Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] More train misery (WHU & Newcastle (home games))

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
No that should work fine, really nerdy facet as well, that train is the Edinburgh service so has a 9xxx headcode that means that if that if a slow train is in front of it, that train is prioritised to leave first, as it has to meet its slot at Stafford. They do occasionally cancel them north of New Street due to route knowledge. There’s at least 6 trains an hour between New Street and Wolverhampton if that does happen. Oh and if Wolves are anything like their West Midlands neighbours Villa, the game will still be going on at 5.45.
Great post thanks 🙏

el punal

Oh lucky me! The trips to the Amex for both the West Ham and Newcastle games would have been a nightmare for me with the train strike. Fortunately a very good friend of mine has offered to drive on both occasions. Every cloud has a silver lining and all that.

That still doesn’t alter the fact that this dispute has gone on long enough now. None of the parties are going to budge so why continue to make us fare paying passengers suffer any more? I’ve come to the conclusion that those involved don’t seem to give a shit about anything or anybody that is not included in their agenda.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Yes I am afraid these strikes are going to continue until we get a labour government in year or twos time and everyone then can receive the pay rise they deserve as long as they are a trade union member of course so we will just have to put up with the disruption for a little while longer

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Yes I am afraid these strikes are going to continue until we get a labour government in year or twos time and everyone then can receive the pay rise they deserve as long as they are a trade union member of course so we will just have to put up with the disruption for a little while longer
As a matter of interest do you think the new Labour government will pay all public service staff what they want

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Mines just received a stern email from me

I hope you used, "I am Fuming hun"

Labour have already said that's not going to happen.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
I get that it was pretty bad after the game Saturday, but that 3 trespassers and an attempted suicide all within an hour of each other, is unlikely to happen again. Like you said pre match before that happened it was fine, I would just accept it’s extremely unlucky and do the same, next week. As much as it’s not ideal, the public transport away from the Amex is no better or worse than 90% of other football grounds in the country.
It's worse than 90% of other grounds, certainly if you include easy parking too.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I agree, they need to sort this out, but at the end of the day the government have the purse strings, and can call the talks, no one is actively doing it.

Nobody is sitting round as there is just a blame game, the government say it’s between the companies and the unions. The companies then go to the unions, get a fully costed plan. Go back to the department and say this is what we’ll do. Then the government say, no we don’t want to give in, give them these stupid T&Cs to insert with the fully costed plans, which wouldn’t be able to be implemented. Inevitably the companies then go back to the union with the stupid T&Cs, the Union say no and the whole process starts again. As I pointed out the companies which do not have to seek Central government approval have all reached fully costed resolutions, why can’t the other TOCs, because it’s ideological, no one in the government cares.

The only way this ends is a general election.
Can the Unions not instigate talks? After all, it's their members who are losing money when they strike. Do they not want a solution? Unfortunately the Transport Minister and the rest of this pathetic Govt. aren't financilly afffected and simply don't care.

Or are they happy all just to wait another 16/18 months (until a GE) before they start talking?

As I said before none of them (Unions / Govt / Companies) are blameless.
Do you honestly think that a Labour Govt (who I will be voting for providing they start talking about reentering the CU and SM ) will give the train drivers etc what they want - if they do the whole public sector will walk out wanting the same.

Last edited:

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Yes, it'll be free beer and sandwiches all round. Can't wait.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Can the Unions not instigate talks? After all, it's their members who are losing money when they strike. Do they not want a solution? Unfortunately the Transport Minister and the rest of this pathetic Govt. aren't financilly afffected and simply don't care.

Or are they happy all just to wait another 16/18 months (until a GE) before they start talking?

As I said before none of them (Unions / Govt / Companies) are blameless.

Do you honestly think that a Labour Govt (who I will be voting for providing they start talking about reentering the CU and SM ) will give the train drivers etc what they want - if they do the whole public sector will walk out wanting the same.
They can instigate talks, but the government won’t sit down, like I said it goes round in circles. Nobody takes responsibility. The labour government won’t necessarily agree but it’s a damn site better solution, than keeping the current Tory government who are doing nothing.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
65 grounds in England (not including many non-league) + about 30 in mainland Europe.
So you think it’s easier to get out of old Trafford where you have to queue for the tram, or Man City, or Arsenal where you have to either walk 20 mins to Finsbury or Islington and queue. It’s no worse than a lot I’ve been to, let alone if there’s any transport, anywhere near the ground.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here