Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Most beautiful UK County you have spent time in?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Sussex by a country mile

Have you been anywhere else? Seriously, Sussex is not the most beautiful county in the UK, as much as I would like to claim it is. It's probably not even in the top 5.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Gloucestershire,Cumbria and Cornwall

Glad someone finally said the right answer!!! Although amazingly, the actual town of Gloucester is a complete shithole, the surrounding area's are just beautiful. I also think that Avon is a spectacular area of Britain. Sussex comes 3rd, tied with Somerset (as you can guess I am a BIG fan of the west country!!!)

Oct 25, 2003
parts of northumberland are absolutely stunning

sure, the weather isn't great but the coastline is borderline out of this world, and it also has a really underrated national park...and brilliant CASTLES

1033_32_28---Holy-Island_web.jpg

coastal_region_bamburgh_castle.jpg

gallerywarkworthk940870.jpg

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Pembrokeshire I guess, but every county has its good bits.

Devon Seagull

Sep 25, 2004
South Devon
Devon and Cumbria. Although my heart is always in Sussex there are more beautiful and picturesque counties. IMHO.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Most beautiful - Cumbira, Cornwall. Sussex, in parts.

Ugliest - South Yorkshire. Does it have any redeeming qualities?

Domsdad

brother of Patch
Sep 24, 2003
Its grim up north
I have lived all over England and bits of Wales and Scotland too. Also other parts of the world. Maybe some of you who live in Sussex get a bit blase' about it but I tell you, and you know, there's no coastline comes close to the 7 sisters, no hills near the beauty of the Downs, the Weald is the best villagey countryside in the world, Chichester Harbour the best estuary area.
And Brighton is the jewel in the crown.

Cumbria for me, I lived there year before last, and it's got everything - fantastic scenes, marvelous scenes, and incredible scenes.
Towns tucked in valleys or on hillsides, walls that must have been constructed by mountaineers and taken decades to build, winding roads through rocky passes
and roman ruins. Coastal beauty, forests to get lost in and rambles over some glorious ranges looking down on massive lakes. Amazing.

[yt]eX0byS01zGs[/yt]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here