[Football] MOTD

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brok

🦡
Dec 26, 2011
The sound problems make it sound like the games are bring played during the onset of an alien invasion
I sincerely hope that when Mitomas goal is voted goal of the month, that the Beeb have sorted out the sound problems.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Despite all the "old-man shouting at a cloud" rubbish on this thread, Match of the Day is great and we don't know how lucky we have it. It's a live programme that showcases extended highlights of all the day's Premier League games with good, exclusive commentary. The analysis is surface level, but what more do you want? Nobody's got time for the show to be longer and less inclusive with more in-depth analysis and the turnaround time from the final game to broadcast doesn't really leave much opportunity to go that deep. No adverts breaking it up, eminently watchable TV and the running order means if there are a bunch of duff games, you don't have to sit through them to get to the good stuff.

Long live Match of the Day!
I agree. The thought I would have would be, in those week's where there's only weekend fixtures, wouldn't it be great to have a midweek MOTD show that's entirely focussed on analysis? Could be quite a varied show - a week where they pick a single team and drill down into tactics ("Here's why De Zerbi's Brighton are so good!" and the opposite "Here's why Chelsea are struggling despite having brilliant individual players..."), or deep-dive into controversial referee / VAR decisions across the weekend, or dissect why 3-4 players are so, so good that they're key to lifting their teams etc etc.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Bloody hell, what do we have to do to get on first? Instead they choose a one-sided away banker.

Edit: Not even on second.

Last edited:

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
What are they trying to do Chelsea? Looks like give Sterling the ball or take long-range punts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports