Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Moving back to Sussex

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I like seaford but spend too much time in Brighton to be able to move East on Brighton. The A27 near Lewes during rush hour etc is truly awful. So Seaford loses points for that.

For commuting to London etc being near the central corridor is very important.

There's two direct trains in the morning to Victoria from Seaford, and the same in the evening on the return journey. At other times, you change at Lewes.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
No doubt this has been done numerous times before, but I cant be arsed to search, and I want fresh opinions. After 8 years in the big smoke, the time is approaching for me to start thinking about moving back to God’s county, probably in Spring / Summer next year. The place has changed a lot since I last lived there, and I suppose the types of things I’ll be looking for in a place are very different as well. So, for someone looking to move to the countryside (ish), with reasonable commuting links to London (i.e. a station within walking distance, or at a push, cycling) and ideally Brighton, with good pubs and good schools (cant believe that has actually joined my list!) where would people recommend? I don’t mind too much whether it’s in East or West Sussex, but I don’t want to be more than an hour from my family in Crowborough. Ideally want to be able to get a 3 bed semi for around £350,000 ish.

Suggestions please, NSC.

Eastbourne or the outskirts
great place

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
There's two direct trains in the morning to Victoria from Seaford, and the same in the evening on the return journey. At other times, you change at Lewes.

But how long does the commute to London take? From Hassocks it's as little as 50mins.

Sloe Joe

Oct 7, 2010
Having recently been made redundant in MK , I have no alternative. Thank you whoever. My escape route is finally guaranteed. South Coast here I come - at last after 15 years of imprisonment. Can't wait. South Ferring awaits after patient years of hoping.
Heaven !

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Paying rent is dead money. My monthly mortgage payment is less than my neighbour's rent.

Where has he said he is paying rent???

you know what he means. You live in Newhaven look at the house prices. mine is bigger than a 3 bed semi but I couldn't sell it for 350k.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Where has he said he is paying rent???

you know what he means. You live in Newhaven look at the house prices. mine is bigger than a 3 bed semi but I couldn't sell it for 350k.
Neither could I. I was comparing like for like.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
West Sussex riff raff. :shutup:
East East East Sussex :clap:

Agreed. Good enough for the likes of Kipling , good enough for me. Some of the most beautiful parts in all of Sussex are in this neck of the woods. Personally, I don't see the need for rivalry between east and west. I love the whole county, my loyalty is claimed by both east and west and in all of it I hold my head high and feel that my lot has fallen in a fair field. And yes, I have probably had one brandy too many.

Sloe Joe

Oct 7, 2010
Rent, rates etc : the sight of the beach every morning beats any payments. Worth every penny. I'm looking forward to sailing, fresh air and fresh sea caught bass for breakfast ever morning and meeting real people.
Kipling and Ferring beach would have an affinity .
Cheers
SJ

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Rent, rates etc : the sight of the beach every morning beats any payments. Worth every penny. I'm looking forward to sailing, fresh air and fresh sea caught bass for breakfast ever morning and meeting real people.
Kipling and Ferring beach would have an affinity .
Cheers
SJ

Sounds good to me, Ferring is a nice place.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
The woods. Move to the woods commander. No commuting and all the squirrels you can eat. And more sticks than you can...well...shake a stick at.

The woods.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here