Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] MOTD

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Lineker on Cucurella: "He was superb today as were Brighton as a whole."

Jenas: "It was the running power, the desire, the commitment to get forward and score goals."

"They are just such a well-drilled team."

Shearer: "They're prepared to put a shift in...they're all prepared to go after the ball together. That's what teams should do."

"They won every single battle against their opponents. They were magnificent."

Once again, MOTD start by eulogizing about the Albion and leave very few words for the beaten big team.

Very happy with that.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
That was really nice from Shearer. Even when asked to destroy United he turned it into a positive about us.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Lineker more interested with talking about how bad United were. He really is a **** in my eyes

Luckily Shearer and Jenas saw what happened

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
The reality is yes, they were dreadful, but we simply didn’t allow them even a sniff. They were excellent against Brentford but this was a totally different team they faced and they simply couldn’t handle us. That spell after half time they were just totally shellshocked by what was as close to total football as you’ll get.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
The reality is yes, they were dreadful, but we simply didn’t allow them even a sniff. They were excellent against Brentford but this was a totally different team they faced and they simply couldn’t handle us. That spell after half time they were just totally shellshocked by what was as close to total football as you’ll get.

I did wonder if they had turned a corner after the Brentford game so was worried how it would go. Brighton won today rather than MU lost. We had some brilliant performances out there and played as a team.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
That was really nice from Shearer. Even when asked to destroy United he turned it into a positive about us.

Totally loved that bit and credit to Shearer. Ignored jug ears invite to discuss the United woes and then poured on the praise we richly deserved

monty uk

Sep 25, 2018
Haven't watched it yet. Did they show Ronaldo's facial expressions when the fourth goal went in?

It was sort of "I used to play in LaLiga, now I'm getting trounced by onlyBrighton".
:lolol::lolol::lolol:

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Haven't watched it yet. Did they show Ronaldo's facial expressions when the fourth goal went in?

It was sort of "I used to play in LaLiga, now I'm getting trounced by onlyBrighton".
:lolol::lolol::lolol:

It was basically us schooling them and shots of him frowning and laughing. A great five minutes.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I’m so pleased that Solly and Pascal were picked out for special praise. I thought the first45 minutes were Sollys best ever. It was a quite wonderful team performance.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Anyone criticising Lineker about his wanting to slag of Man U and not praise us today - its all loosely scripted. They all know what each other will say and who they will praise. Lineker was making the point that Utd were poor (they were) full knowing that, and clearly supportive of, Shearer following to say how great we were .

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Jenas calls the Palace penalty correctly, he’s on fire tonight!

Jenas is great IMHO. He’s really grown into the role. Initially quite flash but he now has a really nice cool about him. Calls most things right and i like a midfielders perspective on things. Former strikers, especially, seem to only focus on that part of the game and their punditry often becomes pretty tired as a result. But Jenas tends to see things in a broader way. As an aside, saw him live a couple of times for Forest as a 17 year old, he was quite the player.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You do all realise MOTD is scripted, don't you?

Shearer didn't turn Lineker's question on his its head.

In his analysis Shearer obviously wanted to show what Utd don't do, by highlighting what the Albion did.
Which is why AS had told the VT editors what he wanted focused on, in his section.
Shearer needed the 'in' and Lineker's question was scripted as the start off point for Shearer.

The desperate need to be offended is silly.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I noticed how dirty our roof is at the beginning of the coverage.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here