Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Mundane celebrity encounters

Sue1983

Aug 15, 2018
I had a photo with Terry McDermott in Ibiza back in the day (late 80's)
Steve Foster farted near me as he passed through the carriage I was in on a Seagull Special
Photo with Greg Rutherford at a Will Young Gig
Photo with Will Young at said Gig
Said hello to Emma Bunton and her daughter as she walked down a street in London

Last edited:

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Was working in James May's house, he was smoking a pipe when I saw him in the front drive way.

His wife was really lovely and he's a great guy to have a conversation with

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Nothing tops this

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I had a photo with Terry McDermott in Ibiza back in the day (late 80's)
Steve Foster farted near me as he passed through the carriage I was in on a Seagull Special
Photo with Greg Rutherford at a Will Young Gig
Photo with Will Young at said Gig
Said hello to Emma Bunton and her daughter as she walked down a street in London
When you remonstrated, did he flounce?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I have posted this countless times.

While working in Shades one lunchtime, this bloke came up to me and said (no, he did not say "you ****"):

'ere chief, you got change for the cigarette machine?

I changed him some coins from his pound note so he could use 50P to buy 20 Rothmans (those were the days).

My colleague behind the bar leaned over and said, rolling his eyes for dramatic effect:

Did you hear that? One Million Pounds of player just asked you for change to buy ciggies!

The player was Mark Lawrenson

The barman colleague was John (Aden) Gillett. Last seen (by me) at a Brighton home game at Pissfilled more than 20 years ago. I hope life treats you well, me old fruit :thumbsup:

1697742412145.png

1697742379142.png

1697742471145.png

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patron
Jan 19, 2010
A couple more I've remembered:

- Dame Kelly Holmes in the Media Hotel, Dubai. She was checking out as I was checking in, and expressed anxiety about catching her flight. I hope my words of encouragement - "I'm sure you'll make it" - gave her comfort.

- Daniel Ricciardo in the BA Lounge in T3 at Heathrow. Very easygoing and appeared delighted to receive my "good luck for the new season" comment. "Thanks mate" was his classic Aussie response.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
On the bus from the long stay car park at Gatwick a few years back a guy closely resembling Roman Atkinson got on at the next stop and sat on the next set of seats to me and Mrs S. I spent the rest of the 10 minute journey wandering whether it was him as he didn’t say a word and was looking around almost as if he was slightly excited about the trip. Identity confirmed when we walked into the north terminal and he was greeted by a PA with his ticket

Leosayer

Aug 25, 2011
Kent
Paul McCartney apologized for his grandson buying sweets in front of me at the cinema in Ashford, then found him sat directly behind us in he cinema complete with 3D glasses!
Mel Gibson standing in front of us ordering frozen yoghurt in a small town in California
Arnold Schwarzenegger apologizing to our table at the hotel restaurant in Chennai hoping the people that kept coming up to him didn’t bother us too much

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Bob Geldof read the review of the first - and for all I know only - Boomtown Rats album out of my copy of Sounds. Which would have been admittedly very very mundane. Except that his missus Paula Yates was sat directly opposite me at the low level table in a leopardskin microskirt doing a Sharon Stone :drool:

Cpt. Spavil

Mar 9, 2008
first one in the 90s I cant remember my age but young but Mr Blobby was at Palace Pier and each time I went to see where were told where he was he was at the other end.

Around 2004 just after being on Im a celeb. I was crossing the road at ship street and was in the middle of the road and a pink bentley came around the corner and stopped, The driver was Katie Price who gave me a horrible look and put her hands up. I can't remember what I did but I carried on onto the pavement. I think she was on her way to Donatellos to see Pete for a date. I could see Harvey in the back.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Held the lift for Donald Sinden, while I was working in the Dudley hotel. That was about about 1988
Had lunch in a deserted restaurant in Ockley one afternoon in the early noughties, he was there with his wife. What a voice; even talking quietly his lush tones reverberated through the very beams. Tremendous.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Due to being close mates with Wiiilllll from TFI Friday,
this is actually amazing but have a feeling you may have said this before. Assume his name is actually Will? Does he still keep in touch with Evans?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I saw Peter Crouch at Warwick services on way back from Villa. He was hiding under his hoodie but pointless because his size and lankiness stands out a mile! Was accompanied by a minder who was half his size 😂

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here