Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Money for toff kids and Tory rubbish. Again.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Great, when you're both doddery old codgers, who's going to wipe your arse at the nursing home? Society needs people to have children.

Are you sure, don't you get child benefit? Still, good luck to you and your partner.

You seem to contradict yourself! First you say everyone that has children should be able to afford it but then go on to say that the state should pay for childcare etc!!!

I hear the argument the world needs kids all the time. Firstly, no, not at the current rate it doesn't and secondly people have had, do have and will always have children regardless of state benefit. Completely redundant argument. I believe low income families should get child benefit totally. Families on upwards of 80 grand a year, come off it.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
See the Tories are giving parents, even those who earn up to 300,000 p/a a grand per child per year for no real reason. Not til 2015 though when they won't be in power anymore. Still, nice to see them looking after the toffs and ignoring the average no child couple or single men and women who are getting pushed further and further into the margins of poverty.

Surely a childless couple are just about the most well off demographic in society? How on earth are they being pushed into poverty?

Your post is basically nonsense.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
So you are saying that because people have worked hard and been successful they deserve nothing? Most of these so called 'toffs' pay more than their fair share of tax that puts food in mouth of people whinging about it.

That is exactly how these scroungers think. They have no concept of the fact that these "toffs" (ha has, what an oldfashioned word!) are the very same people who's hard-earned goes in taxes to support the peasants.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I hear the argument the world needs kids all the time. Firstly, no, not at the current rate it doesn't and secondly people have had, do have and will always have children regardless of state benefit. Completely redundant argument. I believe low income families should get child benefit totally. Families on upwards of 80 grand a year, come off it.

What a pitty it is the slags who have kids with their retard five-minute "partners" that have so many and then scrouge off of the state to pay fow them. All they breed is more low-life scroungers that far from contribute to society.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Surely a childless couple are just about the most well off demographic in society? How on earth are they being pushed into poverty?

Your post is basically nonsense.

It's not your fault you think this. I know people in housing and the following is a very, very common occurance these days and it's increasing.

Single male finds he cannot make his rent due to low income, applies for benefit, landlord won't accept benefit, housing will not find him a place as he has no dependants, rent arrears build up, he gets evicted and still no help as he has no dependents. Lives on the street.

If you have kids this just won't happen, and quite right trust me single people with no kids are getting shafted.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
What a pitty it is the slags who have kids with their retard five-minute "partners" that have so many and then scrouge off of the state to pay fow them. All they breed is more low-life scroungers that far from contribute to society.

I can't disagree.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
It's not your fault you think this. I know people in housing and the following is a very, very common occurance these days and it's increasing.

Single male finds he cannot make his rent due to low income, applies for benefit, landlord won't accept benefit, housing will not find him a place as he has no dependants, rent arrears build up, he gets evicted and still no help as he has no dependents. Lives on the street.

If you have kids this just won't happen, and quite right trust me single people with no kids are getting shafted.

I just find it all a bit difficult to comprehend. I am part of a childless couple, I was brought up on benefits, I didn't go to university, I've had no helping hand on the ladder from 'toffs'. Yet I have more disposable income than ever before, childless couple seems to be the way to go financially.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I just find it all a bit difficult to comprehend. I am part of a childless couple, I was brought up on benefits, I didn't go to university, I've had no helping hand on the ladder from 'toffs'. Yet I have more disposable income than ever before, childless couple seems to be the way to go financially.

Yes, I agree couples with no children are well off given both remain employed, don't get into trouble. Very little help for them then. I suppose my point is that some people have no comprehension of what being in trouble is. A well off couple with children may find themselves unable to take 2 holidays this year, that's trouble in their opinion, they may have to get rid of one of their cars or switch from Waitrose to Sainsbury and think they are in terrible trouble but can still receive 100 a month in child benefit or vouchers.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Yes, I agree couples with no children are well off given both remain employed, don't get into trouble. Very little help for them then. I suppose my point is that some people have no comprehension of what being in trouble is. A well off couple with children may find themselves unable to take 2 holidays this year, that's trouble in their opinion, they may have to get rid of one of their cars or switch from Waitrose to Sainsbury and think they are in terrible trouble but can still receive 100 a month in child benefit or vouchers.

I'm on above average income but, as I said, we can't afford one holiday a year, nor can we afford to run a car. And our £120 child benefit a month scarcely makes much difference - but it's nice to have. A couple earning enough to run a two cars and have two holidays a year will not be receiving any child benefit, so that's a non-starter.

As I also said, I'm not moaning about this but Commander is right, childless couples are the most cash-rich members of society. To say they're struggling is just ridiculous.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
You seem to contradict yourself! First you say everyone that has children should be able to afford it but then go on to say that the state should pay for childcare etc!!!

Not at all. I think the state should help but instead of child benefit, which can be spent by the parents on things that don't benefit their kids, the money goes elsewhere so that it directly improves childrens' lives and helps ease the burden on parents.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
See the Tories are giving parents, even those who earn up to 300,000 p/a a grand per child per year for no real reason. Not til 2015 though when they won't be in power anymore. Still, nice to see them looking after the toffs and ignoring the average no child couple or single men and women who are getting pushed further and further into the margins of poverty.

No interest in football, yet managed 13,000 posts in six years on a football forum. Top effort.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I'm on above average income but, as I said, we can't afford one holiday a year, nor can we afford to run a car. And our £120 child benefit a month scarcely makes much difference - but it's nice to have. A couple earning enough to run a two cars and have two holidays a year will not be receiving any child benefit, so that's a non-starter.

As I also said, I'm not moaning about this but Commander is right, childless couples are the most cash-rich members of society. To say they're struggling is just ridiculous.

You haven't really read this thread have you? Families who earn up to £300,000 a year will get this benefit so yes, the very well off will be better off.

Anyone without children,in a couple or not will struggle if they hit hard times, way more so than people with children. It's a fact.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Nibble is one of the more interesting posters on here. At least he has an opinion and stands his ground. in all a great character.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
No interest in football, yet managed 13,000 posts in six years on a football forum. Top effort.

ah, the perfect blend of fact and assumption. Sorry son, are the adults boring you with grown up talk? When I signed up I didn't actually worry what you would think of my post count or what I am or am not interested in, certainly didn't think enough about other unknown posters to spend my days trawling through threads picking out posters I object to and commenting ion threads I've no interest in eh TSB.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
You haven't really read this thread have you? Families who earn up to £300,000 a year will get this benefit so yes, the very well off will be better off.

Anyone without children,in a couple or not will struggle if they hit hard times, way more so than people with children. It's a fact.

You're confusing two separate things. Couples earning £300,000 a year do not get child benefit - couples earning £100,000 a year don't get it.

There is a proposal for couples earning £300,000 to receive childcare vouchers but as, I posted earlier, to receive a grand's worth of vouchers, that couple would have to be paying £4,000 in childcare. I've read the thread but it looks like you're the one who hasn't read it.

But as for the idea that a couple without children would struggle more than a couple with children if they hit hard times, that's just complete drivel. If income fell from £2,000 to £1,000 as a single person, I'd survive. If it fell to £1,000 when supporting a family of four, I'd struggle. That's simple maths. To think someone on 1,000 a month is worse off than someone on £250 requires a very weird form of reasoning.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
ah, the perfect blend of fact and assumption. Sorry son, are the adults boring you with grown up talk?

Christ, it's like NMH is back.

Pretty sure you're underestimating the cost of having children mate.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
You could potentially switch certain food stuffs to M&S and then get basics from Asda and your average spend would still fall, but you'd still enjoy quality produce in the right areas.

The government should really produce some sort of leaflet for higher earners so they can see how they can cope in these austere times. What are they doing for goodness sake?!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here