Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moving the away end

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
I can't remember exactly where but pbobe had said that they have looked at moving away fans lots of times but can't find an economic way of doing it. But that they are looking at it again, obviously not for this season.

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
I was looking at the south stand on Saturday thinking that one day it will be knocked down and rebuilt much bigger. At some stage Tony will have enough cash in the bank and Premier League longevity to bite the bullet. Stick the away fans in an upper tier then. Can't see him wanting to disrupt season ticket holders until something like a rebuild happens.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I guess the problem is STH's would have to move, not easy to do and I'm sure some would complain heavily about it. Additionally, those who don't sit near away fans might now find themselves right next to them, again not easy to manage.
In a nutshell. Is the OP quite happy to give up his current season ticket seat for the perceived greater good?

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I wonder if we might offer 10% in return for more tickets for our away fans?

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
After a very long absence I was lucky enough to bag 3 st this season in the swc you try and move us have decent people next to us and behind us

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
Less swearing in the North stand than the East? . . . seriously?
Less swearing from the away fans directed at children in the stand next to the away fans, wanker signs very prevalent for example.

In the north stand, yes of course swearing but not looking children in the eye and swearing at them.

Quebec Seagull

Vive le football... LIBRE!
Oct 19, 2022
Gatineau, Québec, CANADA
Less swearing from the away fans directed at children in the stand next to the away fans, wanker signs very prevalent for example.

In the north stand, yes of course swearing but not looking children in the eye and swearing at them.

I'm a naive Canuck, I suppose, but am horrified to read this. I can imagine Americans (especially 'conservatives') verbally abusing children for something as trivial as supporting a sports rival, but that sort of behaviour is absolutely unheard of in Canada. If it happened, those adults would get an earful from surrounding parents, including from their own 'tribe', and quickly be ushered out of the building by one or two security agents.

Kids are off limits, FFS -- even the prats.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I'm a naive Canuck, I suppose, but am horrified to read this. I can imagine Americans (especially 'conservatives') verbally abusing children for something as trivial as supporting a sports rival, but that sort of behaviour is absolutely unheard of in Canada. If it happened, those adults would get an earful from surrounding parents, including from their own 'tribe', and quickly be ushered out of the building by one or two security agents.

Kids are off limits, FFS -- even the prats.

You forget, over here we live in a post colonial/ empire state in serious decline and full of entitled twats who think they can do what they like As “ we ruled the world” mentality is alive and well

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Cant see anything wrong in giving 3k of supporters who have traveled 100s miles decent seats

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Depends how generous the compensation package P-BOBE gives the STs who are booted out of their seats, really. :shrug:

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
SW corner, if seating was ever rejigged.

They don’t appear on TV, can’t roar their team on to an end.

Spot on. A corner is an awful place to sit. If we can't stick them up in the gods then this is the best place for them.

We could also put some off that egg-box sound deadening stuff around the edges, and some piped white noise whenever they score. :thumbsup:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
SW corner, if seating was ever rejigged.

They don’t appear on TV, can’t roar their team on to an end.

Away fans located behind the goal was the concept all the way back to DK, a Corinthian spirit/welcoming thing.

Completely disregarded by Leicester, West Ham, Manure, Spurs. By design!
No thanks says the nimby s/t holder in W1B. They're already close and noisy enough where they are. Move out the kids in the south East corner.

Jul 7, 2003
Stick the away fans in an upper tier then
So, others have commented on how Newcastle get away with sticking fans up in a corner against Premier League rules and yet you want us to follow their example :ffsparr:

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
So, others have commented on how Newcastle get away with sticking fans up in a corner against Premier League rules and yet you want us to follow their example :ffsparr:
Same as the slagging of Palace got for moving ST holders in The Holmsdale to accommodate the hoodies. Meanwhile showing no regard for long term ST holders in the East Stand

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
All seats at the AMEX have a decent view and facilities. Doesn’t matter where away fans are, it’ll always be a ‘nice’ experience for them.

I don’t see how moving them slightly to the left or right will make a difference. SW corner alone doesn’t hold 3K, so away fans will always occupy some of the South next to it, if it were to move there, the fan segregation would need moving. Shifting that along to the SW corner / W stand plus partway through the south stand will lose more seats than the current configuration. Disabled fan areas (home and away) would need to be moved too.

I also agree that of the current stands available, that south stand is probably the worst given it’s shallowness, more compact concourse (it enters at ground level at the top of the stand), has that TV studio thing over hanging and is in the sun more often.

Jimmy Grimble

The mildly annoying thing about the South end being shallow is that it makes the away fans look like they are going absolutely mental when they score, or crazy ‘limbs’ if you will. It’s similar away at The Emirates.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Surely lower east next to the North would be the best place for away fans atmosphere wise, would never happen although would be fun.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here