Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Most annoying regional accent.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would go with Black Country or Brummie. I went in a pub in Wolverhampton some yearts ago and ordered a Light & Bitter to which the barmaid said " F..k Off we dont serve cockneys and me coming from Sussex not London but I suppose it is near enough for them.

Last edited:

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I don't have an accent thank God, but I am starting to creep Geordie / Smoggie slang from living up in the North-east.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
All of them. BBC is getting worse too now it's based in the North so they use local experts for items.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I would go with Black Country or Brummie. I went in a pub in Wolverhampton some yearts ago and ordered a Light & Bitter to which the barmaid said " F..k Off we dont serve cockneys and me coming from Sussex not London but I suppose it is near enough for them.

Honestly - I've been down here 20 years and the whole south east sounds the same still. Certainly the most homogenous part of the country, accent wise. I'd describe it as 'slightly annoying'

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Astonished that the dull Mancunian drawl hasn't featured. I hate that one.

Same here...lazy and ugly....all that ' eh ' at the end of everything...' Roon eh '...' Sit eh ' ( City ) and just horrible sounds like...' U..ni..ed '
No time either for....
1) Bristolian
2) South Hants ( Pompey etc )
3) Scouse
4) Brummie
5) Norfolk
6) Essex
7) Leeds...as ugly and as bad as Manchester...just horrible...lock them both up together and throw away the key.
As for this new street speak in London and S.E....God give me strength...if I ever have the misfortune to encounter someone speaking like this, I feign ignorance and ask them what language they are speaking in. What the hell are their parents doing? They should be prosecuted for letting their kids speak like this. It is an offence to society. Innit.

sailor

May 7, 2013
BN27
Mockney grates on me, you can tell when people are laying it on thick. Strong indian accents can irritate too.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I love accents and how they change over such a small area. Lancashire is so different to Liverpool. And Bristol is so different to Somerset. You only have to get past Chichester and you start to hear the West Country twang.

Deep in the heart of Hampshire there's quite a range. Most people are understandable, but I was queueing behind this one woman yesterday and I couldn't understand a single word she said. It was something along the lines of "OOaarae paakafaa plaegh uteiaa ga asoy"

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Sloane Ranger, hate to hear that famous band being called the "Railing Stains".

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Scouse for me, followed by Brummie/ Black Country.

The Bristolian accent isn't annoying, so much as highly amusing. I struggle to take anyone seriously when they speak like that. Imagine some of history's greatest orations being performed by somebody from Bristol & you'll understand.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here