Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mr Skalak

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
If that was Duffy struggling we must have one hell of a player on our hands. We all see things differently but I thought he ran Dunk close for MOM last night :shrug:

I agree, I thought Duffy was excellent last night. His Partnership with Dunk seems to be improving and with Goldson back challenging for a place in the team I think we now have what we want. A good core of central defenders capable of covering injuries and suspensions.

I also noticed something about Dunk last night..........No show boating from him. When it was appropriate to blooter the ball into row Z he did do. That's a result of learning from trying to be too clever at Brentford goal on Saturday and it is pleasing to see even the good players learning

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I also noticed something about Dunk last night..........No show boating from him. When it was appropriate to blooter the ball into row Z he did do. That's a result of learning from trying to be too clever at Brentford goal on Saturday and it is pleasing to see even the good players learning
The thing I noticed about LD, last night was his passing to Bruno.

I found myself getting unnecessarily titsy in the first half, watching Dunk's inch perfect cross field 40 yard passes to Bruno's right boot.
As fantastic as they were they weren't leading to anything, with Bruno getting closed down.

As said when I remembered just how unreasonable I was being, I settled into the second half in anticipation of these passing all but landing in my lap.
Which is how I know LD didn't attempt a single one, whereas it was seemingly his only outlet in the first half.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Completely agree with the OP, Skalak seems really poor to me, It appears like a case of the Emperors new clothes, where people pretend not to notice.
Topped off last night, by pretending to be injured and laying in the Huddersfield half after he was beaten again, while they attacked our goal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Completely agree with the OP, Skalak seems really poor to me, It appears like a case of the Emperors new clothes, where people pretend not to notice.
Topped off last night, by pretending to be injured and laying in the Huddersfield half after he was beaten again, while they attacked our goal.

Having studs scraped down the back of your leg, doesn't leave anything to pretence. The foul is seen quite clearly in the extended highlights on Player.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Having studs scraped down the back of your leg, doesn't leave anything to pretence. The foul is seen quite clearly in the extended highlights on Player.

Good grief, Does it hurt to be constantly right?

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I was excited when we signed him but if I had one word to describe him it would be mediocre

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
I think Skalak's great.

We should play him in the no 10 role.

PLUS....

He looks like an escaped mental patient
Has an amazingly hot girlfriend
His instagram account is bonkers

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
He just doesn't have the trickery/burst of pace that you need to be a consistently successful winger imo. Aspinall said before the Brentford game he's been disappointed with his contribution so far this season and I can't disagree. I don't know why he starts for us especially when Knockaert is on set piece duty. Having said that with Baldock injured and Knockaert playing in the number 10 role maybe it was a case of needs must.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
I dont think that he played badly just didnt anticpate what Bong was trying to do to draw the marker out, so made Bong look poor.

To be fair to Murphy, who I thought was poor, Bong had no idea what he was doing so not sure how you could ask him to anticipate anything! Really do think Bong needs a rest and a chance to get some of his form back.

D

Deleted member 2719

Kemy was called up to a national team whilst he was with us and couldn't make the Albion bench, so...

That's was my point, not all internationals are all that. Isn't sarcasm great.:)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think Skalak's great.

We should play him in the no 10 role.

We have an ever increasing list of players who should play the no 10 role.

But

We have an ever decreasing list of players who can play the no 10 role.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I'll repeat my post from the Knocky up front thread.

Watch the highlights. Skalak and Bruno had a great understanding, nearly scoring a goal, when Skalak did a great backheel, for Bruno to take a shot.
I'd also say the understanding/partnership is why Bong is having such a shit time recently, he's had 3 different wingers in front of him in the last 3 games. He needs some consistency.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'd also say the understanding/partnership is why Bong is having such a shit time recently, he's had 3 different wingers in front of him in the last 3 games. He needs some consistency.

As said elsewhere, last night.

I'm strangely comforted by this new look slightly out of sorts Albion.

Sure I loved the precise well oiled and finely honed machine that was last season Albion, but it just wasn't natural.
It wasn't very Brighton, it wasn't the Brighton & Hove Albion I've lived with for nearly 40 years..

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009

So, what you're saying is that a professional footballer needs to play with the same player ahead of him every game?
That's gonna limit Chris's options a bit.

Jul 7, 2003
I love Chris, but can someone please tell me what he sees in Skalak???

Yes, he scored a couple of good goals last season . But really all he does is look for the foul, or roll around pretending to be injured after being tackled! I find him really pathetic and the bloke is just plain irritating.

I really think we should look to offload him in Jan. R Van La Parra would have been a better option at a 1/3 of the price!

Are you one of the Chuckle Brothers from the WSU who sit near the half way line? The one with the dodgy Max and Paddy goatee? They are always looking for a scapegoat and Skalak is their current favourite. Tried it last season and then shut up after the QPR goal. Back on their usual shouting bollocks form last night.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I love Chris, but can someone please tell me what he sees in Skalak???

Yes, he scored a couple of good goals last season . But really all he does is look for the foul, or roll around pretending to be injured after being tackled! I find him really pathetic and the bloke is just plain irritating.

I really think we should look to offload him in Jan. R Van La Parra would have been a better option at a 1/3 of the price!
Agree....Very poor player who has no pace or skill and he knows it hence the looking for fouls all the time....really embarrassing against reading and Newcastle especially.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
A wide player that works hard to win possession, supports the defence as much as the attack, tackles, good range of passes and can deliver a superb dead ball.
He's so slow he handicaps us going forward and his dead balls wonderful free kicks disappeared as quick as his pace :)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We have an ever increasing list of players who should play the no 10 role.

But

We have an ever decreasing list of players who can play the no 10 role.

In Knockaert's interview after the game, he said it was his position in France, so he is experienced.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here