Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mrs Browns Boys Xmas Day Special

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Can't stand the non-stop swearing and crudeness that is totally unnecessary for Christmas day.

Bookies make it to be the most watched TV programme so it shows the state of terrible entertainment.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
I have never met anyone who likes this show. Who actually watches it? Well I say met anyone - I guess I mean anyone who has ever mentioned they like this show.

It was okay for three/four shows but so repetative cant believe it is continuing, for Christmas showing it is unbelievable

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I quite enjoy it, but it can be extremely funny when they start ad-libbing, especially as it us recorded live. Mrs Brown will occasionally just deliberately throw in a curve ball in the shape of a change of line.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I'm amazed that it's still obviously one of the most popular shows on TV whilst everyone on here thinks it's crap.

There again I've never worried what anyone thinks of me and I really don't know what to say in such sophisticated company

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Genuine question, on what levels is it very clever? I am genuinely interested in the answer.

On one level it is a standard sit com. On another it is an enseble piece in front of a live audience (which is never easy). One character is also a narrator, so it has a sense of panto about it (and who doesn't like panto?). Finally, is has the gentleness of a 1970s June Whitfield offering, blended seamlessly with gratuitous effing and blinding (and who the feck doesn't not like gratuitious effing and blinding?). Does that help? Oh, and the cast seem very likeable. Its a yes from me. :wave:

Lindfield23

Dec 14, 2016
Father Ted, that was an Irish based comedy that used to get me ROTFL. Even Graham Norton was mildly amusing when he appeared in it.

"That would be can ecumenical matter".

YES

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I'm amazed that it's still obviously one of the most popular shows on TV whilst everyone on here thinks it's crap.

There again I've never worried what anyone thinks of me and I really don't know what to say in such sophisticated company

NSC has a few cool and uncool bandwagons and this is the later. I will be watching though.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I would rather stick pins in my eyes than watch that shyte

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
It's not for me. But each to their own.

Fair comment. For me it's unimaginative predictable shite but some seem to like it. I however have just watched the much repeated Father Ted Christmas Special and damn near wet meself. That'll still be laughed at in 20 years butMBB will have been forgotten.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Are some people incapable of ignoring something they don't like and putting on a DVD instead? Or switching over to any of the other 100 channels?

The internet is a great place is seems for social ****wits.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
But if they ignore it or switch over and don't post on NSC about it people may not realise how clever and fashionable they are

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here