Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Most dislikable individual in modern football? Nominees here

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
I used to like Maupay when he played for us. He used to make up for all the times he'd miss a chance you'd expect him to score by scoring a goal you wouldn't expect him to, but I know that for many of our opponents he was hated for his shithousery.
I asked my wife this question (Arsenal fan) and she said Maupay.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I used to like Maupay when he played for us. He used to make up for all the times he'd miss a chance you'd expect him to score by scoring a goal you wouldn't expect him to, but I know that for many of our opponents he was hated for his shithousery.
You broke the rules. It's dislike rather than hate. And you can't nominate players on behalf of supporters of other teams.

This thread must be an absolute nightmare for the OP.

No wonder the country is falling apart. It is clearly populated by cretins who can't follow simple instructions. And I'm duty bound to include myself in that category for my own schoolboy error suggestions.

I'm going to nip off shortly to get myself into the sea. Care to join me? ???

:wink:

kuzushi

Oct 3, 2015

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What about politicians and world leaders? Does the OP cover them?
Wozza stated: "Let's go with CURRENT players, managers and officials only (not media, club owners or others)"

So if he does a bit of lino action at the weekends, in the Brighton and Hove amateur leagues, I think it is legitimate to nominate Timmy "Hove Born and Bred" the wanker.

Oh, hang on, he isn't a politician any more, is he.

Actually reading the OP's stricture again, he said "Let's go with". That could mean let's start with.

Perhaps that tiny shred of ambiguity is the reason why many of us have stumbled into a world of tomfoolery.

It is what it is.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
At the moment... Wout Weghorst - excellent tactician in penalty shoot out, but sh.t human being...... and yes, I would be deeply unhappy if an Albion player had done that.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Luke Ayling he's probably a very nice chap and I can't quite work out what he or the Romans ever did to me but I have to close my eyes when I see him and think pretty flowery thoughts,he just gets on my tits and masquerading as a professional footballer dosen't help my dislike of this goofy lummox.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Not deliberately. I read your thread title and immediately thought of owners and media personalities. It’s only when you read the opening post you see that you’ve excluded them. I’ve no idea why you did when they’re the problem with modern football
I’m sorry my thread didn’t meet your personal criteria.

I deliberately focused on individuals which wind-up fans during matches (sometimes just by their mere presence).

I don’t know how much fun it is comparing Harry Kane to… say, Amanda Staveley. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
My nephew met Neal Maupay unexpectedly in Churchill Square in a sports shop just before his departure to Scouseland and he was very friendly, posing for a selfie and signing an autograph. Spent quite a while talking to him as well. I want him to do well (eventually!) at Everton after hearing all that.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Sean Dyche
Jay Rodriguez

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
My nephew met Neal Maupay unexpectedly in Churchill Square in a sports shop just before his departure to Scouseland and he was very friendly, posing for a selfie and signing an autograph. Spent quite a while talking to him as well. I want him to do well (eventually!) at Everton after hearing all that.
He will get a few goals in the championship, maybe that’s what he meant by a clear upgrade :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here