Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mr Skalak

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
One understanding doesn't make a summer.

I didn't say it was one understanding. I pointed out a good example of that understanding. That's why I said watch the highlights, there are several of them, in just one game.
Or you can carry one being one dimensional like the OP Irish Gin, (who appears to be another wind up merchant on here).

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Yet ANOTHER target for the MOANERS , why don't they GO and watch Man U and LEAVE the Albion to TRUE supporters like ME

Alternatively you could take your tired old 'comedy' roadshow to Old Trafford and leave BHA to those of us a little more discerning about our humour.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Strange many on here thought Murphy played badly last night.

Not having spoken to anyone of note for about 8 hours, I cant really say for sure. Although they seemed to see Murphy's contribution last night very differently.

D

Deleted member 2719

I didn't say it was one understanding. I pointed out a good example of that understanding. That's why I said watch the highlights, there are several of them, in just one game.
Or you can carry one being one dimensional like the OP Irish Gin, (who appears to be another wind up merchant on here).

It was a joke, some may perceive me as a wind up, but more often than not i prefer to laugh as that is my personality. Sorry you didn't get it.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I'm a big Skalak fan and would add to the plus points already mentioned that for a little guy, he has good upper body strength and holds defenders off well with his back to goal.

Murphy and Bong wasn't working last night. Huddesfield worked out that if you close down all other options, Murphy doesn't want to chase a ball over the top, but doesn't exactly come short with any degree of confidence. The number of times the full back came around in front of Murphy and nicked the ball, which was making Bong look worse by the minute. When Bong was playing with LuaLua last season he was very effective overlapping, he hasn't developed that understanding or style of play with anyone else really.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Strange many on here thought Murphy played badly last night.

Not having spoken to anyone of note for about 8 hours, I cant really say for sure. Although they seemed to see Murphy's contribution last night very differently.

I dont think that he played badly just didnt anticpate what Bong was trying to do to draw the marker out, so made Bong look poor.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Please dont blame Murphy on Bongs poor game. I remember twice Murphy lost defender and came short. another when he ran for it to be hit over top. Each time Bong passed to defender.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Please remember it was Bong's great pass to Murphy, who then passed to Murray, who held the ball up, so Murphy could get it to Knockaert for the goal.

Not forgetting Ward's ineptitude but we can laugh at that.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I dont think that he played badly just didnt anticpate what Bong was trying to do to draw the marker out, so made Bong look poor.

Hmmmmmmmmm - I think you might find that others think it was the other way around in that the Manager had to adjust the role Jamie was playing so that he could get back and help out his defender. Too often Murphy came looking for or waited for a pass which was either, under hit to him, over hit to him or in most instances, intercepted before reaching him.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't think it was Jamie's best game last night and I said so. It was then it was pointed out to me what he had been asked to do to compensate for others. Also how much improved his stats have been both offensively and defensively I the last couple of games.

Yes I love watching Jamie when he is in full flow offensively but I don't always notice what he does defensively

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
As I've said previously the sooner that Solly March is fit and on the opposite wing to Knockeart the better.

Skalak, Murphy and Lua Lua all offer something, but none have shown enough on a regular basis to deserve a regular starting place IMO.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think him and Duffy are both 'struggling', relatively speaking, from a Euros hangover.

He's better than he has been this season.
I'm not sure why he's been selected over Murphy, even though much the same could be said of him as well.

If that was Duffy struggling we must have one hell of a player on our hands. We all see things differently but I thought he ran Dunk close for MOM last night :shrug:

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
A wide player that works hard to win possession, supports the defence as much as the attack, tackles, good range of passes and can deliver a superb dead ball.

Agree with your post think he needs a run in the side to get the best out of him

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
IMHO he is being unfairly castigated on here.

To an extent I agree because I thought 2nd half at Newcastle I thought he was the best Brighton player on the pitch and many slated him then as well. I like him as a player but last night I just thought he had a bad match. That happens. Doesn't make him a bad player

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If that was Duffy struggling we must have one hell of a player on our hands. We all see things differently but I thought he ran Dunk close for MOM last night :shrug:

I meant overall, this season.
I too was pretty impressed with Duffy's commanding display last night.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Agree with your post think he needs a run in the side to get the best out of him

You cant wait for that to happen. When everyone is fit, we have a very good squad of players. When you get the opportunity now you need to grab it immediately. That's the rules if you hope to be a side challenging for promotion

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here