[Football] MOTD

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Possibly because Lineker stated last week that spurs should get him in ( Mitoma ] and was instructed don't do it again.

No. That was Ferguson

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
No mention of the Mitoma goal seems very odd.
Agree it deserved to be highlighted, but I guess it was because Shearer was highlighting how Brighton can punish you, of which the other three goals were examples.

but both Enciso/March combinations were wonderful.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Ferguson played like he didn’t want to be sold when he came on :lolol:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Ferguson played like he didn’t want to be sold when he came on :lolol:
Indeed, shocking, like he was in pre season. He will definitely be a world class striker in a few years but his all round play is way off at the moment. He just can't hold the ball up.

I did laugh last week when lineker hyped up a 100m plus move after he scored a tap in.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Indeed, shocking, like he was in pre season. He will definitely be a world class striker in a few years but his all round play is way off at the moment. He just can't hold the ball up.

I did laugh last week when lineker hyped up a 100m plus move after he scored a tap in.
He’s still learning his trade at 18 years old, he’s going to have patches when he’s in form and when he’s out of form. Fortunately he’s not our only option.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Harsh red card for Mac Allister IMO.
Nah always been a two-bit thug, glad to be shot of him, worst hooligan we’ve had since Chris Hughton.

(I’m sorry Alexis, I miss you)

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
He’s still learning his trade at 18 years old, he’s going to have patches when he’s in form and when he’s out of form. Fortunately he’s not our only option.
I get it. Just saying I will laugh if a team like man u buys him in the next 2 years and expects him to be the next haaland straight off the bat.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

What did surprise me is that he was being bullied off the ball, I haven’t seen that before. He is just a kid though and we probably expect too much of him. RDZ is definitely bringing him on slowly but I was disappointed with him yesterday, and yes I know, I was expecting him to run rampant against a tired Wolves side. :shrug:

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I get it. Just saying I will laugh if a team like man u buys him in the next 2 years and expects him to be the next haaland straight off the bat.
That’s what the rest of the football world don’t understand about our recruitment don’t understand

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
They didn't even reshow it...
Very, very weird. Maybe he's just that good that it's no surprise to the producers.
Very happy with that. Makes a nice change for them not to be trying to sell one of our players. Good to see Albion being talked about on their own merits rather than everything being viewed through the prism of the so-called Big Six and who they should cherry-pick next.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Very happy with that. Makes a nice change for them not to be trying to sell one of our players. Good to see Albion being talked about on their own merits rather than everything being viewed through the prism of the so-called Big Six and who they should cherry-pick next.
I have no evidence although I’m not sure the Albion would have been very happy with Lineker attempting to sell our players on MOTD especially a player so young as Ferguson.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Nice MOTD2 closing montage tonight of Mitoma's goal with Solly and RDZ singing his praises.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
With everything Chelsea have spent, they really should be title challengers. They look, erm, some way off…

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
With everything Chelsea have spent, they really should be title challengers. They look, erm, some way off…
Whare the chances of them missing out on europe again?

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
"That was a goal straight out of the George Best scrapbook." Blimey!
That came from the round up on 5Live’s Sports Report. I was grabbing a crafty run along the esplanade at Cowes and caught that on my headphones. It’s been a fairly crap couple of weeks at Chez Higham but the football is keeping me smiling. It’s bloody lovely to be the talk of the town.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports