Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Mundane celebrity encounters

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
My wife and I met RDZ last night while out celebrating her birthday.

He's lovely and we're both still on Cloud Nine.
Where was he out of interest?

I find it fascinating he's been here a year and we know so little about him other than he loves football, and the recent revelation he loves cigarettes

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Two urinal incidents …

One fairly boring one - had a pee in urinal next to Nigel Kennedy at Brighton station… no words exchanged!

Second one … urinal next to David Gower at a World Cup cricket match at Lords. I was being wined and dined in the eye in the sky thing in room next to commentary box. We had a chat about the arm wrestle he had -and won - against Gary Lineker at end of a ‘They Think It’s All Over’ series when the scores were tied and the arm wrestle decided the winner. Or something like that… I’d had quite a bit to drink!

Oh and Nigel Spackman sat at desk behind me when I was doing day release at a college in Bournemouth. It was a business/banking related qualification which he was doing ‘in case he didn’t make it as a footballer’ (his words when he introduced himself). He only attend for 3/4 weeks and didn’t do too badly!

And had to drink champagne and chat with Alan Hansen who was guest speaker at an awards dinner the company I was working for had put on.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here