Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray OR Dickinson

Nicky-Number-Nine

Jul 7, 2009
So we are apparently close to signing Dickinson. I know that doesn't mean we will lose Murray but who would you rather if it was a case of one or the other?
I think Murray is the better player but taking into account his desire to leave I find it hard to choose.
So then, Murray or Dickinson?

I meant to add a poll. Could mods add one please!

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
So we are apparently close to signing Dickinson. I know that doesn't mean we will lose Murray but who would you rather if it was a case of one or the other?
I think Murray is the better player but taking into account his desire to leave I find it hard to choose.
So then, Murray or Dickinson?

I meant to add a poll. Could mods add one please!

Have you seen Dickinson play more than 2/3 times??
If not dont know how you can say you think Murray is the better player.???

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Have you seen Dickinson play more than 2/3 times??
If not dont know how you can say you think Murray is the better player.???

Murray is a proven prolific goalscorer at League one level, Dickinson is not.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004

Been stuck in Stockport for a few years now.

They love Dickinson, reckon he's one of the best players they've ever had.
But I agree, not scored goals at a high level.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007

Dickinson scored 4 in 5 in the championship this season, and 6 in 13 at Huddersfield. If you look at starts he also scored more than one in two at stockport, similar to Murray. Sorry but to me saying Murray is a better player having seen Dickinson no more than 3/4 times seems a bit strange.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Dickinson scored 4 in 5 in the championship this season, and 6 in 13 at Huddersfield. If you look at starts he also scored more than one in two at stockport, similar to Murray. Sorry but to me saying Murray is a better player having seen Dickinson no more than 3/4 times seems a bit strange.

Huddersfield fans say he is shit and lazy, Leeds fans say exactly the same but worse, has an ok scoring record in L2 but I Would prefer to keep Murray who is proven at this level than take a reported 500k(?) gamble on an unproven L1 goalscorer.

Beyond this I don't understand what your saying about it being stupid to judge a player because you have only seen him 3/4 times, what about Tunnicliffe, Wright ect, most on here have only seen them play twice and yet we all think they are good signings, don't we?

Last edited:

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Beyond this I don't understand what your saying about it being stupid to judge a player because you have only seen him 3/4 times, what about Tunnicliffe, Wright ect, most on here have only seen them play twice and yet we all think they are good signings, don't we?

People are saying they look good signings, not that they are better than other players. I have read Leeds fans thoughts on Dickinson, and those i've spoken to tell me how shit Beckford is so im not going to listen to their opinions seriously. As for Huddersfield, he scored 6 in 13, so cant have been that bad, if he could keep that record up i couldnt care less if he is lazy. I didnt say its stupid, just cant understand how people can say who is the better player.
Thing is, there isnt much else out there that is proven at this level for 500k, because those that are proven suddenly shoot up in price. Even if Murray goes, i cant see us spending much more than 500k for a striker, and in that case i dont think we will get much better than dickinson for that kind of money unfortunately.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
better the devil you know and all that so will go with Murray but why can't we have a front line of both

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Id rather have Dickinson if Murray wants to fcuk off,,however if Murray wakes up, smells the coffee and sorts his missus out, id be glad to keep him.But even if that happens, still think we need at least 1 striker and Dickinsons stats are rather impressive, that is all you can really judge him on, as well as having faith in RS judgement.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
As long as they are scoring and we are winning, I don't really give a shit who we end up with.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I don't care how good Dickinson is, I will always want Murray! :love:

Mainly because I'm a football fan and I fancy watching some football this season... I don't care how crap the standard may be at times (not from Murray obviously, but in general), I prefer it from massive long throws to a towering striker who admits he's not the best with his feet...

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I don't get the excitement ad feeling of positivity whenever murray gets the ball that a lot of people have told me they get. I also think his stats are misleading, in that he averages a goal every game, but he tends to score in groups, he'll score 5 goals in two games, then go 8 games without scoring, which is frustrating to me.

Having said that, I haven't seen dickinson play, or at least not so as I remember, so I don't know if he'd take my fancy as a player.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I don't think there is any chance of having both.

I feel that the hold up in signing Dickinson is entirely related to Murray's move (wherever that may be). The Derby sources seem to think its all a done deal - kind of supports this view I reckon.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
I don't think there is any chance of having both.

I feel that the hold up in signing Dickinson is entirely related to Murray's move (wherever that may be). The Derby sources seem to think its all a done deal - kind of supports this view I reckon.

But Dickinson is to replace Owuso.................

Plus RS stated he does not need or want to sell him.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
But Dickinson is to replace Owuso.................

Plus RS stated he does not need or want to sell him.

We'll see I guess; but if Dickinson is a replacement for Owusu then he's a bloody expensive one.

RS isn't going to say anything other than wanting to keep Murray but given that this has dragged on since last season I can't see him deciding to stay (unless the recent influx from the north is to placate his misses with more northern friends!)

I have absolutelu NO contacts in the club or reliable sources, I even struggle for unreliable sources. However, It seems likely to me that one deal is dependant on the other

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here