Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Mr S Aguero

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Cheer up fella!

There's nothing wrong with a tongue in cheek, or dare to dream thread!

Of course he's not coming to us, but we didn't think we'd land Vicente back in the day either, did we? :albion2:

You're probably right that he'll go to Atleti, but that will just free up Suarez to come to the Amex :lolol:

What if we start a #Aguerotobrightonunderpottter campaign? It nearly worked for Leeds!

Hugo Rune

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Three facts about Sergio.

1. His son Benjamín's grandad is no other than the late and great Diego Maradona, his godfather is Messi. To say that the boy has promising 'footballing genes' is an understatement!

This 'Bojo' style tackle on a minor is hilarious:
https://youtu.be/4Tw5uxSk56c

2. He has a Spanish passport.

3. His relationship with Messi is described as 'brotherly'.

The thought of him not signing for Barca is mind-blowing.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
May 8, 2018
WAG?

NDHP Assessment?

Goals to Game Ratio / How many were penalties, tap ins etc vs our current crop?

Will pace be an issue with Gross in the team as well?

Does he like MacAllister?

The Bielsa factor

Will that takedown by BDB that he applauded last season be a factor in his decision?

Dunks contract implications vs MASSIVE signing on fee

Does he want to be a coach?

Can he play left back?

Standards need to be maintained

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kjgood

Yes,I have had a feeling for some time that aguero may fancy a move to Brighton.
Especially the way pep bigs us up all the time too.
It would be a nice move for aguero, especially if he feels he has earned all the money he needs and just wants to play for a club and manager that wants to play great footbal.

I'd be absolutely delighted to be wrong and you be right, but in your dreams. I'd Luv it, absolutely Luv it to happen.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Three facts about Sergio.

1. His son Benjamín's grandad is no other than the late and great Diego Maradona, his godfather is Messi. To say that the boy has promising 'footballing genes' is an understatement!

This 'Bojo' style tackle on a minor is hilarious:
https://youtu.be/4Tw5uxSk56c

2. He has a Spanish passport.

3. His relationship with Messi is described as 'brotherly'.

The thought of him not signing for Barca is mind-blowing.

What I take from that is Messi and Aguero up front for the Albion next season. Seems nailed on to me...

Hugo Rune

Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
What I take from that is Messi and Aguero up front for the Albion next season. Seems nailed on to me...

Well, they are both on a free. I’m sure we could afford their salaries with the Bissouma millions.

However, have they ever really clicked for Argentina together? Might be better off with Maupay & Tross [emoji38]

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Well, they are both on a free. I’m sure we could afford their salaries with the Bissouma millions.

However, have they ever really clicked for Argentina together? Might be better off with Maupay & Tross [emoji38]

Maybe you're right, perhaps they'd both be good impact subs instead.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
This move takes a step closer to happening with the BBC reporting that Mr Aguero announced that he's determined to stay in the Premier League.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
#holdthenerve

Hugo Rune

Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
This move takes a step closer to happening with the BBC reporting that Mr Aguero announced that he's determined to stay in the Premier League.

From a rumour made up by the Daily Fail. No evidence provided to back it up:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...-Manchester-City-star-wants-STAY-England.html

However, at £13m per year, would it be worth us spending some of the White/Biss millions on a two year contract. This would be a great project for him, probably recommended by Pep himself. I wouldn’t question Tony if he splashed £26m to get this lad in for a few years. Muzza was 34 when he first played for us at EPL level and had two good seasons, I think we could get 2 or 3 20 goal+ seasons from our Serge.

If the chances that regularly fall to Maupay & Connolly fall to him instead, I think our goal scored column would increase by 50% taking us to figures and a league position comparable with West Ham.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
From a rumour made up by the Daily Fail. No evidence provided to back it up:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...-Manchester-City-star-wants-STAY-England.html

However, at £13m per year, would it be worth us spending some of the White/Biss millions on a two year contract. This would be a great project for him, probably recommended by Pep himself. I wouldn’t question Tony if he splashed £26m to get this lad in for a few years. Muzza was 34 when he first played for us at EPL level and had two good seasons, I think we could get 2 or 3 20 goal+ seasons from our Serge.

If the chances that regularly fall to Maupay & Connolly fall to him instead, I think our goal scored column would increase by 50% taking us to figures and a league position comparable with West Ham.

We should offer him £3m signing on fee and £300k per goal and £100 per assist. Big incentive for him to be on the pitch.

Hugo Rune

Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
We should offer him £3m signing on fee and £300k per goal and £100k per assist. Big incentive for him to be on the pitch.

That makes sense.

I think the club had been tapping Lallana up for a couple of years. He’d have a protégée to develop in Maupay, a partnership to form with Argentina’s next Messi replacement in Mac Allister in a team that plays in a similar style to Man City.

I’m going to put my neck on the line and say there are probably only half a dozen EPL teams that he’d be more likely to turn out for.

Harmyar

Mar 24, 2021
Surely his next contract will be purely about the love of the game. Hopefully Pep will tell him that he's rich enough now so he should go and play for the best English manager in the Prem. Done deal.
That's what I've nevery understood,multi multi millionaire players who would never have to work again,haggling over contract length and other minutiae,it's probably their agents but if I was in that position I'd go somewhere like Brighton and have some fun.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here