Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] MOTD - 22:30 BBC One

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Tbh I don’t think today was about us being good. It was 100% a time to highlight how bad Liverpool were and they were.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Screenshot_20230115-065357_NOW.jpg

Now TV preview featuring yesterday's star performers...oh wait...

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Not aimed at you particularly but we really do have some needy fans here.

We got plenty of credit, but a club that was two games from winning absolutely everything in one season just 2 seasons ago is now mid table and their season is almost dead. That's a story that has to be discussed and the reason for it is that they are a bit shit. It would be weird for them not to point that out. We were class yet again but they made it easy for us playing such a high defensive line.
What I’ll say is that I like to see some analysis of all the teams MOTD cover. Their track record with us over recent weeks has been poor.

Southampton - no analysis. All about Saints decline.

Everton - as above.

Liverpool - a desperate attempt to give us credit, no analysis of our set up, all about how poor Liverpool were.

In some ways this is fine. The more we go under the radar the better. But MOTD should now be focusing on why we are good and not just saying “oh they are lovely to watch.” Well, why? Isn’t that what these pundits are paid to do?

Next week we’ll probably draw 0-0 with Leicester!

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
What I’ll say is that I like to see some analysis of all the teams MOTD cover. Their track record with us over recent weeks has been poor.

Southampton - no analysis. All about Saints decline.

Everton - as above.

Liverpool - a desperate attempt to give us credit, no analysis of our set up, all about how poor Liverpool were.

In some ways this is fine. The more we go under the radar the better. But MOTD should now be focusing on why we are good and not just saying “oh they are lovely to watch.” Well, why? Isn’t that what these pundits are paid to do?

Next week we’ll probably draw 0-0 with Leicester!
They have done loads of times especially with the other presenter that isnt lineker.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Some very needy fans, we get a lot of credit across the media for how well we are run, recruitment & results. And as good as we are, the sharp decline of Liverpool is obviously a bigger story. That squad was 2 games away from a quadruple last May, the run they are on and losses against us & Brentford are as much about their decline as it is the rise of us, Brentford, Fulham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
View attachment 155805

Now TV preview featuring yesterday's star performers...oh wait...
It was Tossards mug in the intro montage, too. Quality televisual professionalism.

What pleased me was that we are clearly still under the radar. There were no clips of how we start our attacks. And they still don't even know the name of our club. :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Too easy? We made it look easy!
Shhhhhh! We are no threat to anyone, and were lucky to be there on the day when Klopp 'had my worst ever performance'. Nothing to see here....no players to bid for here (apart from Tossard, of course - luckily still the MOTD 'face of Brighton FC').

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Some very needy fans, we get a lot of credit across the media for how well we are run, recruitment & results. And as good as we are, the sharp decline of Liverpool is obviously a bigger story. That squad was 2 games away from a quadruple last May, the run they are on and losses against us & Brentford are as much about their decline as it is the rise of us, Brentford, Fulham
Agreed and if you’re craving Brighton analysis/content then just yesterday

Football Focus has an in depth interview by Glenn Murray with Alexis
You can listen to the full 90 minute 5 Live radio commentary - where I assure you Brighton’s rise, RDZ tactics and the like were talked about at length
Or the post match analysis from Warren on Radio Sussex
Or Martin Keown waxing lyrical about Albions tactics on Final Score
“They were magnificent” “their style is so pleasing on the eye” . The Albion verdict on Football Daily

Last edited:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
They have done loads of times especially with the other presenter that isnt lineker.
Listen, I really don’t give a shit, but I do use my eyes and ears and beyond the odd platitude we’re not a focus for them. It’s irritating, but not worth wetting the bed over.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Agreed and if you’re craving Brighton analysis/content then just yesterday

Football Focus has an in depth interview by Glenn Murray with Alexis
You can listen to the full 90 minute 5 Live radio commentary - where I assure you Brighton’s rise, RDZ tactics and the like were talked about at length
Or the post match analysis from Warren on Radio Sussex
Or Martin Keown waxing lyrical about Albions tactics on Final Score
I think this thread is about MOTD and not the rest of the media landscape.

As I say, it’s irritating, but in the scheme of things not worth getting too annoyed about.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

As I say, it’s irritating, but in the scheme of things not worth getting too annoyed about.
Yes agreed - but several on here insist Albion are under the radar, that analysis of clubs outside the top 6 is thin, and that “pundits” don’t have knowledge of the club. So sharing the range of analysis (and that’s just the BBC) available might put that in context…might…

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

But in that case Fulham should get even more credit as they are newly promoted, above us in the league and ultimately have also smashed Liverpool, Chelsea etc this season. They also only have a very small amount of time per match anyway

It’s all kind of relative, but we are now firmly in the ‘mid table’ camp.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Even when they are talking about us, they are talking about how poor Liverpool were.

What does it take for them to just say ‘we ripped them to shreds’
I do wonder sometimes
If the analysts only watch the highlight reel that gets aired ?
Last nights show didn’t convey how commanding that performance really was !

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I’d also add - let’s see if we can beat a ‘current’ top 4 team and then complain we aren’t getting the plaudits

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here