Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray scores AGAIN for Reading ... number 5

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Do we know that we didn't ask? There's always the possibility that he didn't/wouldn't want to come here regardless of whether we were interested or not.

Either way, it's not exactly something the club should be provide an 'answer' to, he's not here, that's all there is to it.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Lets dispel some myths.

He wanted out every summer. Errr at the time the bird that he was with wanted to move back oop north. However since then he has a new family and happily resides in brighton and has done for nearly five yrs now.

TB will never want him back. It was TB who asked Gus if murray was worth the extra. Poyet said no. We also lined up muzza as a swop for will hoskins prior to murray scoring 30 goals and prior to hoskins getting injured (again). This hardly sounds like never.

valuation? What valuation. He is on loan short term. No risk. Palace would contribute some of the wages anyway.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I think in this case it doesn't matter that he is an ex Albion player. He was an available (on loan) proven championship striker who possesses a multitude of skills that our current strike force do not. We missed out. Again.

Exactly. He's a proven goal scorer who offers skills that our current strikers do not.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Would you mind just checking for us how many games Reading have won in that period? Cheers.

They are on a poor run. I know that. Irrelevant. He has scored goals. We have strikers who have not been scoring goals (until last Saturday). Ergo he's exactly the kind of player we need.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Lets dispel some myths.

He wanted out every summer. Errr at the time the bird that he was with wanted to move back oop north. However since then he has a new family and happily resides in brighton and has done for nearly five yrs now.

TB will never want him back. It was TB who asked Gus if murray was worth the extra. Poyet said no. We also lined up muzza as a swop for will hoskins prior to murray scoring 30 goals and prior to hoskins getting injured (again). This hardly sounds like never.

valuation? What valuation. He is on loan short term. No risk. Palace would contribute some of the wages anyway.

This. From Murray's point of view he lives in Hollingbury, practically a loan move would have been perfect for him and his family.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
This. From Murray's point of view he lives in Hollingbury, practically a loan move would have been perfect for him and his family.

Maybe he didn't want the hassle of playing for Brighton again.

ForestRowSeagull

Jan 6, 2011
Now Brixton
He is on a LOT of money at Reading, far more than we pay any player and more than he is on at CPFC. Reading have offered to double this wage if they get promoted (unlikely I know) if the deal were to become permanent - which is expected. The club didn't 'miss out', we simply don't pay those sort of wages.

He is on a LOT of money at Reading, far more than we pay any player and more than he is on at CPFC. Reading have offered to double this wage if they get promoted (unlikely I know) if the deal were to become permanent - which is expected. The club didn't 'miss out', we simply don't pay those sort of wages.

I thought he'd go back to Brighton one day but it seems as always it was down to money,
Many on Nsc didn't want him back anyway because he's a Palace legend, I suppose you see him as damaged goods despite him getting you out of L1 almost single handedly! if you had him during that championship season he joined us it would be BHA in the prem and not us pure and simple.

I want him back asap despite his apparent lack of pace he's still quality and I reckon could still score regularly in the Prem so would happily take him back now.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
1: Didn't clap the fans at Brentford
2: Northern
3: Only scores goals in final year of contract.
4: Didn't clap the fans at Brentford
5: Too many red cards
6: Three written transfer requests
7: Scored against us for Palace at the Amex and didn't clap the fans afterwards
8: Odd goal celebration
9: Didn't clap the fans at Brentford
10: Loves money more than a bunch of people he's never met on the Internet.

How many more reasons do you need to know this JUDAS should never wear the hallowed blue and white striped shirt again?

ForestRowSeagull

Jan 6, 2011
Now Brixton
I thought he'd go back to Brighton one day but it seems as always it was down to money,
Many on Nsc didn't want him back anyway because he's a Palace legend, I suppose you see him as damaged goods despite him getting you out of L1 almost single handedly! if you had him during that championship season he joined us it would be BHA in the prem and not us pure and simple.

I want him back asap despite his apparent lack of pace he's still quality and I reckon could still score regularly in the Prem so would happily take him back now.

I would definitely have taken him back, you cannot blame him for moving to Palace when he did. From what I gather he wasn't overly pleased about being shipped out, as it adds a lot of time to an already hefty commute. However he'd have been nuts to turn down Reading's offer and is certainly not 'one that got away' from our perspective though, given those wages.

Aug 23, 2011
1: Didn't clap the fans at Brentford
2: Northern
3: Only scores goals in final year of contract.
4: Didn't clap the fans at Brentford
5: Too many red cards
6: Three written transfer requests
7: Scored against us for Palace at the Amex and didn't clap the fans afterwards
8: Odd goal celebration
9: Didn't clap the fans at Brentford
10: Loves money more than a bunch of people he's never met on the Internet.

How many more reasons do you need to know this JUDAS should never wear the hallowed blue and white striped shirt again?

don't forget he didn't clap the fans at Brentford, can't believe you missed that one...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The valuation aspect could have been either the wage contribution that we were going to make or a sale valuation as he only went to Reading on loan as they couldn't agree a fee in time for the transfer window closing. He is on loan to sign permanent in January. He has gone not coming back lets move on and find a similar type striker. He came from Rochdale so they are about its just a matter of getting the scouting right.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Murray NEVER wanted to leave. But it's true he wanted a rise in wages that we were not prepared to pay.
He would also come back now given the chance, this is why he has spoken to Bennett and wished him the best whilst he is here. The stumbling block again is the money, with Reading paying only a percentage of the wages GM is on at Palace.

These are facts - can't say the source, but its very good.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
don't forget he didn't clap the fans at Brentford, can't believe you missed that one...

You're right, I was there too. Had cheerfully called his wife a Northern homesick slag for 90 minutes, and advised Murray to 'Ditch the Bitch' and then whilst I was eating my fourth Grinstead slice after the match Murray DISRESPECTED me by refusing to clap me. I immediately called him a ****ing wanker at the top of my voice, then went home and kicked the cat, sending the bill for the vet fees to Tony Bloom.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS

That is an absolute load of rubbish my friend.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Murray NEVER wanted to leave. But it's true he wanted a rise in wages that we were not prepared to pay.
He would also come back now given the chance, this is why he has spoken to Bennett and wished him the best whilst he is here. The stumbling block again is the money, with Reading paying only a percentage of the wages GM is on at Palace.

These are facts - can't say the source, but its very good.

You are putting 2+2 together from Twitter there... Elliott Bennett was his BEST MAN. Bennett could have gone to Crawley Town and Muzza would have wished him the best.

The wages thing doesn't stack up, as its pretty well known he will sign perm for Reading in January, so regardless of how much is being paid for these 3 months, he'll presumbly be earning the same directly from Reading in Jan

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
You are putting 2+2 together from Twitter there... Elliott Bennett was his BEST MAN. Bennett could have gone to Crawley Town and Muzza would have wished him the best.

The wages thing doesn't stack up, as its pretty well known he will sign perm for Reading in January, so regardless of how much is being paid for these 3 months, he'll presumbly be earning the same directly from Reading in Jan

Well I have no reason what so ever to doubt the first hand information I have been given, they wouldn't lie, Reading are only paying him a percentage. It might be more than half (let's say 80%), but CP are still subsiding the (other 20% - these numbers are just for illustration).
Maybe the thing about Bennett is true - but I know that he would have loved to have come back. Why do you think he was still running round H'bury in his Albion tracksuit for ages after signing for Palace? - It's the little things.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Well I have no reason what so ever to doubt the first hand information I have been given, they wouldn't lie, Reading are only paying him a percentage. It might be more than half (let's say 80%), but CP are still subsiding the (other 20% - these numbers are just for illustration).
Maybe the thing about Bennett is true - but I know that he would have loved to have come back. Why do you think he was still running round H'bury in his Albion tracksuit for ages after signing for Palace? - It's the little things.

But still, if Reading are going to be paying, say, ALL of his £15k-£20k per week wages from Jan when he signed permenent, he is out of our league, no?

I've seen Tommy Fraser wearing old Brighton training kit in the gym before, it just means he has old stuff laying around, not that he loves the club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here