Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray being watched by Leeds

BristolSeagull2k

Jul 4, 2008
Nailsea, Bristol
Leeds United are on the trail of Brighton striker Glenn Murray - dubbed the 'Dimitar Berbatov of the lower divisions' by manager Gus Poyet.

Murray, 26, was sold to Brighton by Rochdale for £350,000 and has a year left on his contract. Burnley and QPR are also keen on the hitman who was on target against Tranmere yesterday.

Leeds, meanwhile, will let centre-half Rui Marques leave Elland Road when his contract runs out in the summer

This is an article in the Sunday People!!

Hope its just paper talk!

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/tm_headline=harry-to-pin-hopes-on-pienaar&method=full&objectid=22143973&siteid=93463-name_page.html

Public Pervert

Rakehell
Feb 19, 2010
All decent strikers will be being followed by other clubs. You only need worry if you've got donkeys that no-one's interested in. If he goes we'll get decent money for him. Relax.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That same story was in the Star yesterday, along with the Berbatov comparison, except it was Burnley apparently "showing interest".

(it was someone elses paper at the bar by the way - HONEST)

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Don't panic anyone. Murray is not going to want to go to another League 1 club next season now is he.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
isn't he dubbed that by richie morris

Indeed he was/is.

And has been for about a year and a half. I believe the News of the World was first to pick up on it after our Villa match - and that only as a little tease from the reporter who I know (and edits our programme).

It seems, at long last, it is catching on.

Call me the DUBBER.

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
The paper said at the weekend as well that Murray supposedly only has one more year on this contract, if this is true, this needs to be a top priority to get tied up, as would be a bit of a downer moving into falmer and losing our top forward

GYM

Jan 4, 2010
Leeds
Slap a STUPID price tag on him like leeds have with Beckford.

If someone wants to pay it take the money if not we still have our Berba...sorry Murray

Brighton M

Banned
Sep 22, 2006
Lancing
IS Glenn Murray happy now?

The 'wanting a move up north' rumours have gone away...for now.

Does he prefer Gus over Slade?

I hope so. He's a class act.

Interesting that I haven't seen him get and abuse for not applauding the fans on Saturday though when he was subbed....

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Murray being watched by Leeds

I thought it would be better if Leeds watched the strikers of the teams they've still to play.
They haven't been doing too much of that this year :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here