[News] Mr Cummings and the COVID inquiry.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I'm a little confused in my own mind over all this. Losing my wife in Jan 2022, to a heart attack but noted a huge factor was her long term rare lung disease. She had basically been confined to home since March 2020. She and I had attempted to limit our exposure. My company had in December 2021 requested I visit some pubs etc to help with them opening up for Christmas. I caught the worst flu (not Covid) I have ever had, leaving me in bed for 2 weeks. My wife caught it and this I believed is what caused the strain on her heart.

The protesters, of course have a point, especially those of loved ones in retirement homes who were wrongly exposed. But also there are those that want to blame the whole event on the government. With the best knowledge available and the best (if there is such a person currently in politics) PM possible perhaps the death toll would have been a lot lower. We will never know. One thing for certain there would still be huge numbers of us mourning loved ones.

Hindsight is wonderful, if we had locked down earlier and opened up later where would we be now? As it is the economy is trashed, government borrowing mind blowing and waiting lists huge.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Funny old game isn’t it.

An imbecile could have predicted what was going to happen in early Feb 20
The Italian Health system was collapsing - nurses and doctors there imploring the UK to lock down.
We cancelled a flight on March 11 knowing what was happening. The holiday flights on return were being turned around in the air. We lost our money and we were lucky.

Leaving the virus to run it’s course at that time killed many thousands of innocents

The Flopsy haired **** was in charge - whatever the “advice” was
The blame lies with him

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Funny old game isn’t it.

An imbecile could have predicted what was going to happen in early Feb 20
The Italian Health system was collapsing - nurses and doctors there imploring the UK to lock down.
We cancelled a flight on March 11 knowing what was happening. The holiday flights on return were being turned around in the air. We lost our money and we were lucky.

Leaving the virus to run it’s course at that time killed many thousands of innocents

The Flopsy haired **** was in charge - whatever the “advice” was
The blame lies with him
You're right but there would have been loads on that flight and others that wouldn't have made the decision themselves.

I was very concerned, given my wife's condition, of the events as they unfolded. I expressed my views to my senior manager who laughed off the suggestion. There were a lot of "educated" people who had that attitude. Sadly there's a huge amount of idiots in this world, we just happened to have one leading the country.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
You're right but there would have been loads on that flight and others that wouldn't have made the decision themselves.

I was very concerned, given my wife's condition, of the events as they unfolded. I expressed my views to my senior manager who laughed off the suggestion. There were a lot of "educated" people who had that attitude. Sadly there's a huge amount of idiots in this world, we just happened to have one leading the country.
Maybe one of the things that could come out of all this is that people should not vote for a bumbling entitled twat on the basis of a three word slogan in future?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Thats not what the public and media were saying there at the time.
Really? OK, I'll bite. Whatabout Germany, then? ???

1701877729245.png

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Well well. Johnson sounded plausible and contrite, and everything he did was the best possible thing at the time in his judgement.

I felt sympathy for him as he spoke, and believed him.

And yet it was all lies and spin. The biggest lie was the magical 'factory reset' of his phone, done by persons unknown, that apparently deleted all the key WhatsApp messages. I nodded in sympathy. But it isn't credible. Yet, were I a fanboy I would have swallowed the lot. Coincidence happens and it was all a long time ago.

I am sure his support will surge after his masterful performance.

Beware people who can lie without compunction, and have the skill to blend fact and fantasy into pleasing narrative.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
For a supposedly intelligent man who enjoys writing, he seems to have an awful memory.
Selective. Despite no recall of so much detail he is nevertheless certain that he made the best possible decisions based on the available data at the time. I thought it was just Danny Baker who was sometime right, sometimes wrong, always certain.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Well well. Johnson sounded plausible and contrite, and yet everything he dis was the best possible thing at the time in his judgement.

I felt sympathy for him as he spoke, and believed him.

And yet it was all lies and spin. The biggest lie was the magical 'factory reset' of his phone, dome by persons unknown, that apparently deleted all the key WhatsApp messages. I nodded in sympathy. But it isn't credible. Yet, were I a fanboy I would have swallowed the lot. Coincidence happens and it was all a long time ago.

I am sure his support will surge after his masterful performance.

Beware people who can lie without compunction, and have the skill to blend fact and fantasy into pleasing narrative.

Too late :wink:

Yep Harry Hindsight is leading this enquiry. Mistakes were clearly made but I don't doubt those making the decisions made them with the best of intentions based on what they knew at the time.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yep Harry Hindsight is leading this enquiry. Mistakes were clearly made but I don't doubt those making the decisions made them with the best of intentions based on what they knew at the time.
Boris Johnson, best intentions? I guess we will find out very soon whether they were genuine mistakes or Boris was wilfully ignoring the experts.

regardless of this, the government’s handling of COVID was a total disaster by pretty much every metric you choose and it was on BoJo’s watch. The Tory party, it’s members, supporters and voters are all responsible.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Delusions.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
watching, there's a good deal of aftertiming. questions are framed with knowledge we have now, as if they were known at the time in Jan and Feb, when it was much more vague and speculative at that time.

There will always be an element of this. However, they wilfully ignored the advice of the global scientific community.

Johnson is a libertarian. He resisted lock downs for as long as he could and opened the U.K. up as soon as he could. Well, apart from the areas up North he punished for ignoring his confused, poorly delivered, rules.

Rules that Johnson and his chums themselves found too confusing to follow.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Thats not what the public and media were saying there at the time.
So you're saying they should have an enquiry.....
Really? OK, I'll bite. Whatabout Germany, then? ???

View attachment 170853
Jesus. We're a f***ing island

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The goal of this inquiry is not to find guilt or pass judgment (shame) but to learn lessons.

I can think of one pretty f***ing big lesson;

Do not expect a Tory government to help you in a crisis.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
other poster is refering to vaccine. they were not happy about delays in having that, especially as it was a German biotech that came up with the mRNA vaccine aka Pfizer.
Did they not have much because we had bought most of it?

Too much precision here, without meaningful accuracy. Whataboutery. We did stupid things delaying the lockdowm allowing sports events to go ahead, continuously changing the messaging, sending casual workers to infect the elderly in care homes, and all the while the PM is having parties and making facetious comments about death. And lying about how he followed the science.

Oh, and Pfizer is an American company, which used to be registered in Panama, but is now registered in New York.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports