Mother of 8 kids can't survive on £2,000 a month benefits

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I agree completely that they are all endemic and wrong. However, if we spent government and parliamentary time and money proportionate to the amounts that these areas 'cost' society, do you think we would see the same focus as at present ?

Excellent question......I suspect not, with the vested interests of those at the top to consider......

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
One of the lesser known abuses of the Benefits System is actually done in the Foster care system where you get almost £20K per annum fostering a child. The tax system then allocates specific tax free allowances which make this income tax free. Consequently you can foster 2 children and receive £40K tax free.

On top of that because fostering children is deemed to be a job you then qualify for around another £54 per week in Working tax credits.

Fostering children is a wonderful thing especially of older children and I don't mind paying people for doing that but to pay that level of funding for Fostering babies, is in my opinion excessive. We need to lower that benefit and speed up the adoption system which would cut benefits massively.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Bloody orphans! And those good for nothing, selfish foster parents bleeding the system dry. Honestly, I dunno why people are so worked up about the criminal activities of MP's, Bankers and Investors when this utter, utter scum are out there claiming benefits to bring up children who have no parents. Hell in a bloody handcart.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Bloody orphans! And those good for nothing, selfish foster parents bleeding the system dry. Honestly, I dunno why people are so worked up about the criminal activities of MP's, Bankers and Investors when this utter, utter scum are out there claiming benefits to bring up children who have no parents. Hell in a bloody handcart.

My original post wasn't to condemn all Foster Carers. It was actually only to highlight excessive benefits paid to foster babies. It doesn't cost £20,000 per year to look after a baby and it was also just to highlight that it is taking to long to get children adopted. Foster Carers for the most part do a great job. Its the system I don't like that needs reformed

thbjenkins

Mar 12, 2014
Lancing
Ok, point taken, but does that make it ok for people to scam/bend/distort etc etc the system? probably not, also system scammers are costing all of us a massive fortune, and quite honestly, I for one, don't see why I (and my wife) should work our guts out, earn less than some of these scammers do.

100% agree.
If we made these corporations pay what they're supposed to then we would recover more than what we lose through benefit scroungers.
But what about the morality of situations like this one. 8 (EIGHT) kids! I mean for crying out loud! She's the one who's put them in poverty she's had 8 kids and has no way of providing for them (yes Osborne the slimey little git isn't helping but that's beside the point).

I don't agree with the Tories on a lot of things, but their "No working person/family should be worse off than anyone who isn't working" I totally agree with.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
The economy is wrecked. nobody is interested in fixing it because banks make money when economies crash so they have no interest in saving it. Ask Goldman Sachs if you doubt this.
You think cutting off the benfits of a few cow ****** council estate guttersluts is going to make the difference. Our savings are about to vanish overnight and people give a shite what Osbourne comes out with. He's cluless and carefree.

thbjenkins

Mar 12, 2014
Lancing
I'm sympathetic to this but (not relevant to the to the woman in this thread) but life happens. Partners die, run off with girlfriend or contraception fails. Not exclusive to women but stats say more adversely affected.

Which is why it's often men that make these views

Point taken... But 8 kids!!!! Come on!

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Would someone pay £39 for a breakfast if he had to pay for it himself ? I doubt very much as he could have a TASTY Full English in Wetherspoons for less than a FIVER but we NEVER hear the usual suspects go on about this, where is the difference between a corporate benefit user and someone receiving child benefits.

Whilst all you idiots are in outrage about her the MP's are giving themselves a 10% pay rise whilst limiting Nurses, Firemen, etc to 1% for the next 4 years.

Job done by the Tories yet again.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
If a couple have four kids and are just making ends meet from their employment and THEN the son of the 17th Baronet of Ballentaylor (aka George Osborne) reduces your net income I have a lot of sympathy.

However something has to be done to pay for those 50 something's inheriting million pound houses from their parents to ensure they pay no tax, so targeting working families with more than two kids is one way, as the parents can hardly walk away from their offspring.

Shouldn't people be earning enough from their jobs to pay for things like being able to have the family size they want, why does the state have to pay out benefits instead to help people make ends meet?

If people can't, they pay levels and costs of living are the problem and not how much the state should and is paying out in benefits - after all, those benefits have to be paid for, either through taxation or through public borrowing which could still affect the the children. probably when they come to have a family of their own and the Government coffers are empty (see Greece)

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Shouldn't people be earning enough from their jobs to pay for things like being able to have the family size they want, why does the state have to pay out benefits instead to help people make ends meet?

)

I agree with you. This particular woman does appear to be milking the system.

However the print media, with it's focus on such people and reluctance to also highlight the abuses by wealthy corporations and individuals, is creating a culture where those on benefits are demonised and vilified, yet the scale of benefit abuse is insignificant compared to the scams undertaken by the likes of Dacre, Apple and co.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Interesting that the editor of the Daily Mail, Paul Dacre, who is paid £1.85 million a year, hasn't mentioned the €300,000 of benefits he has claimed in respect of his country retreat.......

'benefits'?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
One of the lesser known abuses of the Benefits System is actually done in the Foster care system where you get almost £20K per annum fostering a child. The tax system then allocates specific tax free allowances which make this income tax free. Consequently you can foster 2 children and receive £40K tax free.

On top of that because fostering children is deemed to be a job you then qualify for around another £54 per week in Working tax credits.

Fostering children is a wonderful thing especially of older children and I don't mind paying people for doing that but to pay that level of funding for Fostering babies, is in my opinion excessive. We need to lower that benefit and speed up the adoption system which would cut benefits massively.

Absolutely clueless. My sister-in-law fostered for a while. Her first "short term" child arrived with hair so badly infested it took two days to clean properly. She stank. She had hardly ever eaten a vegetable and never seen a swimming pool. She could not interact properly with my natural niece nor anyone else and the tension in the house rose palpably. My SIL was threatened by the natural mother who tracked the child down despite the social saying it was impossible. And she wasn't adopted because. at the grand age of 10, she was too old, smelly and broken for anyone to want her. My SIL gave her job up to do this and the money she got barely covered the extra bills. Having had this experience she has stopped fostering and gone back to what you no doubt think of as "real work".

As a flip side one of the coaches at my son's new football team is a foster mum and has done such a brilliant job with him she's transformed his life. A new life. For 20k. Or 1/4 of an MPs salary.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Why isn't this women working and going through the CSA and claiming child support benefit for each of her 8 children (I'm assuming we're talking about multiple fathers). This would negate the need for her to claim half as much from the state.

Let the scruffy c***s that threw one up her pay for their mistakes not the British tax payer.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
But you've left off the work they do in their constituencies - often over the weekend. I've had email replies in the middle of the night from my MP and meet him at local events over the weekend. It's not just how much time they spend in the H of P.

They must have done a fantastic job of assuaging your concerns as you've literally changed party every election.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports