Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Most agonising pain?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Nerve pain

Nuralga and Sciatica.

Grew out of the first and found cure for the latter, far worse than any tooth ache.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
A tooth abcess. I had antibiotics for two days which didn't touch it. My whole face was swollen like a hamster. The pain went right up into my jawbone, cheekbone, nose and eye.
In the end, I lost the tooth, had a root canal filling and a crown.

B@stards, they only gave me a tiara!

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
What's your cure for the latter? Have chronic lower back issues that can heal after 4/5 trips to the chiropractor but stopping the damned sciatica would be bloody good start.

think I'll start a thread about it as I know quite a few who dont know about this.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Gout
Suffered for 30 years as I'm allergic to the best cure. A diet change has slowed it down recently and very strong pain killers that would knock a horse out.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
A condition that is quite common but that people don't talk about because it seems to have a stigma. I had an anal tear after a violent stomach bug about 3 years ago. The resulting fissure would go into spasm for about 2 hours after a bowel movement. I have never known anything like it; took about 3 weeks to heal.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
I had a back injury a couple of years ago. Initially I though my hamstring had snapped and then I lost all feeling in my leg which quickly became pins and needles. I crawled in to an ambulance stayed in there for a bit but they told me it was a flair up and to go home and recover. Turns out I had prolapsed another disk. Anyway....

When I got out the ambulance I had this excruciating burning pain in my Achilles and any movement was like stabbing pains in my spine and I fell on the floor while my leg continuously cramped and the burning pain came and went with contraction like patterns. I think that lasted for about 24 hours. Anyone had that?

Definitely the worst pain I've had, second to the Middlesbrough game.

Context edit: Hackney Marsh Sunday League

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
After an ankle operation I wasn't recovering well in physio terms so asked for something to aid recovery. Got the usual injection into said joint and BINGO that injection introduced a staphylococcus bacterial infection inside my ankle joint, now I've suffered from gout and that's painful, this, on the other hand, was another level of pain. Two operations to disassemble the joint, jet wash and put back in place and you're left feeling a tad poorly. Two weeks in hospital, plenty of morphine and anti biotics, another six at home with daily doses anti-biotics and still having physio three years later. Due to anit-biotics my immune system was crap and rushed back into hospital twice with urinary infections .... result! Haven't played football or been able to run since.

Second most painful event was leaving the Boro game knowing we'd just lost our best chance and hearing my lads say, "Yeah, but we're better than anyone else in the play-offs and knowing we were a spent force"

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
A tooth abcess. I had antibiotics for two days which didn't touch it. My whole face was swollen like a hamster. The pain went right up into my jawbone, cheekbone, nose and eye.
In the end, I lost the tooth, had a root canal filling and a crown.

This.

I had mine while doing my A Levels. Dentist couldn't treat immediately as I needed antibiotics for the swelling to go down. Went in to a couple of exams dosed up with the strongest painkillers possible - it's a wonder that I passed, I seemed to be having an out of body experience

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Gout
Suffered for 30 years as I'm allergic to the best cure. A diet change has slowed it down recently and very strong pain killers that would knock a horse out.

I suffered too, biggest change I made was cutting out anything with MSG in (Chinese Takeaways mainly) and any preservatives, all but cured it and allopurinol does the rest

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Snapped PCL, ruptured 75% of medial ligament and 25% of the lateral ligament, the upside was that the cartilage was fine ....... For 60 secs or so it was excruciating, couldn't move, couldn't think, couldn't breath.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This.

I had mine while doing my A Levels. Dentist couldn't treat immediately as I needed antibiotics for the swelling to go down. Went in to a couple of exams dosed up with the strongest painkillers possible - it's a wonder that I passed, I seemed to be having an out of body experience

Mine started on a Friday, & I trusted the antibiotics would work, so I only had paracetamol. I was counting down the hours to Monday morning. I should have gone to A&E for something stronger, but I wasn't thinking straight.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Tooth abscess is the winner by far! It was so painful I couldn't think straight, couldn't sleep, just sat up all night whimpering 😭

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Mine started on a Friday, & I trusted the antibiotics would work, so I only had paracetamol. I was counting down the hours to Monday morning. I should have gone to A&E for something stronger, but I wasn't thinking straight.

I had some DF118s, most powerful painkillers I've taken but even they didn't stop the pain entirely. That must have been a long weekend for you, with just paracetamol.

And all of this was at the start of the heatwave in 1976, so it was uncomfortably hot too.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Having my haemorrhoids burst.

Even writing this makes me still feel sick. Imagine a red hot poker inserted up your arse. That's how it felt to me. The blood almost made me pass out. Ironically I've been having a bit of trouble the last couple of weeks - probably the heat. Walking home two December Friday afternoons from the hospital people thought I was pissed with the way I was walking. Childbirth can't be as painful as that.

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
Kidney Stones or snapping my achilles tendon for me are up there but the most painful thing I have ever done is dropped 35kg on to my ring finger causing it to snap in half and also shatter in to four pieces....

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Stabbed in the chest, neck and knee with a screwdriver by one of our traveller friends. Knee was excruciating as the metal had dinked a. It of the knee cap out. Because of EDS local anaesthetic doesn't work on me so 12 stitches with no anaesthetic.
Luckily the chest and neck were only flesh wounds.

Had back seizures a few years back, over New Years. Back would spasm every 10 mins, arching my back and literally lifting me off the bed. Eventually got some Tamazapam and it relaxed the muscles. That was scary. Never had it since.

Ran into a step that had a rusty nail sticking out of it. Shin height. Pulled my leg away before realising it was stuck on a nail. Remember hearing the pop as it came out of the bone. The the blood. Then came the pain.

Someone stepped back onto my shin in a volley ball match , was court so shoes on, scraped all the skin off my right shin. Again, the blood and a very, very odd "numb" pain. Then it became excruciating.

Food poisoning. Was on morphine for a few days. Felt like someone was stabbing my gut and arse hole.

Slipped while taking a tray of boiling hot potatoes out of the oven, to avoid getting the hot fat on me I dropped the oven tray , landed on it, it stuck to my chest and shoulder. To this day I have a griddle marked burn on my shoulder. That was very, very painful at the time and frightening as I couldn't get it off me and I could smell my flesh cooking.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here