Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Most agonising pain?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Having a swab poked down my japs eye down the clinic.
Having my prostate gland massaged in a doctors surgery on all fours with my arse up in the air.
Catching my four skin in my flies.

image.jpg

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
A few from me

1. Twisted bollock. I got a ball in the nuts one evening after school in the mid 90s and was in down in pain for about 5 mins but then it subsided. That evening I was doing my teeth and BOOM I collapsed in a heap and it felt like one of my balls had exploded. The gp was called (lived in the village I lived) and he took one look and called the hospital and said I was on my way in. No time for an ambulance as I lived in the middle of nowhere so my dad took me. The journey was absolute hell. The quickest route to Torbay hospital took me through a village called berry Pomeroy which has speed bumps. I actually wanted to die. I had an emergency operation to get it sorted and had the rest of the week off school. The following week I found out that my best mate (who kicked the ball in the post-school kickabout) told everyone that I had a wooden bollock added and my nickname for a few weeks was woody.

2. Complications with tooth ache.

3. Playing hockey I got a shoulder in my lower back and had six weeks off work and spent almost all of every day lying on the lounge floor. For two days it was so bad that I physically could not get up off the floor without help so my now wife had to come home in her lunch break to help me to the loo. It was not so much the pain as that my back was so badly swollen that the messages could not get from brain to limbs. It ended my hockey and cricket playing and I was also told I would not run again but alas I discovered Pilates. Anyone with a bad back who does not do Pilates is a mug. It has changed my life. I am now able to run and I can also play golf and play cricket with my kids (plus one hockey match a year as the team of 2001 plays the current uni team).

Collapsed lung and broken neck sound worse.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Giving birth naturally, having a caesarian scar opened up days after having the op and having a chest drain put in 😭

Sent from my 4027X using Tapatalk

Ive given birth twice, but the contractions aren't constant. You get relief in between, whereas the abscess pain was relentless.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Something I've never experienced thankfully, what kind of pain is it?.

It is the most pain I have ever felt in my life. When I have an attack I'm not "lucky" enough to just get it in my toe. I normally get it in my ankle. It's a pain so horrendous that I have sat here crying in agony, even just someone walking past me and the breeze from it has had me screaming out.

Nothing can touch it, not even a bed sheet so sleeping is almost nigh on impossible, the missus accidentally kicked me one night in bed on the other leg and the movement had me clinging to the ceiling! Even just the slightest twitch of a toe is excruciating.

As it's a big joint I'm usually bed ridden, and when I need a piss it fills me with dread as I'm going to have to get to a toilet somehow, the whole process of moving is agony, hopping doesn't work as it shakes your leg, the only chance is once I've managed to get my foot on the floor is to drag it as a dead weight, getting to a toilet can take 10 minutes and it's only 10 feet away. Not good when you're trying to drink lots of water to help dilute the acid that's causing it.

I've sat there with a hack saw in tears considering cutting my leg off below the knee to stop the pain. It really is THAT bad. And I don't think I've done the description justice!

This, are you a regular sufferer, the doctor has said that she doesn't want to put me on allopurinol as my attacks aren't frequent enough to warrant it. Which is a pain when I do get an attack.

I've been doing some reading and heard about using apple cider vinegar as gout relief. I started having an attack early last week so the Mrs bought some for me. I drank 3 tablespoons, 3 times a day and by the next morning the attack had all,but subsided.

I now have a bottle in the cupboard at all times. I got married over the weekend so drank enough alcohol to trigger a big attack, my ankle is a little stiff today but I've been on the vinegar and it seems to be clearing.

It tastes absolutely horrific, it's recommended to dilute it with water so I mix 3 tbsp in a pint of water and neck it without taking a breath, although the vinegar is acidic, when it enters the body and the digestive system it turns to an alkaline and counteracts the uric acid.

Sounds like a wonder cure for me.

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
Getting a bruised kneecap from a drunken incident involving me hugging a friend, who was more drunk than I was, while he had a bottle of wine in a bag in his hand, that I smacked my left knee straight into...

Waking up with severe cramp in my calf, or worse, at the bottom of my achilles tendon right above my heel, or even worse in the middle of my foot...

Compared to a lot of posts on here that doesn't seem so bad though...

Last edited:

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Heart Attack. Bloody painful and psychologically terrifying. It's real pain and fright time. Been there got the T shirt!

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
My Mrs has given birth to a son and twin girls naturally and says that having four wisdom teeth out was far worse. The problem is that there is no end in sight for the pain. With childbirth you know it is just part of a finite process.

scooter1

How soon is now?
Sitting here with a raging toothache, waiting for the painkillers to kick in, the pain is ridiculous, tempted to pull the fooker out with some pliers! Question, what is the worse pain you've suffered?

Mine has to be tearing my cruciate ligament, whilst the initial pain did subside a lot after about 20 minutes, that initial pain was unbearable.

Share your pain!
Ruptured ACL. And 30 seconds later the adrenaline kicks in, the pain goes and you think you can play on. And then you end up in s second crumpled heap, and the stark realisation that you've done something serious kicks in

Or being kicked in the balls, that also really hurts!!

Last edited:

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I used to get cluster headaches - someone accurately described it as like having your head being pierced with an ice axe. Luckily I don't get them any more.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Had Quincy a few times and been hospitalized for it.

I would say tooth abscess

Damaging your coccyx isn't pleasant. Still plays up after 3 years.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I used to get cluster headaches - someone accurately described it as like having your head being pierced with an ice axe. Luckily I don't get them any more.

A couple of painkillers and it's gone. Hardly painful

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Broke and dislocated my ankle playing squash. That was bad but nothing compared to having to have the blasted thing put back in it's socket. The consultant did not have the strength to do it herself so got two big lumps to help her. I had gas & air and morphine but I still passed out with the pain. Ouch.

Redundant Gigolo

Jan 19, 2016
I think finding out I had an abscess.

And then realising my dentist was Perseus and the dental assistant was hove born and bred.

That would be the most agonising horrific experience possible

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
A pilonidal sinus the size of a grapefruit apparently, in a rather embarrassing place, I had to go under the surgeons knife to have it drained, then 12 weeks off work while having it packed and dressed daily. The pain before surgery was something I never want to experience again.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Sciatica, just before being carted off to hospital and put in traction.
All I could do was lie there and sweat too painful to even talk.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Alas the dreaded gout it is.
Been through knee replacement, appendix erupting, wisdom teeth under local anaesthetic for 1 1/2 hours, ankle ligaments, renal colic ('kin hurts) and Miranda but gout wins the day.

Only had it the once, touch_wood_01.jpg but NEVER again please.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here