Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Movie remakes that shouldn't have happened..

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
i think you pretty much have the winner by a country mile anyway, but i will chuck in the wicker man.what was a terrifying teenagers wet dream of a film was reduced to bollox because americans dont know sh#t about sh#t.due to my time traveling capabilities though i am able to tell everyone that the remake of the dambusters (yes they eventually got round to it) was shocking beyond belief.......please do not go and watch it.
Daniel radcliffe as sir barnes wallis was just plain :censored: Stupid. :whistle:

This!

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Italian Job has to win as OP has said.

Agree on Get Carter too.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
They're doing Point Break now. POINT BREAK. With Robocop done, all they need to do is remake the original Jurassic Park and there's my top three films REBOOTED.

Though as previously stated, I'm just simply going to avoid the new Robocop and pretend it doesn't exist.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
And why did they bother remaking the Producers. The original must be one of the funniest films ever made.

thekinglives

Aug 14, 2010
The Red Dawn remake was pretty poor. As was a nightmare on Elm Street, the omen, straw dogs and the producers remakes.
In fact, struggling to think of remakes better than the original. Cape Fear perhaps?

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Old Boy
The Ring

and various other cult foreign films. If you can't be arsed to read the subtitles you don't deserve to watch the film, even in their sanitised US versions.

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
The 39 Steps 1935 great film.
Remakes: crap
2008 (TV movie)
- In Development !?

Stagecoach 1939 great
Remakes: crap
1986 (TV movie)

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Total Recall. Admittedly, it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be with some nice nods to the first film but it wasn’t a patch on the original. I don’t understand how Colin Farrell gets casted in anything – I’ve seen more charisma in IT Programmers and Accountants.

Also, agree on the Italian Job and the remake of Point Break is going to utter bobbins, you just know it (Apparently, it is ‘extreme sports based’ meaning exaggerated motor cycle jumps, lots of high fives and 5 minutes on the beach)

Can anyone name me a re-make that was better than the original? I can’t think of one.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Agree with most of those on here with the exception - controversially, it might seem - of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.

I thought the English language re-make was better. It certainly stayed closer to the plot and the nuances of the book.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
The Ladykillers.

Very much this.

And whoever it was who decided that remaking The Pink Panther with Steve Martin as Inspector Clouseau was a brilliant idea should be taken outside and shot.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Two of my favourite films;

Assault on Precinct 13 & Dawn of The Dead.

Absolutely no need for it, shame on them. Apart from in the 2005 remake of Precinct, they changed the white criminal from the original to a much more realistic black guy :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here