Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Moving back to Sussex

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
£350k sounds a pretty sensible budget for 3bed semi. except not in walking distance of a rail station in Brighton/Hove. just follow the rail lines.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Willingdon, close to Polegate train station. Wannock and Jevington areas. Good local schools and practically on the south downs.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
If we can just step over the drooling tongues... if it's £350,000 in Brighton you've got, you can get a 3-bed semi in Brighton, but mostly in Hollingbury, Patcham and Bevendean.

There are a few places in Hanover and off Lewes Road for that price - but they're all terraced.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Burgess Hill on the south side of town is nice, 15 min walk to the station if you're an ambler rather than marcher. 15 mins on train to Bton as well. Hayward's Heath is ok too, but a bit pricier as it's just that little bit nearer to the smoke.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Lewes meets all your criteria, although you'd be in an estate on the edge of town at that price. Still easily cyclable to the station.

PG

Lewes would get my vote too. Great pubs, schools are good, easy to get onto the Downs and into Brighton and only 1 1/2 hours walk away from the Amex!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
If we can just step over the drooling tongues... if it's £350,000 in Brighton you've got, you can get a 3-bed semi in Brighton, but mostly in Hollingbury, Patcham and Bevendean.

There are a few places in Hanover and off Lewes Road for that price - but they're all terraced.

Couuntryside, Sussex countryside Large, get with the programme please!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Couuntryside, Sussex countryside Large, get with the programme please!

Indeed. If I wanted to live in a city I'd stay living on the best one in the world.

Lewes is nice but I don't think £350k would get me very far there, would it? Plumpton would be ideal, but I assume has the same problem.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Not a fan of the Alsops..... find it all a bit odd tbh!

Eastbourne not a bad shout! You'd get a mansion for that in Hastings but there are reasons, plus we're too far away.

Meads area is to the west of Eastbourne and very nice.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Indeed. If I wanted to live in a city I'd stay living on the best one in the world.

Lewes is nice but I don't think £350k would get me very far there, would it? Plumpton would be ideal, but I assume has the same problem.

I don't think Plumpton is hugely expensive. Not as much as Lewes would be.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I've sent you a PM re Plumpton as I've been doing some projects there.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Hassocks.

Not especially pretty but absolutely works. Good village shops, infant, primary and secondary schools, minutes from Btn and the Amex by rail, often less than an hour from London. Everywhere within walking distance of station and cheaper than some neighbouring villages.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Can't go wrong with Mid Sussex. Nice area, 20 mins by train to Falmer, 15 mins to Brighton, and a leisurely drive along the A272. Takes 30 minutes to get to Crowborough from Haywards Heath.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Not a fan of the Alsops..... find it all a bit odd tbh!

Eastbourne not a bad shout! You'd get a mansion for that in Hastings but there are reasons, plus we're too far away.

Meads area is to the west of Eastbourne and very nice.
£350K would be tight for a nice 3 bed semi in Meads. I bought in Eastbourne because of friends/family/work and schools. If I had a free rein locally then I would look closely at the outskirts of Seaford. "Village" life available in various places - East Hoathly? Mayfield? Westham?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Hassocks.

Not especially pretty but absolutely works. Good village shops, infant, primary and secondary schools, minutes from Btn and the Amex by rail, often less than an hour from London. Everywhere within walking distance of station and cheaper than some neighbouring villages.
This - half an hours walk and you are on the Downs

1041291_05cfa56f.jpg

There is even a reasonable pub in Keymer

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here