Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MOM today

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If it was just for attacking BRUNO all day long. Completely orchestrated the first goal and just countless lovely touches and flicks. Sadly on the other hand he was our worst defender by a mile.

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
If it was just for attacking BRUNO all day long. Completely orchestrated the first goal and just countless lovely touches and flicks. Sadly on the other hand he was our worst defender by a mile.

I'm not sure that he lost the ball more times than Ward, although when he did it was in a more dangerous situation as they normally had 2-3 coming down the left-hand side.

So not a mile, but yeah he was our worst defender. Still not bad, though, and I'd take him over Calderon because of the extra attacking impetus he gives us.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm not sure that he lost the ball more times than Ward, although when he did it was in a more dangerous situation as they normally had 2-3 coming down the left-hand side.

So not a mile, but yeah he was our worst defender. Still not bad, though, and I'd take him over Calderon because of the extra attacking impetus he gives us.

At 0-0 him over Calderon any day of the week. When defending a lead sometimes I'd rather see Calde although people forget how easily he can be skinned.

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
For me:

1) Forster-Caskey;
2) Bruno; or
3) Kuszczack.

Thoughts?

I'll forgive you since it is difficult to see so far away up there, but I thought JFC didn't have a great game (and I'm a fan of his).

It was Bruno until he gave me a few heart attacks diving in and missing (sublime cross excepted) but it was finally between Buckers and Upson. Honourable mentions to Dunk, Ward (my current player of the season) and Ince.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Dunk or Ward for me. Though Ince played magnificently too. God, it's a tough one tonight. Long may we have the problem of trying to pick a MoM!

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Has to be Kuszczak again for me. If it wasnt for him, we would have lost the game by half time. Really hope he doesn't leave in the summer, probably the best keeper I have seen from the crowd!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Upson for me. Bruno is a liability as a defender, backing off by 10 yards and standing with your hands behind back is not defending and he even managed to turn his back a couple of times, horrendous. Added to which he always allows the attacker across him thus a a free shot/cross and there were plenty tonight! He did though manage one cross tonight and it resulted in a goal. Some posters say he offers more going forward I disagree Cald has scored more and created more imo.

Other good performances tonight Dunk Ward and Ince better J F-C and Buckley. Overall though I felt we were second best for the majority of the game and a yard off the pace.

Should mention the substitution bringing Lua Lua on actually created the space on the other wing that resulted in the goal. A game changer.

Last edited:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
For me:

Kuszczak - no - one or two decent saves, but he struggled to hold onto the ball too often, and distribution was pretty poor.
Bruno -no - great cross for the goal, but although he made some key tackles, he also frequently lost possession too easily
JFC - no - seem to run into alleys when good passes are on, or shooting opportunity was there, also seemed to try to be too cute at times and lost possession
Ince - no - struggle to control the ball, little clumsy in the challenge
Ulloa - no - not sure he did much for the goal, it seemed to arrive at him too quickly for him to react, but he did score, he got a few clearances in, but there was one incident in the second half where he had a tackle that made Lopez look like Terry Butcher, and often times seemed to be too dejected and not really up for it. Not a notably bad game, but not MOTM-worthy.

I'd be inclined to go with Ward or Upson. Dunk did ok, but seemed to rely on Upson a lot. Upson was assisting Dunk while also dominating, Ward put in a strong defensive performance and got a goal.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Upson, Ince, Koosh the stand outs, with Ward and Dunk very close behind.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Wouldn't have him as MoM necessarily, but was heartening to see JFC put on a decent show, as his recent performances have had me wondering if he could cut it at this level.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here