Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Mr Cummings and the COVID inquiry.

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
Of course it is, but if you take the people out of circulation and provide enough time to vaccinate, then you lessen the impact on reopening. And agree with armchairclubber too, releasing the elderly into care homes, was incompetent at least, deliberately deadly at worst.

I suspect of the three people, one was closest to the truth and was ignored.
I'd say deliberately deadly at best, wanton murder at worst.
And that's not in hindsight, I thought it at the time.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
All the people that think any other party would have done better is having a laugh! Unprecedented global virus to deal with, every party would have struggled.

And all these people mentioning we should have locked down earlier, I remember many many people moaning that we can't lock down because of jobs etc. And it's only flu...
Yes, some people talked a lot of bollocks.

You seem to have completely missed the point. The whole Covid management process was done by three clowns (Johnson, Handoncock and the sweary advisor) with utter contempt for the electorate and the process of government. This is endemic in the tory party now, with the immigration minister resigning because the PM is not prepared to break the law in pursuit of party gain.

We need to know about this stuff. Remembering the shit that your mates or some caller on a GBNews phone in may have come out with at some point or other is neither here nor there.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I don't understand how they don't have the power to just take his phone and factory reset it, all the messages will be there, unless he's deleted them for some reason.....
i thought latest claim was he deliberatly factory reset the phone to clear the messages. they'll be deleted and keys wiped/renewed in that process, making messages irretrievable. not going to be anything of substance or that we dont already know on the phone, it's fishing for some headliners, some crass comment.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Listening to the Nicky Campbell phone in this morning, he's allowing only tory supporters to call. f*** me what a bunch of nut jobs among these. Some of them think we need to move more to the right, and that the only thing preventing the stopping of the boats is the loony left. There are a few sensible ones, but these think the tories will be out of power for 2 or 3 more parliaments.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Yes, some people talked a lot of bollocks.

You seem to have completely missed the point. The whole Covid management process was done by three clowns (Johnson, Handoncock and the sweary advisor) with utter contempt for the electorate and the process of government. This is endemic in the tory party now, with the immigration minister resigning because the PM is not prepared to break the law in pursuit of party gain.

We need to know about this stuff. Remembering the shit that your mates or some caller on a GBNews phone in may have come out with at some point or other is neither here nor there.
I've not missed any point I wasn't talking about the enquiry just some people on here and on other places commenting on the enquiry making it all about the tories and saying we should have locked down earlier. Very few people would, at the time, have said let's lock down in January/February.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
All the people that think any other party would have done better is having a laugh! Unprecedented global virus to deal with, every party would have struggled.

And all these people mentioning we should have locked down earlier, I remember many many people moaning that we can't lock down because of jobs etc. And it's only flu...

Well the only Governments that would have handled it better in my lifetime would have been MacMillan, Douglas-Home, Heath, Wilson, Callaghan, Thatcher, Major, Blair, Brown, Cameron and May :shrug:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
i thought latest claim was he deliberatly factory reset the phone to clear the messages. they'll be deleted and keys wiped/renewed in that process, making messages irretrievable. not going to be anything of substance or that we dont already know on the phone, it's fishing for some headliners, some crass comment.

If there was not 'anything of substance' on his phone, why have only his messages been deleted whilst everyone else's have been submitted to the inquiry :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I've not missed any point I wasn't talking about the enquiry just some people on here and on other places commenting on the enquiry making it all about the tories and saying we should have locked down earlier. Very few people would, at the time, have said let's lock down in January/February.
It isn't about January of February. That particular issue (and there are numerous issues) was about Johnson titting around in March. Which is what he did.

I am listening to Johnson now, lying through his teeth about Valance's notes about him saying 'let the virus rip'.

The fact that we had a liar and fool as PM is a serious issue.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
They didn't want the public stockpiling PPE and taking it away from people that actually needed it.

The advice at the time and still now is inconclusive, so rather than have the same situation as the toilet rolls, they didn't bring it in.

Didn't stop people using them if they wanted to?
Johnson ditched the pandemic committee 6 months before we were hit, too busy working on his Brexit wet dream. He should be jailed

Still, thank god we had the PPE VIP to save our souls. True patriots to the rescue

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Really? OK, I'll bite. Whatabout Germany, then? ???

View attachment 170853
Dont know what you mean by that. Just stated German public and media were very critical that UK got vacination out far quicker than they did and wondered if they would have an enquiry. I suppose this is not the forum to mention anything we did well

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Everyone struggled around the world and no one was perfect. But Johnson really put the pandemic on turbo-boost

Anyone remember the Christmas Day super spreader event?

Anyone remember when the kids were sent back to school for one day in January for another super spreader event?

Anyone remember the ridiculous tit for tat travel spats with French?

The list goes on, we had a complete twat in charge, surrounded by other twats in cabinet to try and make Johnson look less twatty....

Last edited:

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Dont know what you mean by that. Just stated German public and media were very critical that UK got vacination out far quicker than they did and wondered if they would have an enquiry. I suppose this is not the forum to mention anything we did well
What gets me is that the vaccination we got out was Astra Zeneca which was the very worst of the lot. (still saved lives but then disappeard without trace). We went with that because it seemed to be British and we didn't have to go cap in hand to the EU for Pfizer. Plus then Johnson could say how good he was and be able to gloss over all his other balls ups and treachery and lies.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
If there was not 'anything of substance' on his phone, why have only his messages been deleted whilst everyone else's have been submitted to the inquiry :shrug:
because they are more honest? and because Johnson doesnt know any better.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
What gets me is that the vaccination we got out was Astra Zeneca which was the very worst of the lot. (still saved lives but then disappeard without trace). We went with that because it seemed to be British and we didn't have to go cap in hand to the EU for Pfizer. Plus then Johnson could say how good he was and be able to gloss over all his other balls ups and treachery and lies.
It did the job at the time but the jingoism around it was ridiculous. At the time Brexiters on here got incredibly excited they found a Brexit benefit, oh thank god we left or we'd all be dead

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
AstraZeneca vaccine reported few % lower efficacy and was far, far easier to manufacture at the time. Pfizer stuggled to get the new production lines up, understandble for a new tech. the worst vaccines are ones you never heard of becuase their efficcay was significantly lower and we didnt touch them.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here