Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] MOTD - 22:30 BBC One

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Really interesting that in the Forest game they showed the crowd on the big screen the penalty incident with the keeper Henderson. Ironically they showed the angle that least evidenced a penalty so none too clever. From the behind the goal angle I think you can see the keeper knock the players shin with his glove enough to knock him off balance
That and the ground staff incident makes me think huge spending forest are getting a bit desperate…?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Annoyed and get not surprised they didn’t show the clear pen we should have had 🤦🏻‍♂️

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Was I too sleepy to pay full attention, but it seemed very much like when Wolves went 2-1 up the commentator said it's the first time this season Brighton have scored two in one game.
Maybe you were suffering from post-traumatic stress from previous seasons

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I dont understand how Henderson wasnt sent off.

Yellow for the foul
5 minutes screaming at the ref
kicks the ball at Brentford players.
Agreed - should have been sent off, if nothing more than for acting like a total and utter tit.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Marsch wears me out. He's pretty humourless and always seems so aggressively driven. His tactics talk is like listening to the self help word salad, sounds complicated so it must be intelligent, meaningless psycho babble drivel of the likes of Jordan Peterson. Give it a rest man, my ears are sore.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
The graphic when our third goal went in read “Gross 83” (maybe Groß) but then no assist when they normally add that. Undav supplied the lay off leading up the goal so why no credit?

It’s late and I’ve had a few so I might well be missing something obvious.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The graphic when our third goal went in read “Gross 83” (maybe Groß) but then no assist when they normally add that. Undav supplied the lay off leading up the goal so why no credit?

It’s late and I’ve had a few so I might well be missing something obvious.
He didn’t assist - if you watch closely he was tackled and it fell nicely to Gross.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Yep. He said that. Strange that they couldn't fix that in post.
This came out in the week - they do full commentary live and never edit it after unless they completely make a mistake such as wrong scorer, big mistake

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Marsch wears me out. He's pretty humourless and always seems so aggressively driven. His tactics talk is like listening to the self help word salad, sounds complicated so it must be intelligent, meaningless psycho babble drivel of the likes of Jordan Peterson. Give it a rest man, my ears are sore.
Good point. I hadn't realised what a bore he was until I listened to his interview yesterday. And, as you say, humourless.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Every chance they go down this season. If one or more from them, Leeds or Villa go down, I think we're all happy.
Sadly don't agree. They are good at home and have a few really good youngsters. Viera has them well organised. They're obviously well below Brighton standards these days though.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Was I too sleepy to pay full attention, but it seemed very much like when Wolves went 2-1 up the commentator said it's the first time this season Brighton have scored two in one game.
Yes, he did.

But I don't feel it's right to dig out the commentator* as it's incredibly easy to get these little clubs mixed up.

*Complete bellend of a prat.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I thought it was strange that they dismissed all the dubious penalty shouts in the Forest/Brentford game as not worth looking at but did not question the De Bruyne collapse for Man City.
That just gets the ‘big club chuckle’. Standard practice when something goes the way of City/Chelsea/Arsenal etc. Thinking seems to be that because they’ve dominated a game, how they actually win it (i.e. cheating) doesn’t really matter.

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Sadly don't agree. They are good at home and have a few really good youngsters. Viera has them well organised. They're obviously well below Brighton standards these days though.
I was referring to Everton. I agree with you - no chance Palace are going down. Good manager and some good players unfortunately.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here