Our fault not his, we could be pocketing 4 mill (and had his services) if we'd been smarter.
Two months ago I'd have been disappointed at not being able to tempt him back. But with our recent acquisitions and strength of squad glad we kept our money in the bank. He's getting on, and in four years time I doubt he'll be playing Prem footy. We on the other hand have a number of useful and young players on good contracts, the future is blue, white and rosy.....finally. :)

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
There are no clauses in players contracts that stop them playing at previous clubs.

That wasn't a lack of respect at all, just disappointment he'd scored against us.

I thought there have been a number of cases where players have been prevented from appearing against former clubs, I think that's not just a condition of loan signings. Are you saying that such a condition is illegal?

"FFS" was moe than "disappointment " mate, it was expression bordering on an accusation of betrayal. Considering the vilification you gave him when he signed (severed head etc.) and the fact he didn't salute you in an inappropriate manner, I think your FFS was well OTT.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I know this won't be a popular point of view, but one day I really REALLY hope Palace spend a lot of money on a much needed former-Albion hero, and he turns out to be complete and utter gash for them. Sort of a playing version of Alan Mullery, if you will.

Well we HAD a playing colleague of Alan Mullery who shafted us..twice. I have seen the terms of Venshite's management contract for Palace in 1998, it was grotesque. The bloke just took the club to the cleaners, after ratting on us back in 1980 just when we were "The Team of the '80'S..":ffsparr:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I thought there have been a number of cases where players have been prevented from appearing against former clubs, I think that's not just a condition of loan signings. Are you saying that such a condition is illegal?
I believe so.

"FFS" was moe than "disappointment " mate, it was expression bordering on an accusation of betrayal.
Of course it's not betrayal. He was a Palace player. We were winning the game and then started playing poorly and the game was going against us, so the fans were fed up. It wasn't an angry 'F*** off Murray you ****' or anything, it was more of an 'oh bloody hell'.

Considering the vilification you gave him when he signed (severed head etc.) and the fact he didn't salute you in an inappropriate manner
What? You're either fishing, or being an idiot. I've no idea what you're talking about re saluting us, and not that many fans vilified him.
I think your FFS was well OTT.
Again, fishing or stupid.

Selective loss of memory mate, proven fact that we forget the things we WANT TO.
Stupid it is then.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Selling a 32 year old back up player you'd signed on a free in a division below for £5million makes nothing but sense. I don't think the Wickham deal has any relevance at all, I'd look at them as completely separate transactions. Jedinak is all elbows and lingering studs, I wouldn't be too worried about moving him on considering who they've signed. A team can't stay the same forever, they need to evolve.

Bolasie I simply don't like. He is a chaos merchant, which is fine and as you say, he has an X Factor. But as you all may have spotted, that isn't the type of player I generally like and I'm not a big fan of Bolasie, and think in Sako they've probably got a better player. Bank the £20million and get yourself a quality footballer in.

When I watch Sunderland, Aston Villa, Watford and Norwich - I think they've got a damn fine chance.

This. I certainly hope Grotford go back down, and Reg Dwight has another big cry.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I believe so.

Of course it's not betrayal. He was a Palace player. We were winning the game and then started playing poorly and the game was going against us, so the fans were fed up. It wasn't an angry 'F*** off Murray you ****' or anything, it was more of an 'oh bloody hell'.

What? You're either fishing, or being an idiot. I've no idea what you're talking about re saluting us, and not that many fans vilified him.
Again, fishing or stupid.

Stupid it is then.

I was stupid enough to keep a cutting of the "Argus" from 2011, where someone claimed Bobby Z had received threats from Albion supporters whilst at West Ham, when there was talk of his going to Selhurst.

And I certainly remember seeing a paste-up on here of Greer holding Murray's severed head. But of course I'm sure your memory's got a "stupidity" filter.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I was stupid enough to keep a cutting of the "Argus" from 2011, where someone claimed Bobby Z had received threats from Albion supporters whilst at West Ham, when there was talk of his going to Selhurst.
So not verified, possibly completely made up. And if not, then maybe a threat from one deranged person. Cool story bro.

And I certainly remember seeing a paste-up on here of Greer holding Murray's severed head. But of course I'm sure your memory's got a "stupidity" filter.
I do remember you, yes. So one person has made a joke photo. Another cool story.

So we're up to a total of one joke from one person. I don't see how that means I vilified GM when he joined you. And I don't see how that has relevance to a different person who was fed up when you scored a goal against us.

cunningplan

Apr 1, 2011
Sussex Coast
I think with Murray's move to Bournemouth, we can final exorcise the spectre.
Strangely, I think the process began with signing a true Albion legend - Bobby Zamora!
Good bye and good luck Glenn Murray.... we have finally moved on!

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
I think with Murray's move to Bournemouth, we can final exorcise the spectre.
Strangely, I think the process began with signing a true Albion legend - Bobby Zamora!
Good bye and good luck Glenn Murray.... we have finally moved on!

BZ is 34 and a half. In 2 years he'll be finnish. GM is just about to turn 32. Maybe in a year he might be available again or at least not a first choice forward for the mouth and we might be looking for a forward.

cunningplan

Apr 1, 2011
Sussex Coast
Murray will never be an Albion player again. Get used to it. BZ's arrival is more to do with raising morale rather than playing - which Murray's return would never do - nor would he take us forward by his performances!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

2011? He'd been at Fulham for three years then, so why would someone make a claim three years later? Unless it was a rumour or similar.

There wasn't any villification as you put it. There were fans back in 2008, who were upset with Murray for putting in a transfer request.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Murray will never be an Albion player again. Get used to it. BZ's arrival is more to do with raising morale rather than playing - which Murray's return would never do - nor would he take us forward by his performances!

He's very unlikely to be an Albion player again but it's too early to say 'never'. Having just been signed by Mouth inevitably people won't be thinking about him coming back but you can't be 100% sure they won't speculate again in say a year or maybe whenever his contract starts to run out.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'd say there is a slim chance we'll try to sign Murray next summer, if Bournemouth go down, but that'll be the last possibility as he'll be too old for us after that given the amount of long term injuries he's already had.

He doesn't have the 'hero status' of Zamora to even make it worth considering after next summer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here