Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Most beautiful UK County you have spent time in?

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I can never understand why people from this area bypass Dorset to get all the way to the overrated Cornwall!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Cumbria, for the Lake District.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Sussex by a country mile

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
The counties are less clearly defined than in England, but gotta be mid/north west Wales for me, so Merioneth, Caenarfonshire kinda way. Beautiful mountains (complete with forests and government-maintained mountain bike trails), awesome beaches.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Cornwall. And parts of Shropshire.

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
I was born and raised in Purbeck so I am a bit biased towards Dorset. Sussex is OK but come on, those of you who think that Sussex is the most beautiful county really do need to get out a bit.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
This is a tough call. The Yorkshire Dales are stunning, so they would be my first choice followed closely by the Exmoor National Park in North Devon/West Somerset.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Cumbria, for the Lake District.

Good call Edna.

ps Although it isn't a county (obviously), the Isle of Man is has all the wonderful landscapes you find on the mainland - but on a mini scale. Oh, and it's got many sections of first-class roads that have no speed limit (not to mention the best motorcycle racing in the world). Marvelous.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
much as I love (and live in) Shropshire and its blue remembered hills, I couldn't nominate anywhere without a coastline - which bit of coastline I haven't a clue as it is all fantastic! Caermarthenshire? Sutherland? Cumbria?.................... I will have to be dull and say Devon just because it has two coastlines and some beautiful rolling green hills inbetween.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here