Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... šŸ˜Š

[Albion] Mufc fans reaction

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Hahahahaha foul 2 minutes earlier made me stick my hand in the air, yeah deffo connected
I have no issues over whether it was a soft foul or not, there are many decision during a game that the ref might not get completely right such as a throw in the wrong way or a free kick given the wrong way or where there was not a foul. This includes in the first half where Utd got a corner where they had a player who looked offside. Had they scored from that we would have been upset but its tough. Similar to the lockdown season where Utd (i think it was) scored after the ball when out for a throw which wasnt given.

faoileƔn

Jan 29, 2021
I thought this was going to be about MU fans reaction at The Amex... I was going to tell you about the "Manc" with a Kent accent who told me to "fcuk-off" after the match when I laughed loudly at him for trying to be the hard-man in the train queue, but I won't bother now...

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
I absolutely 100% love the fact that there are a huge number of MUFC fans that are still fuming, whinging and crying about us putting a dent in their Champions League aspirations.
I detest that gloryhunter's club.

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
One of the phenomena of modern football fandom that I just canā€™t understand.

1. Why people feel that filming themselves jabbering on along a football match is a worthwhile thing to do, creating nonsense content that will be on the internet forever. Professional commentators are often irritating enough without it being some know nothing berk from Salford screaming at the referee through his TV screen.

2. Why there are enough people watching these channels that itā€™s profitable for them to continue.

I may be coming off as one of those ā€œkids these daysā€¦ blah blah bollocksā€ types, but itā€™s this kind of thing that really shows the generation gap for me. Iā€™m not even 30 and I just donā€™t get the point of it.

But I guess if people enjoy it then fair enough to them. Maybe Iā€™m just being a snob. Rant over
They do it so we can enjoy their stupid faces and irksome voices when we win!

I thought the first half was a closer contest 60/40 in our favour, but 2nd half must have been 90/10 to us, the ball was literally only ever in our half when we decided to play it there.

Absolutely fantastic performance and it just shows how ridiculously far we've come that we are now taking 6 points off the likes of Man U & Chelsea, battering pretty much everyone else and making Champions League level teams resort to desperately trying to get just a point off us.
Similar thoughts here too although felt they had the better chances in 1st half. Mitoma's chance was best of the half but they looked very dangerous at times. 2nd half as you say, only 1 team in it and they were hanging on for dear life to earn a point. How on earth Ten Haggis thought they deserved to win is beyond me!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Few of them do, as far as I can tell. Love the ranty bloke with the ponytail though; always top quality frothing when ManU concede šŸ¤£
I wonder how, when based in the UK and some of the matches aren't live on television, they manage to do a 'watch along'

šŸ¤«

And reveal they are doing it.

HeaviestTed

Iā€™m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
One of the phenomena of modern football fandom that I just canā€™t understand.

1. Why people feel that filming themselves jabbering on along a football match is a worthwhile thing to do, creating nonsense content that will be on the internet forever. Professional commentators are often irritating enough without it being some know nothing berk from Salford screaming at the referee through his TV screen.

2. Why there are enough people watching these channels that itā€™s profitable for them to continue.

I may be coming off as one of those ā€œkids these daysā€¦ blah blah bollocksā€ types, but itā€™s this kind of thing that really shows the generation gap for me. Iā€™m not even 30 and I just donā€™t get the point of it.

But I guess if people enjoy it then fair enough to them. Maybe Iā€™m just being a snob. Rant over
My son watches a YouTube channel where a guy plays fifa and commentates it - people are getting weirder! šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

HeaviestTed

Iā€™m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
For those who didn't make it to the end, Mr 'Some Tw@ MacAllister' suggested some kind of match-fixing was going on! Hilarious.

On another note, it's hilarious to see all these MUFC fans crying about added time and, even more so on Twitter, blaming the ref for giving the foul ('iT wAs NeVEr a FoUl'" on Enciso that led to the corner that led to Shaw doing what Dunk did against Forest (no complaints from me on that one). After EVERYTHING they have got through 'Fergie time' and refs being 'influenced' by their players, managers and crowds in the past.

Absolutely marvellous scenes :lolol:
I thought the match fixing comment was aimed at shaw being so stupid to get a handball in the final minute rather than being serious

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here