Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Morrissey, sort it out have you lost the plot.... Tom Jones & Cliff Richard !!

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Took my mum to see Tom Jones (she was a huge fan) about 25 years ago, have to say he was fantastic.

I must say when I saw the line-up my thoughts were what is Tom Jones doing with those two, he's actually pretty good

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Cliff never broke America and I guess if you look beyond the music there could be a special bond between the two. I personally can not abide Tom Jones, It is just wrong.[/QUOTE]

If Cliff and Tom can't break America, nothing will...

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
I personally love Morrissey and the Smiths as they were a big part of my youth in the clubs in and around Manchester, and coming from Manchester I can understand the bitterness and melancholy tunes the young man came up with in fairness if you look at nearly all the Manchester bands the followed and even before with bands like Joy Division and Stone Roses, Oasis they all have that feel of depression and suppression, Morrissey is not alone in his thoughts and music. I do feel though that he plays on the "o woe is me" and "the worlds against me" , if he was as introverted he would not have confidence to get up on stage and have strong views on the world.That is all they are views like mine and yours we may not agree on issues, but that is what makes us free. He stand up for what he believes in, which is a trait I admire in people even if I disagree with them.

Having not grown up in Manchester , I clearly would not have got any of that .When the Smiths started turning up on TOTP, I was very much into bands like The Exploited , GBH and the UK Subs. So a bloke fannying around on one leg with a giant flower hanging out his pocket was never going to impress . Becoming the darling of the student union , when the Upstarts were singing 'student power , what a shower ' reinforced the fact that Morrissy and my ears would never become perfect bedfellows.

Can't stand The Cure either , but that's another thread .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here