[News] Morgan Stanley begins move away from London

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
1: By having a smaller economy as a result of Brexit the economy can afford fewer items.

2:By restricting migration as a result of Brexit you end up with fewer providers. So no Ulloa, Calderon, Bruno, Knockaert, but more Leon Best's and Chris O'Grady's (I'm assuming here that if the government is serious about reducing migration by 60-80% that non-international footballers are not top of the list of essential employees.

We will have control of immigration - i.e. the UK set the rules and decide how much we want - as distinct from free movement which we can't control. How do you get from that to saying we won't have foreign footballers? Dramatic statements are all well and good but are more persuasive if there is at least some basis in fact.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
We will have control of immigration - i.e. the UK set the rules and decide how much we want - as distinct from free movement which we can't control. How do you get from that to saying we won't have foreign footballers? Dramatic statements are all well and good but are more persuasive if there is at least some basis in fact.

There will still be freedom of movement for workers if we want to be part of the single market....Not quite sure how that differs too much from us being part of the EU with the 4 yr benefit rule??

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Yes exactly and one the greatest reasons for voting out. Are you claiming that it has been wonderful, with all the restrictions/red tape affecting our farms and fisheries policy, and how we have to keep the scum of the earth here because of the European Court of Human Rights? We now have a chance to stand up for ourselves without being ruled by others.

Compared to the major aspects of our lives, you seem to be very charged up about a few relatively trivial matters.

What are all these restrictions/red tape that are affecting our farms and fisheries policies? How are farmers and fishing people being affected? How many people are being affected? Don't our farmers and fishing people receive any benefits from the EU? Are these restrictions/red tape just imposed on Britain or have we been involved in negotiations and agreed to the outcomes?

How many scum of the earth have we had to keep here because of the European Court of Human Rights? How has that personally affected you? Has the European Court of Human Rights ever done anything good for Britain? Have any of their decisions been incorporated into English law? Has the justice you may receive been enhanced by the existence of the European Court of Human Rights and their decisions?

In which ways have we not been able to stand up for ourselves? In which ways will being able to able to stand up for ourselves in future affect you? How will your quality of life improve?

Whether we are in the EU or out, things are never going to be either wonderful or disastrous, there are always going to be some aspects that could be improved or things that irritate however, try looking at the bigger picture. The EU was created to prevent European nations fighting each other and stop adding to the death toll that had risen inexorably over the centuries to culminate in the tens of millions who lost their lives during the first half of the 20th century. Building on the peace dividend, the EU further developed into a common marketplace so that nations could grow and flourish economically.

Peace and prosperity. Yep, I'd claim that's wonderful.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
There will still be freedom of movement for workers if we want to be part of the single market....Not quite sure how that differs too much from us being part of the EU with the 4 yr benefit rule??

Sorry, yes, I agree that too is a possible outcome. Which would again mean no impact on foreign football talent. Which was the point I was trying to address.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

We will just go back to the old rule - no more than 3 non British players, also they wouldn't be able to say footballers are key to the UK, you would have to be consistant and not let them in just because They play football

Plus, and this is the big one.

Why would they want to come here?

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
We will just go back to the old rule - no more than 3 non British players, also they wouldn't be able to say footballers are key to the UK, you would have to be consistant and not let them in just because They play football

Thats not going to happen..We will no doubt join the single market which will allow freedom of movement for workers in europe...No different than now..

They will want to come for....wait for it....MONEY

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
1: By having a smaller economy as a result of Brexit the economy can afford fewer items.

2:By restricting migration as a result of Brexit you end up with fewer providers. So no Ulloa, Calderon, Bruno, Knockaert, but more Leon Best's and Chris O'Grady's (I'm assuming here that if the government is serious about reducing migration by 60-80% that non-international footballers are not top of the list of essential employees.

That's the dream.

Means Spurs would keep hold of such stars as David Lee, that will be a delight.

Another affect with the decreased overseas players - The TV companies won't pay the billions they do now, How would Bloom react to that? Whilst he is a Brighton fan I am sure he won't stick around with no TV money and no chance of getting anything back from being promoted and cashing in.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Thats not going to happen..We will no doubt join the single market which will allow freedom of movement for workers in europe...No different than now..

They will want to come for....wait for it....MONEY
But that's not what the Brexiters voted for as we are told, they voted for no freedom of movement

There won't be half as much money in a substandard league, plus what would the rest of the family do?

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
But that's not what the Brexiters voted for as we are told, they voted for no freedom of movement

There won't be half as much money in a substandard league, plus what would the rest of the family do?

It doesn't matter what they voted for...Freedom of movement for workers will still be here as we will join the single market.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Don't you think that the elected government should've had these solutions in place before giving us the chance of a referendum, or were they too conceited in their beliefs. If they didn't it's a very poor show
I've not commented at all on this outcome until now, and in my honest opinion which as a remainer will not impress the vocal many of the leave posters on here, but I believe that Cameron really did not think that the leave campaign would succeed and therefore did not feel the need to have any contingency plans in place, and on seeing the unravelling of the leavers impossible promises and their campaign leaders deserting this sinking ship he was probably right. He obviously thought not enough would have been daft enough to believe their campaign to make leave possible, so Cameron how stupid are you. I can only see even more hardship for the working classes for the foreseeable future and at 62 now I hope I am alive to see the brave new prosperous world most of the leavers voted for but I'm not expecting to.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne

We set the rules for non EU migration now. And if they are good enough we let the players in. EU migration will either be the same, or will continue to be free.

So the foreign talent will come for the same reason they come now. ££££. Lets be honest they don't come for anything else.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
We set the rules for non EU migration now. And if they are good enough we let the players in. EU migration will either be the same, or will continue to be free.

So the foreign talent will come for the same reason they come now. ££££. Lets be honest they don't come for anything else.

As I understand it - in the Australian style system you only get a work permit if the skill you have is unique/needed.

We have thousands of young footballers in this country.

The money won't be there without the stars, it will be a larger SPL

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
As I understand it - in the Australian style system you only get a work permit if the skill you have is unique/needed.

We have thousands of young footballers in this country.

The money won't be there without the stars, it will be a larger SPL

I can't work out if you are being serious or not!

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
How do you know that?

No one knows what will be affected!

I am just saying football will be affected if there is an end to it.

The Brexit brigade have already said they will be looking to join the single market...Part of the membership conditions state that there must be freedom of movement for workers...

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
The Brexit brigade have already said they will be looking to join the single market...Part of the membership conditions state that there must be freedom of movement for workers...

And, one last time, if that didn't happen the UK will write the immigration rules. And I can't see why they would not allow talented footballers in (in the same way we do today for non EU). Of course maybe the Brexit vote means we want to dismantle the most profitable league in the world and I just didn't see it coming.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
The opinion of most Europeans is that it needs to change. Most Europeans are also very grateful that the Brexiters have offered themselves up as sacrificial lambs to achieve this aim.

Europe will change because of the UKs decision.......however, we shall not be part of it. In years to come the remaining bits of the UK....England & Wales.......will be able to look forlornly over the channel whilst they are marooned on their miserable island and their miserable weather.

It will never change the EU is far too stubborn! Why would we want to be part of it? So do you really believe we will stop trading with Europe and they will stop trading with us?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports