A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
How on earth VAR decided Rashford wasn't interfering with play there when he has shepherded the ball across a City defender into his teammates feet I'll never know.
Madness. He's standing between the ball and the defenders.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
In what possible way does Everton v Southampton deserve to be shown ahead of our game?
Massive club, second longest continuous in the top flight, quite possibly going down, I guess that’s why.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
What even is offside anymore
If you're running back to get onside and don't interfere with play and are not seeking to gain an advantage, that's definitely offside

If you run towards the ball drawing defenders towards you when you are clearly in an offside position, that's onside.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
How on earth is ManU’s first goal allowed to stand? Utterly ridiculous.
Indeed.

The reason the offside law was changed was to allow goals when non interfering players had no impact whatsoever on whether the goal goes in or not. This interpretation of that new law by the ref and VAR was farcical. Rashford more or less runs across the ball after the centre half had stopped to let him run into an offside position.

Embarrassing decision and honestly, those officials need relegating.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Seems like offside is now no longer a thing, just like foul throws.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Good little bit of analysis from Wright about Pep's use, or not, of Haaland. He'd score even more for us, you'd think. Pep does seems to make things tough for himself sometimes.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i have never understood why this "player active" rule nonsense is suppose to add anything to the game. just an unnecessary complication and today its been show for shitshow it is. offside position should be offside and done.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Massive club, second longest continuous in the top flight, quite possibly going down, I guess that’s why.
And we're only a, just, top 6 team beating a midtable side, at home!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here