Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Murray to Bournemouth?

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Good, I hope they lose Bolasie as well

I wouldn't say selling Bolasie and Murray were comparable. Murray won't get much first team action and he's 32, so letting him go for £5m is just prudent business and a bit of squad trimming. Bolasie is a vital first team player who would be going for a fee in excess of £20m.

I expect we'll see Jedinak, Murray and hopefully a couple more leave tomorrow. We'll probably bring another one as well.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Murray did a good job for us and a good job for Palace. He's a thoroughly decent bloke and I would only ever wish him the best. The fact that he's going for £5m is just a sad reflection of the vastly over inflated transfer fees that have come about off the back of the latest TV deal. That makes me sick a million times more than Murray playing for either Palace or Bournemouth.

cunningplan

Apr 1, 2011
Sussex Coast
Totally ambivalent towards Murray..... He did the right thing for himself and I can't blame him for that (but don't applaud him either).
Totally uninterested in Crystal Palace.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Another bit of excellent business by Palace to be fair. Flog Bolasie for anything like £20million and they'll be laughing.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
A valuable asset we failed to act on. Simple as that. Many of us said at the time and have continued to say so. We spent big on a misfit instead. History.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Another bit of excellent business by Palace to be fair. Flog Bolasie for anything like £20million and they'll be laughing.

Im not so sure... selling Murray for 5 mill makes sense when u look it, but replacing with wickham for twice as much ?.... its certainly not improving the side... not in my opinion anyway.

Selling Jedinak too....risky...he is the heartbeat of palace when he plays

And Bolasie... he has X factor much like Kaz for us, sometimes without end product but gets the crowd going, losing that is not easy too replace even with a dollop of cash

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Can we just let this thread slide into obscurity where it belongs and concentrate on our transfers? Thank you.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Does anyone think that Bournemouth can stay up for longer than one season?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Im not so sure... selling Murray for 5 mill makes sense when u look it, but replacing with wickham for twice as much ?.... its certainly not improving the side... not in my opinion anyway.

Selling Jedinak too....risky...he is the heartbeat of palace when he plays

And Bolasie... he has X factor much like Kaz for us, sometimes without end product but gets the crowd going, losing that is not easy too replace even with a dollop of cash

Selling a 32 year old back up player you'd signed on a free in a division below for £5million makes nothing but sense. I don't think the Wickham deal has any relevance at all, I'd look at them as completely separate transactions. Jedinak is all elbows and lingering studs, I wouldn't be too worried about moving him on considering who they've signed. A team can't stay the same forever, they need to evolve.

Bolasie I simply don't like. He is a chaos merchant, which is fine and as you say, he has an X Factor. But as you all may have spotted, that isn't the type of player I generally like and I'm not a big fan of Bolasie, and think in Sako they've probably got a better player. Bank the £20million and get yourself a quality footballer in.

Does anyone think that Bournemouth can stay up for longer than one season?

When I watch Sunderland, Aston Villa, Watford and Norwich - I think they've got a damn fine chance.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Ulloa being lined up as Glenn's replacement.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here