[Albion] Moises or Alexis, who is better?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who is a better player?

• Moises

Votes: 126 96.2%
  • MacAllister

Votes: 5 3.8%

• Total voters

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Well? Seen this debate on twitter over and over again, some people saying it’s an ‘unpopular opinion’ that Moises is a far superior player, which I personally think is a given.

Personally I think Alexis is trying to be something he’s not with playing in that 10 role, he’s a much much more effective player deeper, but still not as good as Caicedo.

Moises for me, btw.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
In our system, Caicedo is better and more important. I don't think you can judge until both players have played somewhere else in a different system though.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It’s difficult to compare when they had different roles. MacAllister with Messi was world beating, which Messi acknowledged. Caicedo is probably more adaptable to different roles within the Albion team, but both played where the boss put them.
MacAllister was deadly with penalties.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Caicedo is world class. Alexis is not
Yes he is. It's just that Caicedo is better and also hit the ground running.

Honestly, if winning the world cup, running the WC final for an hour, and earning a £45-£55m move to one of the most successful and biggest clubs in the world isn't "world class" then I don't know what is.

And yet Caicedo is actually better. Ultimately a midfield containing both players wouldn't look out of place at any big club: Liverpool, Man Utd, Real Madrid, Juve, Bayern. They would all happily pick both if they had them.

Last edited:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
This just comes across as a bit bitter that he's left, a small number of fans already trying to claim that Mac wasn't that good after all.

And they play different roles so you can't really compare them. It's like asking who's better - Enciso or Ferguson
He wasn’t one of our best players in the second half of last season though? It’s not bitter to say Mac wasn’t as effective playing further forward, I said months ago he wasn’t as good there as he was playing alongside Moises, I think he went away with Argentina and wanted to be a 10 when he came back, could have even been one of the side bets on the new contract?

Just because players play slightly different positions doesn’t mean someone can’t be better than the other :shrug:

I absolutely bloody love Moises tho, so maybe I’m biased but my personal opinion is he’s the best player I’ve seen for us. Mac is a fantastic player, I will miss him dearly but I think we already have a great deputy in Gilmour

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
It's when you watch Moises live that you really realise how good he is. His ability to cover ground is insane. He has the reading of the game of a true master but the recovery ability of an animal like Biss. His vision and passing is exceptional and we've probably not seen his full potential going forward as he's quite restricted under RDZ.

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
Yes he is. It's just that Caicedo is better and also hit the ground running.

Honestly, if winning the world cup, running the WC final for an hour, and earning a £45-£55m move to one of the most successful and biggest clubs in the world isn't "world class" then I don't know what is.

And yet Caicedo is actually better. Ultimately a midfield containing both players wouldn't look out of place at any big club: Liverpool, Man Utd, Real Madrid, Juve, Bayern. They would all happily pick both if they had them.
I judge him on his time with us, not on his game in the World Cup final. He's been below par 2nd part of this season and he doesn't score or assist enough

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Well obviously Moises. But that's only because he has the highest potential of anyone to play for the Albion.

Alexis is world-class (I'm not sure what more you need to do to prove it than get an assist in a World Cup Final and then come back and help drive your team to Europe for the first time ever) and his contribution shouldn't be minimised. We've been very lucky to have both this season.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Moises will be harder to replace on the pitch but Alexis is top class. Both brilliant players.

From everything I have read it is clear that Alexis was incredible off the pitch with the South American contingent so that is much harder to tell. I wish Bruno was still here to help out as I suspect he was brilliant as well.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
We will miss them both hugely. Caicedo is going to be extremely hard to replace though. Alexis did a job at both in the dual pivot and at our ten - but Groß is comparable stats wise doing the same. Then there’s Lallana (when fit) in the gap.

Caicedo, regardless of who went first, was always the tricky one to replace.

But then we said the same about Bissouma, didn’t we?

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
I judge him on his time with us, not on his game in the World Cup final. He's been below par 2nd part of this season and he doesn't score or assist enough
FFS, he wasn't below par. I suggest you watch the Arsenal and Man Utd games back (among others) and see what he did for us. Absolutely ran those games, both when Moises wasn't playing.

And he was our top scorer this season, so I guess you are even more critical of Ferguson, Enciso, Welbeck, March, Mitoma et al?

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Scored 5 in his final 21 games post World-Cup. For comparison, in the same period, in which his team lost just 2 of his 18 appearances, Kevin De Bruyne scored 4.

What are you talking about? He's a midfielder, not Harry Kane.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
I genuinely believe that Macallister and Caciedo last season was one of the best midfield pairings in world football. Probably alongside Gundogan/Rodri, Modric/Kroos, and Bellingham/Brandt I can’t think of any others that were on the same level

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
This just comes across as a bit bitter that he's left, a small number of fans already trying to claim that Mac wasn't that good after all.

And they play different roles so you can't really compare them. It's like asking who's better - Enciso or Ferguson
Ferguson :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports