Mother of 8 kids can't survive on £2,000 a month benefits

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Mother of 8 kids can't survive on £2,000 a month benefits....Sadly she has survived or it would be a different headline..

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
He's GOT too DEGREES. His SEPELING is obviously IRONYONIC.

I like the FREE Degrees BEST

image.jpg

Tight shorts

Dec 29, 2004
Sussex
So NooBHA - Is 40K for doing a full time 24/7 job of bring up 2 of someone else's children really so high?

Ok so assuming you have to give up your job to take on this role, that's a loss of your net salary - say 20k per year assuming an average wage

Extra cost of upgrading to say a 3 bed house from a one bed property so that you have room for the 2 kids - could easily add another 200k on to a mortgage round these parts. Interest on 200K a year at say 4% is 8K. Cost of food, clothing, holidays, extra heat and light, presents, school trips etc is many more thousands per year.

You're probably dealing with some really troubled kids, mental and physical health issues, having to deal with their birth families as well as undertake training and constant liaison with Social Services and other agencies. Is 40K net really so high? I don't think HMRC pluck the tax free allowances out of thin air - they look at the true costs of raising kids and agree the limits in line with that. If being a foster carer is such an easy and lucrative job why are there adverts everywhere appealing for foster carers? Just a thought.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Doesnt matter if you are filthy rich or filthy poor

Bringing 8 kids into the world is bloody obscene.

Its the elephant in the room no one wants to discuss

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Doesnt matter if you are filthy rich or filthy poor

Bringing 8 kids into the world is bloody obscene.

Its the elephant in the room no one wants to discuss

Quite right this. Overpopulation is a massive global problem that is so often ignored. I concede I am a massive hypocrite on this one but in my defence i didn't really think this through at the time (when the Australian money were giving people money to breed so we didn't have to let anyone else in) and now I just can't decide which of my kids to get rid of.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Listen mate I only know these rules because someone came into my office for tax advice on this scenario. I didn't even know the riles on this and when I realised she was receiving 45K tax free for looking after 2 babies That's about £65K before tax and NIC I wanted to go out and take on 2 kids myself coz that's wot I earn after 30 years in employment and 2 University degrees so please don't try an tell me that a bar of soap and water to wash a child to make them clean warrants £65K per year in salary. Nurses bed bath 100 people a month for less. I did say in my previous post that I admire foster carers and I am the most left wing social thinker you will find and I don't get angry at much but your post pissed me right off

You've two degrees and that's the standard of English you produce?

Were the degrees in Serving at McDonald's and David Beckham Studies?

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Quite right this. Overpopulation is a massive global problem that is so often ignored. I concede I am a massive hypocrite on this one but in my defence i didn't really think this through at the time (when the Australian money were giving people money to breed so we didn't have to let anyone else in) and now I just can't decide which of my kids to get rid of.

Go for the ugliest

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
There is no law in this country that states how many children one person can have therefore she is entitled to benefits. The irony is we are paying millions to kids that have never stepped foot in this country. Your pitch forks are pointing in the wrong direction

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
There is no law in this country that states how many children one person can have therefore she is entitled to benefits. The irony is we are paying millions to kids that have never stepped foot in this country. Your pitch forks are pointing in the wrong direction

Its the level of benefits that is being disputed.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Set foot, set foot.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Not easy to take someone seriously who says coz and wot

Indeed ..... one wonders what those two degrees were in !!! I also have to snigger at his use of the word 'thinker'

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Bollocks its a chance for the keyboard warriors to abuse a single mother who didn't make up the rules
You are quite right in that she did not make up the rules, but that is irrelevant, surely. She and thousands like her have found out that benefits are easy to come by in that situation, when children are involved and is clearly milking the system. They know that children deserve to be supported, as it is not the child's fault that they are born to a single parent. Where is the father in all of this? Cleared off, as usual, knowing the benefits will be doled out. I suppose it boils down to what extent you think that folk on benefits should be financially helped. Would you be happy, for example, if your neighbour, who had no intention of working, and perhaps ridiculed you for setting out to work each day, enjoyed exactly the same standard of living as you do due to the benefits system?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports